Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 09:27 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
.. I can't believe Babs is 83...
Yeah, she should have cooled it with the facelifts about 8 shades of wide-eyed wonderment ago. Now, she looks enchanted (or bewildered) about everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
It turns out that Elisabeth isn't going anywhere; BW confirmed that on the show this morning.
Yes, so much for the rumors on that rag, the Daily Mail.

I read that the show has no plans to let Elizabeth go BUT the only one who is indispensable is Ms. Walters.

I admire Barbara very much. I think the show does not do justice to her great mind. She is a fabulous interviewer when she gets an interesting subject and does her homework. There are not a whole lot of women I admire on daytime tv, but I do her, and Mika Brzezinski.

I think Barbara is 83 years old. She looks better than I. She should live forever.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The View, the most hypocritical show on TV. I can't believe people what that coffee klatch gone bad.

They raked the nurse who didn't give CPR to an elderly woman over the coals. The woman resided at a assisted living facility.

The woman had a DO NOT RESUSCITATE order on file. The View women made a huge deal out of this. They jumped the gun and ran that nurse into the ground. I happen to tune it while changing channels and whoa pony. What a mess that jumble of goof balls that is.
The show used to be more controversial and more interesting and informative because of it.

Now, they seem to choose a response to current events that is safe and politically correct. There is no longer much depth in researching an issue. They just phone in what they think is the response of their dumb audience.

I guess they took a survey at some point and realized the low IQ of the bulk of daytime viewers. Maybe that's why they took Sherri on.

It is very sad because I'm retired and years back I used to watch faithfully.

It's just an easy way to collect the paycheck.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 AM

Now The Post is carrying the info about Liz leaving, despite Barbara having recently said to the contrary.

Could it be that ratings are falling and this is just spin to create controversy?

Old 03-29-2013, 07:18 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
Now it appears as though Ms. Walters will retire in May of 2014, according to Hollywood Entertainment Breaking News - Deadline.com/hollywood

Old 03-30-2013, 06:35 AM

So I heard. Why all the vacillation?
Will Whoopie be the new host?
Joy really kept on top of the latest news, but sometimes she wasn't so fair minded. Whoopie, I think, would be good to take over, but they really need a news junky to replace Joy.
Sherrie should be invited to leave. The decision to bring her onboard seems dumb. What does she contribute?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,403,257 times
Kiran Chetry would be good good host for the show. A news background and a good sense of humor.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Kiran Chetry would be good good host for the show. A news background and a good sense of humor.
I don't know the lady but that's a good idea. A news background and liking to keep a balance when and if things ever get out of hand. That's to replace Barbara - not that anyone COULD replace her.

Hassleback can be rabid about the news and her right wing issues. Joy was a good match for her, in that they are both very prejudiced. Now they are left wit Hassle and no balance.

Whoopie has some creative comments and I really like her, but she tends to be moderate and well reasoned in her opinions unless she says something just to be controversial, which she sometimes does, I think.

So, who will balance the Hassle?

Barbara must have some people lined up, or she would have delayed announcing her departure. So sorry, I had to decline.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:02 AM

I know this is gossip, but the article authors seem pretty sure that Joy and Liz are out.

BOTH, including Joy, have been asked to leave.

The ratings are failing the show and it sort of appears as though they want another light, fluff, female show lacking the sincere support of various issues because both Joy and Liz are the polar opposites who drive that sort of debate.

No mention in the article of Barbara leaving. I hope not. I really like her. Hope her health holds up.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck “is toast” on “The View” while Ali Wentworth, Christie Brinkley jockey for the job - NYPOST.com

Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I don't watch it very often any longer. It seems to have evovled into a show all about promos for ABC shows I never watch. Occasionally if they have someone on I like I will tune in but I don't watch regularly like I used to. Hot Topics is my favorite part.

Joy is one of my favorites, sad to see her go but I understand why she would want to. I like Alexandra Wentworth as a replacement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV