Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 08:49 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,485,769 times

Advertisements

This was the sort of ending I was expecting since it is just half of the book. It is setting us up for season 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 PM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
This was the sort of ending I was expecting since it is just half of the book. It is setting us up for season 4.
Me too. I did not expect anything dramatic like last week. I can't wait until season 4 and I wish GRRM would get book 6 out sooner than later!

Old 06-09-2013, 09:17 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Me too. I did not expect anything dramatic like last week. I can't wait until season 4 and I wish GRRM would get book 6 out sooner than later!
HBO needs to make Books 5 & 6 into major motion pictures. I bet they would
make a killing at the box offices - especially if they do it in IMAX.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:05 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,917 times
OK did anyone else find themselves saying "Wait. That was it?" After the season finale? I know I did. But it's set up season 4:

1. Stannis turning his attention from King's landing to the North

2. Jamie's back in King's Landing

3. The return of Aria's assassin friend

4. Bran going north of the wall

5. Jon's return to the Night's Watch

6. Theon's rescue from that guy that seems even more sadistic that Joffrey

It is safe to say that Jon and Ygritte are officially over? Kinda looks that way after 3 arrows

Old 06-09-2013, 11:51 PM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
A very satisfying wrap-up as far as I'm concerned, and I got several of my wishes! Tyrion stood up to Tywin, somewhat; the dragons flew; and Jon and Sam were reunited at Castle Black. And we were spared another death of a favorite character...If you'll remember, Season 2 ended on a similar note: Episode 9 was the Blackwater battle, and Episode 10 was the wrap-up.

I found the dialogue between Tyrion and Tywin revealing and fascinating. Here you have Tywin in a nutshell: Individual family members are mere pawns, but his sole purpose is to keep the family line going, and the family name alive. That's of course so ironic, because what's a family without its members?

Indeed, the episode was 5-6 minutes longer; I think that was already mentioned in the beginning of the season.

One more visit to the GOT Facebook spoof website in a few days, and then I'll bid Tyrion, Jon, Sansa, Danerys and the rest adieu until the start of Season 4! Thanks for a great conversation these past few months, guys. It's been a lot of fun. See ya elsewhere on C-D, and have a great summer!

Old 06-10-2013, 08:34 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Dany impressed all the people she liberated. She is now their Mommy...

Old 06-10-2013, 09:40 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,756,808 times
All I thought was "that's a lot of mouths to feed". They are going to look to her to care for them...that is a huge job.

I don't get the "dragons flying" comments...this isn't the first time we've seen them fly. There is a scene where she is on a ship with her knight next to her and one of the dragons comes flying by the camera to her...and that was awhile ago.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:38 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
All I thought was "that's a lot of mouths to feed". They are going to look to her to care for them...that is a huge job.

I don't get the "dragons flying" comments...this isn't the first time we've seen them fly. There is a scene where she is on a ship with her knight next to her and one of the dragons comes flying by the camera to her...and that was awhile ago.
I just wanted to see them fly again! And the "mouths to feed"--that was my thought, too, and

Spoiler
in vol.4 reality sets in, and it becomes an issue...

One image that has stayed with me since last night is the shadowy emergence of Robb's body with poor Grey Wind's head attached to his shoulders. OMG, what a dreadful image, and seeing the horror reflected in Arya's eyes, that was a scene to be recorded in The Most Haunting Scenes in Television History...

Very gratifying: Bran explaining why the gods punished the man who served his guest's son up for dinner. Not because of the murder and the dinner, but because he violated the rules of hospitality...a direct comment on Frey, so now we know he is cursed (as if we didn't already).

Old 06-10-2013, 10:52 AM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
They alluded to the wolf's head and Robb's body in the book as rumored.

No one has mentioned Theon, the scene of his father opening the box containing Theon's favorite "toy" wasn't in the book, nor was his sister going to rescue him. The thought is that he's already dead.

Also, Ramsay's wedding gift to Catelyn was some of Theon's skin.
Spoiler
Walder
Frey pays a heavier price for his betrayal than he
expects. And it
spreads to the Lannisters.

Someone mentioned Theon's dying. Don't hold your breath, he becomes a major
player later.

Dead King count:
1 down, 2 to go. Who will they be.

One nice thing, Oberyn Martell finally appears.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:08 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Haven't seen Theon's sister's rage yet, but if she latches on to Ramsey, lookout, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV