Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,363,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
True. Nicole was in the Pussycat Dolls. Big difference.
Lol that makes more sense! This is our first season watching the show. I didn't know until reading another post that she had been on the show. I had no idea who they were talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 12:52 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,720,668 times
I read there is a 10 year age difference between Zendaya and Val.

Why are so many saying Val is 30 or older?

Didn't he just turn 27?

One of the Docs I work with is 80 and his wife of 23 years is 60 and they are very happy... like kids together... they both had lost a spouse to cancer and connected through it.

DWTS sure has had a lot of much older women dancing with very young pros...

Zendaya has a mother and father... a father that has been in studio for every rehearsal... just how much do you think can go on with her father there...

Besides... she is 16 and I know several women that married at 16... even if it was 60 years ago.

Several of my older female co-workers have said they sure hope Zendaya doesn't win... they are all huge DWTS fans...

I asked why and was told she is too young to win??? It would spoil her???

Can't we just say Zendaya did a good job... grew from her experience and leave it at that?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:08 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,278,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
My oldest daughter has three daughters, ages 13, 11 and 9 and they love Zendaya, but my daughter wouldn't let them watch DWTS because she thought it was inappropriate for them to see Zendaya dancing provacatively with a 30 year old man. My daughter lets the kids watch "Shake It Up", but drew the line at DWTS. They have been able to watch DWTS in other seasons because their althlete idols are adults dancing with adults; like Shawn Johnson, Sabrina Bryan, Nicole Sherzinger, Kristi Yamaguchi, Apolo Ono, etc. So, maybe not all parents are letting their kids watch DWTS and the Disney Darlings might not draw in as many tweens and teens as we think.

What I don't get is, who do Cloris Leachman, Buzz Aldrin, Florence Henderson and other "seniors" draw in? Definitely not me, and I have an AARP card...
Good for your daugher. I would hope most parents would do the same. The clip from the routine shown is a steller example of why it wasn't appropriate. I noticed the outfit in her last dance seemed to have lots of padding at the top to make it look less... inappropriate? If she was my sixteen year old daughter, she wouldn't be spending multiple hours in close contact with a 30 year old man. It's just wrong. I'm not saying Val questionable, but it is just not something which should happen, given the heavy sexual nature of many of the dances.

I'd feel the same if it was my sixteen year old son and a 30 year old woman.

Maybe people ought to write ABC and let them know that they do not feel it was appropriate and that it should not happen again.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:28 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,736,008 times
Honestly, in this case I am not sure anyone can write ABC considering her own parents were in the audience for every show. Its not really ABC's fault if her parents approve

Old 05-23-2013, 02:53 PM

4,348 posts, read 4,727,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Why are so many saying Val is 30 or older?

Didn't he just turn 27?
Val was born March 24, 1986, so yes, 27.

In answer to your first question - Because people are stupid?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:59 PM

977 posts, read 1,110,565 times
I am glad Kellie won. I felt a little sorry for Zendaya as the waiting was going on.....wonder if it's harder for her because she's only 16? I really enjoyed watching her dance! I watch DWTS because I love dance, so it makes sense that I enjoy watching the better dancers. I don't like watching the poor performers who are guided or dragged around by their pros....I suppose it's good to watch them improve, although some never do! Then some make up for poor skills by having a great personality or entertainment factor....like Andy and Ingo.
I think the right ones were in the finals. Honestly, I did think Allie should have been in the final 3 rather than Jacoby, but just my opinion. All were good. I enjoyed this season except for J.L.(?) and Winonna....neither seemed to want to be there and both were somewhat poor sports about it, in my opinion. That said, there is no way I'd ever be able to commit to weeks of intensive exercise/dance routines like these stars did, so I must give them all a great deal of credit for showing up! I'm always sorry to see the season end.
I'm not worried about the format changing, but do wonder how it will go if the judges and pros change. Sounds like the saga of American Idol.....start messing around with what works and pretty soon there's not much left.
I love to come on here to read your posts and share the season with you all. Thanks a lot!

Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,278,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Honestly, in this case I am not sure anyone can write ABC considering her own parents were in the audience for every show. Its not really ABC's fault if her parents approve
But it was their choice to include her this it is ultimately their choice she's there at all. I think her *parents* should have had better judgement and this makes me think little of them too.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
But it was their choice to include her this it is ultimately their choice she's there at all. I think her *parents* should have had better judgement and this makes me think little of them too.
Honestly why do you think you're even qualified to make that judgment? She might be 16 but from the way she conducted herself on the show she seemed to be very mature for her age. Her parents know better than you do what she is and is not capable of doing.

It seems like you just dislike Zendaya and are finding excuses to complain about her.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:27 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,736,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Agree to disagree here too.

I think people are trying to make it worse than it is I find it personally insulting. I am over 40 and a guy and myself my wife and my 11yr old daughter watched it together and we had no issue with it yet people are even making ME feel creepy for enjoying it.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Agree to disagree here too.

I think people are trying to make it worse than it is I find it personally insulting. I am over 40 and a guy and myself my wife and my 11yr old daughter watched it together and we had no issue with it yet people are even making ME feel creepy for enjoying it.
Yep! Shawn Johnson was 17 when she competed... I wonder if these people have the same complaints about her. Zendaya isn't even the first minor to compete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV