Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 02:25 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Why is she pissed off at Amelia at all? Or at Dr. Penny? Or at everyone else that she's perpetually pissed off at? Her self-involved rage is really getting old.

He was injured in whatever Seattle-area calamity filled up the hospital's ER.
Amelia didn't go to Mer's patient because she was mad at her. Mer wouldn't have been alone if Amelia hadn't been acting like a child.

Penny failed to save Derek. And she could have. All she had to do was push her attending or whoever refused to do the brain scan or whatever it was.

Derek was saying in his head that he could be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 02:57 PM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Amelia didn't go to Mer's patient because she was mad at her. Mer wouldn't have been alone if Amelia hadn't been acting like a child.
Meredith didn't know that; therefore, she could not have been angry at Amelia for it.

So why is Meredith so pissed off at Amelia, I ask one more time? A valid reason, please ...

Quote:
Penny failed to save Derek. And she could have. All she had to do was push her attending or whoever refused to do the brain scan or whatever it was.
Meredith as a seasoned physician, knows it's not always possible to "push her attending" and has in the past experienced that very issue; therefore, she should not be angry with Penny.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Meredith didn't know that; therefore, she could not have been angry at Amelia for it.

So why is Meredith so pissed off at Amelia, I ask one more time? A valid reason, please ...

Meredith as a seasoned physician, knows it's not always possible to "push her attending" and has in the past experienced that very issue; therefore, she should not be angry with Penny.
She did know that Amelia didn't come. And, I'm just answering the questions. Why she was mad. Not saying whether we think it's justified or not. Just answering.

She stated clearly why she was mad at Penny. At the time that Derek died. And told her she had to learn from this and never let it happen again.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:42 PM

221 posts, read 203,012 times
Quote:

Because Amelia has been very childish about all the things she's been pissed off about, and has been pretty irrational. She was angry that Meredith took Derek off of life support before letting her know and giving her a chance to try and save his life. She's angry that Meredith has agreed to let Penny (who she holds most directly responsible for Derek's death) work at Grey Sloane. She's angry that Owen has been opening up to Meredith and not her. And now she's angry that Meredith has told her to move out. So Amelia has been throwing her childish temper tantrums, and Meredith resents being having to take the brunt of all of Amelia's anger and being blamed for everything that's wrong with Amelia's life.

Is that a valid enough reason?

Old 02-13-2016, 05:37 PM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Hey, I'm just pointing out the illogic of Meredith's temper tantrums and grudges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogityboogity View Post
Because Amelia has been very childish about all the things she's been pissed off about, and has been pretty irrational. She was angry that Meredith took Derek off of life support before letting her know and giving her a chance to try and save his life.
I forgot about that, thank you. I thought they'd both worked past that --- and maybe they did, but apparently it didn't last. More illogic.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:05 PM

I liked Amelia better on the other show.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:33 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,259,033 times
Yeah, so did I (Private Practice).

Old 02-14-2016, 06:41 AM

36,423 posts, read 16,036,192 times
I thought Ellen Pompeo did a great job, although I don't usually think so. I loved Amelia in Private Practice too.

I think a new Dr. Mc-something will enter the picture, to stir things up

Old 02-14-2016, 07:14 AM

221 posts, read 203,012 times
Quote:
Hey, I'm just pointing out the illogic of Meredith's temper tantrums and grudges.
Well, I don't really agree that Meredith is throwing any temper tantrums (that's totally Amelia's forte), and I don't think her anger is illogical at all.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:33 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,262,078 times
I can't stand Amelia.

No Neurosurgeon worth a **** would behave like she does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV