Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 05:19 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
I have a feeling that the guy he's working with (Wade??) is going to make a pass at Will. I think he's going to be one of those "on the down low" types.
Yeah, I saw this coming by a mile.

And it looks like most everything else I wanted might be coming true! Though Markus laying down a platinum album and then bolting seems more than a little far-fetched. And who was the gal who said she is Kasey Musgrave's writing partner. Do we really need yet one more character? No.

I am much more interested in Scarlett, Gunnar, Avery and Will these days than I am in Rayna and Deacon and Luke. And bring back Layla. And once the break is over, Juliette should be back I'm guessing. There were pictures of Hayden Panatierre at her husband's recent fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 11:47 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
Great show last night. I was waiting for that hand up high on wills leg...
Now that we live closer to Nashville, I can't wait to visit..the scenes are beautiful.
Good riddance Markus and Dr. Dumbass.
Maddie needs a good crisis....and I think she'll be all over next seasons story line.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:38 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Great show last night. I was waiting for that hand up high on Will's leg...
Yep. I hope Will will get back with Kevin. I wonder whether Kyle Dean Massey is free.
Quote:
Good riddance Markus and Dr. Dumbass.
Dumbass doesn't bother me much, though I'm glad he's going. I could not stand one moment of Markus, however. May be Nashville's worst storyline ever. Except for this very forced war between Luke and his son. That kid can nurse a grudge.
Quote:
Maddie needs a good crisis....and I think she'll be all over next season's story line.
In about six, seven months, BIG STORY.

Last edited by jay5835; 12-10-2015 at 12:47 PM..

Old 12-10-2015, 03:22 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
The story of Luke owing the IRS 40 million was unrealistic and considerably over the top. The same point could have been made with a considerably lower sum, one which would not have jarred regular viewers into an unwilling suspension of disbelief. Also, the guy who actually was responsible - business manager, or investment manager, I think?- seemed to be brushed off all too lightly, as in "Well, we can't trace him, so we're going after you instead".

It also seems odd that the IRS would allow things to reach such a state before contacting Luke. I once had a tax-mixup - the IRS claimed I owed several thousands, which I did not. But it was a matter of months before they contacted me - by letter, not in person - and my tax lawyer was able to straighten things out. In contrast, the 40 million dollar scenario seemed unrealistic from start to finish, to me.

At least a later line concerned Luke's having reached an agreement about a payment schedule with the IRS, but in such cases, given the "offender's" lack of knowledge of the situation, the large sum owed, and another's involvement isn't it common for the IRS to settle for a good-faith effort to pay a smaller amount?

Glad to see the Scarlett/Gunnar/Will/Avery friendship circle renewed and confirmed. The mutual supportiveness and willingness to call one another on their mistakes are commendable, and it's good to see both the strong bonds depicted and the individuals, while flawed, as maturing, well-intentioned good people.

Where's Layla?? Wouldn't Will either know what's going on with her or express concern if she's gone to ground? A brief exchange of dialogue (Will and any of his three buddies) about Layla would not have been amiss.

Deacon's volatility about Rayna's unwanted kiss from what's-his-name also seemed to indicate that he still has deep-seated doubts and insecurities about her fidelity and devotion. Also, after the couple's exchange of vows at the hospital and previous discussion of marriage, didn't it seem a little odd for the down-on-one-knee proposal to take place? Plus, whatever happened to their original engagement ring? It would have been a nice sentimental touch for Deacon to have incorporated that modest diamond into the new ring. I did like the "everything...nothing" reprise from Season I's bridge scene. At least that, and the setting of the bridge, acknowledged Rayna and Deacon's long, shared history (though how exactly did Deacon know Rayna was on the bridge??)

I do like "Nashville" - a lot - but I'd like it better if the writing - and logic - were better.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Where's Layla?? Wouldn't Will either know what's going on with her or express
concern if she's gone to ground? A brief exchange of dialogue (Will and any of
his three buddies) about Layla would not have been amiss.
A couple of episodes ago Rayna mentioned something in the office about her and that she was off (? I forget) to recover from the stress of Jeff.

Yes, the IRS thing - a little too much.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:35 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,520 times
Didn't Deacon sleep with the blonde that Maddi wants to write with or am I confused?????

Old 12-11-2015, 08:20 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
Oh no!!! Did he????

Old 12-11-2015, 09:23 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The story of Luke owing the IRS 40 million was unrealistic and considerably over the top. The same point could have been made with a considerably lower sum, one which would not have jarred regular viewers into an unwilling suspension of disbelief. Also, the guy who actually was responsible - business manager, or investment manager, I think?- seemed to be brushed off all too lightly, as in "Well, we can't trace him, so we're going after you instead".

It also seems odd that the IRS would allow things to reach such a state before contacting Luke. I once had a tax-mixup - the IRS claimed I owed several thousands, which I did not. But it was a matter of months before they contacted me - by letter, not in person - and my tax lawyer was able to straighten things out. In contrast, the 40 million dollar scenario seemed unrealistic from start to finish, to me.

At least a later line concerned Luke's having reached an agreement about a payment schedule with the IRS, but in such cases, given the "offender's" lack of knowledge of the situation, the large sum owed, and another's involvement isn't it common for the IRS to settle for a good-faith effort to pay a smaller amount?

Glad to see the Scarlett/Gunnar/Will/Avery friendship circle renewed and confirmed. The mutual supportiveness and willingness to call one another on their mistakes are commendable, and it's good to see both the strong bonds depicted and the individuals, while flawed, as maturing, well-intentioned good people.

Where's Layla?? Wouldn't Will either know what's going on with her or express concern if she's gone to ground? A brief exchange of dialogue (Will and any of his three buddies) about Layla would not have been amiss.

Deacon's volatility about Rayna's unwanted kiss from what's-his-name also seemed to indicate that he still has deep-seated doubts and insecurities about her fidelity and devotion. Also, after the couple's exchange of vows at the hospital and previous discussion of marriage, didn't it seem a little odd for the down-on-one-knee proposal to take place? Plus, whatever happened to their original engagement ring? It would have been a nice sentimental touch for Deacon to have incorporated that modest diamond into the new ring. I did like the "everything...nothing" reprise from Season I's bridge scene. At least that, and the setting of the bridge, acknowledged Rayna and Deacon's long, shared history (though how exactly did Deacon know Rayna was on the bridge??)

I do like "Nashville" - a lot - but I'd like it better if the writing - and logic - were better.
I agree with you about the logic. Nashville has never been very realistic about time frames. They have people throwing together a national tour in a couple of days, spontaneous concerts with unrehearsed back up musicians and so forth. Besides the IRS plot, it doesn't make sense that Markus could just walk out on his tour. That contract would have been signed when he agreed to the album. There would have been a promoter and if for some reason the tour was cancelled, there would have been insurance so that Rayna would not have suffered so much financial injury. Performers cannot just walk out on a tour because of a hissy fit without being sued up the wazoo.

I still love the show, but the writing has been on a decline. However, the quality of the music has remained consistently high. My favorite plots were the idea that Juilette was of the new generation trying to usurp Rayna from her status with her teeny bopper following. And even more brilliant was the introduction of Layla who was doing to do Juiliette what she did to Rayna. I wonder how long Connie Britton will be content to work on a show that has become more like a daytime soap. I love the show and hope it continues, but I liked the first couple of years better. I am looking forward to next week's concert episode.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:19 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
I hope they do one of these tonight on Nashville: On the Road 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzL7Zo6p8rM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPTr5FO-ALg

Old 12-17-2015, 06:56 AM

They are all talented but boy can Audrey Peebles sing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV