Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 05:18 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
What would you have done if you were Brenda at the challenge?
Generosity never pays off late in the game. Ever.
Keeping a mental and physical advantage as much as possible is the only thing that counts when it's down to 6 or less.

When family enters, betrayal has already happened a few times, and the survivors get over the resentment pretty fast if they're let down. They are already thinking about themselves primarily by the time family shows up.

The producers have fine tuned the family thing down to a sharp edge, so they make for better TV than earlier, but it's always been the same, no matter when the kinfolk show up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Cochran wins this one.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:46 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,538,792 times
Quote:
In the secret scenes Cochran talks about his mom in one of them it was touching.
Yes, but did he name the tribe after her? Malcolm did so.

Dawn did close down her Twitter account. She claimed she didn't want her kids reading all the Hate. Going to guess there was some. Imagine that, idiots learned to type. There is a line that shouldn't be crossed, it is a game after all and some folks are taking it a wee bit too seriously.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:08 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,475,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Yes, but did he name the tribe after her? Malcolm did so.

Dawn did close down her Twitter account. She claimed she didn't want her kids reading all the Hate. Going to guess there was some. Imagine that, idiots learned to type. There is a line that shouldn't be crossed, it is a game after all and some folks are taking it a wee bit too seriously.
Yes, it's a game I agree, but when someone behaves badly on national televison in this day and age they are pretty darn naive if they don't expect something like this to happen. I think this woman is in some serious denial as to her behavior and how it is percieved by others.

I really feel sorry for her family though. They will be the innocent victims in this whole thing. I wish for their sake that people wouldn't be posting these things. She really should have thought of this before she did what she did. Shutting down her Twitter account is not going to solve her problem.

It's just a game, true, and others have done some pretty nasty things but she did so much more than just nasty. She crossed a line that even the meanest player never crossed. I think what really got to the viewers was the smirk on her face as Brenda was leaving TC. That was the last straw. Parvatti and Jud (Fabio) pointed that out in the interview. It was there for all to see. Really bad move on Dawn's part.

I predict that on Sunday's finale, she will be all contrite and beg Brenda's forgiveness and the fake tears will flow which will make people dislike her even more because of all the tears she has already shed.

Brenda stated in her interview with Parvatti that she doesn't want to speak to Dawn but will have to at the finale. I think she will be civil and forgive her but as she said in the interview, she won't forget. She probably won't say that to Dawn though.

At this point, Dawn better hope she doesn't get to the final three, the jury will rake her over the coals. But I don't think there is a chance of that. I think it will be Cochran, Eddie and Erik.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:58 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,239,791 times
Quote:
In the secret scenes Cochran talks about his mom in one of them it was touching.
I was impressed that Cochran knew his Mother's age, lol. I mean, how many kids keep up with that unless he just threw out a number but I actually think he's detailed enough to know and remember that.

Happy Mother's Day Weekend everyone.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 PM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
Cochran is highly educated, extremely smart and has a memory like no other. I read somewhere where he can recite all the details of every Survivor show from it's beginnings and that's why Probst calls him the ultimate Survivor Fan. So remembering his mother's name is probably an easy thing for him to do.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,807,792 times
I've always rooted for the underdog.
Picked the runt of the litter.
Cochran for the win.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,864,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson;29509094
[B
JonasW[/b] I thought Dawn just said she was so mad she could spit I didn't think she meant spit on anybody. I could be wrong though.

Sunday will be very interesting and I can't wait to see this.
Oh okay. That's a bit better though spitting isn't an awesome image. Sunday should be pretty darned good! It's been an interesting season that's for sure. Got a little ho-hum in the middle but the start and finish have been great.

It's sad people get so mean in 'real life', I'm talking about people slamming Dawn on twitter. Sure she played Brenda badly but it's a game. Plus she didn't do anything to anyone in the twitter-sphere, so that's simply silly. It must be pretty bad if she had to close her account.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:25 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,203,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Thank you~ yes indeed Happy Mother's day all you Survivor fans.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,218,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Quote:
Thank you~ yes indeed Happy Mother's day all you Survivor fans.
Thank you both. I send my well wishes to all moms also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV