Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2020, 03:35 AM

23,895 posts, read 33,650,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Actually they had created embryos.....he stated he signed legal papers allowing her to do with them as she wanted..
She did not trick him
I didn't say she tricked him

I watched it Saturday. Wonder why Richards letter didn't get read. He's the only one that talked about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Agreed. After so many seasons, I have forgotten a lot of things: that Alex and Izzy ever had a relationship (Were they married? Why did they make embryos together?), why Izzie left Seattle Grace, did she live/die, why wouldn't she have told Alex that she had his twins, etc?

I didn't love this ending for Alex, but I can't say that I have any better ideas. I get that they were trying to make him look honorable, but that failed. Leaving and divorcing Jo with nothing but a letter was not honorable.
Yes, Alex and Izzie got married. Izzie had cancer, they took her eggs before treatment. In the flash backs, Izzie was in a hospital bed fighting cancer. He told Izzie he gave sperm so they could fertilize the eggs.

I googled Alex and Izzie because I didn't remember why she was written out

Quote:
Izzie was fired from Seattle Grace after accidentally giving a patient the wrong dosage of a medicine, which caused the patient to miss out on a much-needed kidney transplant. Even though Alex was partly responsible for the mix-up, Izzie ended up on the hook for it.
In the divorce, he said she could have the embrios. You should rewatch Mere reading his letter, he told her that at the time, he said that he didn't care what she did with them; but once he called her to write Mere a letter for court, he heard kids in the back ground; I don't recall how he found out the kids were his.

Wiki has history for Izzie Stevens

Quote:
Izzie makes a treatment error that endangers the life of a patient, and is fired from the hospital's surgical program. Believing Alex is partially to blame, she writes him a Dear John letter and leaves.[27] Izzie later learns that Alex was not responsible for her lost job, and returns to make amends with him, but Meredith informs her that Alex is moving on. Izzie informs Alex that she no longer has cancer. Although he is pleased, Alex officially breaks up with Izzie, telling her that he loves her but deserves better. She leaves Seattle to start fresh.[28] Several episodes later, Alex informs Meredith that Izzie sent divorce papers, which he signs in the episode "How Insensitive".[29] In the sixth-season finale, Alex is shot and asks for Izzie. Imagining that Meredith's half-sister Lexie (Chyler Leigh) is Izzie, he apologizes and asks her never to leave him again.[30] In the season 12 episode "I Choose You", Alex's new partner Jo (Camilla Luddington) finds an invoice from the fertility clinic that housed Izzie and Alex's fertilized embryos from when she had cancer, and ponders the possibility that he has "a bunch of Izzie babies".[31] In the 300th episode, Alex reveals he never found out what happened to Izzie, but envisions a perfect life for her, always smiling, now that he has moved on and is happy with Jo. While the character was not fully seen in the season 16 episode "Leave A Light On", it was revealed that Alex left Jo and got back together with Izzie, who is now working as a surgical oncologist. The two of them are revealed to be living on a farm in Kansas raising five-year-old twins named Alexis and Eli.

Grey's Anatomy: Everything You Need to Know About Alex and Izzie's Relationship

Quote:
For OG Grey's fans, Izzie's impact on Alex is something embedded in our memory, but for those who have recently climbed aboard the Grey's train and aren't completely familiar with the dysfunctional couple's history, this article is for you. Though, since it's been over 10 seasons since we've seen the two together, it also works as a refresher for Grey's Anatomy fans who don't remember exactly what went down between the two surgeons before Izzie left for good in Season 6. So, let's get in our time machine and break down exactly what happened between Alex and Izzie, and maybe it'll help explain why he would be so drawn to this idyllic life in Kansas.

Last edited by Roselvr; 03-09-2020 at 04:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2020, 04:10 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,020,534 times
^ Richard did get a letter! He was reading it prior to his AA meeting, and then threw it away. He spoke about his letter in the meeting instead of having the Alex read-over like they did with Jo, Meredith and Bailey.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
^ Richard did get a letter! He was reading it prior to his AA meeting, and then threw it away. He spoke about his letter in the meeting instead of having the Alex read-over like they did with Jo, Meredith and Bailey.
I know Richard got a letter; I said I wonder why his didn't get read, I meant it was the only one not read by Alex. I then said he talked about the letter, meaning at the AA meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I watched it Saturday. Wonder why Richards letter didn't get read. He's the only one that talked about it

Old 03-09-2020, 04:39 AM

Ahh, sorry. I read your post wrong. I shouldn't post before my coffee!

I liked how they did Richard's letter. His emotions were so real! And they wove in his current story lines, too. I don't mind how they wrapped up Alex's story - I'm just glad that he's no longer 'somewhere else' and we can simply move on from here. Plus, now Jo owns a piece of the hospital. That's sure to cause some drama!

I wonder if she'll keep his last name?

Old 03-09-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Ahh, sorry. I read your post wrong. I shouldn't post before my coffee!

I liked how they did Richard's letter. His emotions were so real! And they wove in his current story lines, too. I don't mind how they wrapped up Alex's story - I'm just glad that he's no longer 'somewhere else' and we can simply move on from here. Plus, now Jo owns a piece of the hospital. That's sure to cause some drama!

I wonder if she'll keep his last name?
I had a feeling that's what happened lol I normally try not to post until I've had my coffee because I've done the same thing lol

Old 03-21-2020, 10:20 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,606,716 times
I knew DeLucca was right and they were assuming he was psychotic incorrectly...........

Old 03-22-2020, 04:49 AM

I actually think it's both. Delucca keeps being right, but he's also slowly suffering a psychotic break. It's a bad mixture, because being right makes him think he isn't suffering these symptoms....

(Reminds me of my father who is a hoarder - the current situation is 'proving' to him that he isn't a hoarder because he doesn't need to run out and buy a ton of supplies. Instead, he's convinced that everyone else is a hoarder. Sigh....)

Old 03-22-2020, 09:22 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,231,821 times
Is DeLuca going to wipeout at 120mph on his bike and die?

Old 03-22-2020, 11:40 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,429,691 times
I think some of the episodes are interesting. To me it’s a bunch of baby mama/baby daddy’s who should definitely know better. Being surgeons doesn’t make them any better or admirable.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:15 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,606,716 times
Quote:
I actually think it's both. Delucca keeps being right, but he's also slowly suffering a psychotic break. It's a bad mixture, because being right makes him think he isn't suffering these symptoms....

(Reminds me of my father who is a hoarder - the current situation is 'proving' to him that he isn't a hoarder because he doesn't need to run out and buy a ton of supplies. Instead, he's convinced that everyone else is a hoarder. Sigh....)
One can be manic w/o being psychotic. He's definitely manic, which can give people an edge. Like perception. Overall, they are doing a good job portraying that.

IDK where he's going on that motorcycle, but high-speed, risk-taking is also classic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV