Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2020, 11:29 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
I suspect this may be the last season, too. Watching the preview for next week made me realize that they can't end covid. Just like we can't. Which means an entire season of masks and depressing? Life is already depressing enough, I need tv to be an escape. Sigh.
Ohh, I hadn't thought of that. Ugh. I can't deal with Covid on so many shows for months on end. Or years!

May be time for Gilligan's Island reruns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2020, 11:57 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,260,214 times
I did not enjoy this return. Covid, the yelling... haaate that with a passion. They also upped the sexual innuendo big time this time.

Every other show that returned are with Covid concentration too... Chicago Med, Chicago Fire,, Chicago PD..NUFF

Old 11-14-2020, 05:17 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,496,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
I did not enjoy this return. Covid, the yelling... haaate that with a passion. They also upped the sexual innuendo big time this time.

Every other show that returned are with Covid concentration too... Chicago Med, Chicago Fire,, Chicago PD..NUFF
I too thought that, the scene with Link and Amelia in bed seemed too racy for prime time ABC network. Maybe I'm a prude.

Old 11-15-2020, 06:18 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,251,693 times
Quote:

Too much BS about it too, and if not the Wuhan virus it was about Chinese Americans being blamed or Floyd. Tried to watch the first episode of SWAT, had to turn it off; second was ok.

As for Grey's it was not only about Covid it was the general filming, everything seemed off.

Old 11-16-2020, 05:56 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:

Same here. That's not entertainment, that's a reality show. I turned it off.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:09 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
I did not enjoy this show for same reasons given above.

Old 11-16-2020, 10:03 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Too much BS about it too, and if not the Wuhan virus it was about Chinese Americans being blamed or Floyd. Tried to watch the first episode of SWAT, had to turn it off; second was ok.

As for Grey's it was not only about Covid it was the general filming, everything seemed off.
Agree it was disjointed, no flow at all.

Old 11-16-2020, 10:06 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Ohh, I hadn't thought of that. Ugh. I can't deal with Covid on so many shows for months on end. Or years!

May be time for Gilligan's Island reruns!
I hear you, Gray's and This is Us my two favorite shows, had to hit on the Covid. There is a new show Tuesday, Big Sky, I'll try that out and hopefully no Covid, if so back to TVland, Antenna tv, Me tv etc for reruns of old comedies. The virus is on the news for most of the broadcast and on social media, I need an escape lol

Old 11-16-2020, 10:44 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,357,397 times
While I didn't mind the subject of COVID, I did very much mind the masks (other than the full-face clear one that Mer wore). I want to see the actors' faces when they are speaking or emoting. That's just basic TV. Otherwise all you've got is the tops of people's heads and a radio broadcast.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:35 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
While I didn't mind the subject of COVID, I did very much mind the masks (other than the full-face clear one that Mer wore). I want to see the actors' faces when they are speaking or emoting. That's just basic TV. Otherwise all you've got is the tops of people's heads and a radio broadcast.
Masks is nothing new to Grey's Anatomy, especially since so much happens in the operating room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV