Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2020, 07:35 AM

271 posts, read 248,906 times

Advertisements

I was very surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 08:02 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,231,821 times
I liked it, except for having to leave poor Jo. If Izzie was in Utah, Alex could have them both! I am hoping for a Linc and Jo romance now.

I so liked catching glimpses of George, Denny, McDreamy. Seeing how young they all were back then. Just like real life, we don't notice how much people age until pics of the past are shown.

Well done, Shonda.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:15 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,257,551 times
My wife is the big fan and I sort of tag along. We won't watch it till tonight but I read a review this morning since I don't need the surprise factor.
So a question for more serious fans. Would killing him off been a more dignified end than what they did?

Old 03-06-2020, 08:34 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,231,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
My wife is the big fan and I sort of tag along. We won't watch it till tonight but I read a review this morning since I don't need the surprise factor.
So a question for more serious fans. Would killing him off been a more dignified end than what they did?
Imo, no. This was so much better. I had posted that I thought he was going to be killed off and as you can tell I was so glad for this send off.

IDK what happened with Justin Chambers but I think that was a class act by Shonda to "thank" Justin for playing Alex for 16 years. It also gave me a great sense of happy to "know" Izzie is alive and well and had Alex's twins, is a surgical oncologist and lives on a farm! All is well in my GA world.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:39 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,778,607 times
I completely saw that coming. It’s the only thing that would have him gone. Personally didn’t enjoy the episode, I don’t like recaps of old shows. I only watched it halfway through.

Needless to say I did like the way they tied up his story. I would have been pissed if they killed off another character!

Old 03-06-2020, 09:15 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,362,189 times
I liked that they didn't kill him off, but I felt so bad for Jo. She was abandoned by her mother, and now abandoned by her husband. I hope she and Linc can find some solace together.

With Alex gone, Meredith is the last of the original interns. The new people hold no interest for me. This really feels like a natural end-point to this show, at least to me. As much as I've loved the show over the years, I think it's time to hang it up and move on to other things. I'm sure Shonda could come up with a different medical show if she wanted to tell more of these stories, but it's just not the same with only Meredith (and Bailey and Webber) left.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:18 AM

390 posts, read 380,616 times
Wow.....

I like how they wrapped up his life with Izzy but OMG I feel so bad for Jo...

Old 03-06-2020, 11:14 AM

41,999 posts, read 75,328,187 times
I didn't mind the end to Alex' story. Killing him off would have been a copout. He and Izzy finding their way back to each other makes more sense, even if it seems abrupt. And we've all wondered what Izzy has been doing. Now we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I am hoping for a Linc and Jo romance now.
No, I'm hoping Linc and Amelia can work things out.

Old 03-06-2020, 11:50 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,257,551 times
We will watch tonight. But right now I feel like killing him off in some heroic way would have been better than to have him just disappear leaving his wife to reconnect with a character who hasn't been in the show in 9 or 10 years.
That strikes me as a rather sad end to his character and what it has become.
Maybe I'll think different after we watch.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:14 PM

269 posts, read 481,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
We will watch tonight. But right now I feel like killing him off in some heroic way would have been better than to have him just disappear leaving his wife to reconnect with a character who hasn't been in the show in 9 or 10 years.
That strikes me as a rather sad end to his character and what it has become.
Maybe I'll think different after we watch.
I agree. What a sad, selfish end to a character that had grown so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV