Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,223,710 times

Advertisements

nada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 11:28 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,022,191 times
I hope that they changed the intro music, I guess that's what really made me dislike the orginal.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:52 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,545,203 times
Watched the first five minutes. Typical cop show stuff with the superior fussing at the rougue cp right up until the point that the cop is proven right and everything is OK after that. Until next time.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:01 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,510,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Watched the first five minutes. Typical cop show stuff with the superior fussing at the rougue cp right up until the point that the cop is proven right and everything is OK after that. Until next time.
Hey! You could have used a spoiler alert!

Old 10-04-2013, 01:29 AM

4,066 posts, read 5,652,602 times
I just don't get it. Doing this a remake of Ironside makes no sense! Why didn't they put together a new-and-original guy-in-a-wheelchair show? And seriously, why is the trend toward playing really loud songs so you can't really concentrate on the show and can't hear the dialogue? It had some good moments, but all in all I couldn't really care about the main character enough. I kept thinking "not Ironside"...not that I really liked the original show either.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:13 AM

313 posts, read 402,307 times
I never watched the original, but I did love Raymond Burr a lot as Perry Mason. I watched this remake, and it was just ok. Nothing special. Typical cop show. Yawn. I'll give it another shot but frankly I wish they had kept Prime Suspect and not bothered w/ this one.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:37 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,605,158 times
Memorable Entertainment (ME network) airs the original Ironside
weekdays 11am.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:43 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,853,512 times
Given my original sentiment, I even surprised myself by tuning in. I thought it was pretty good. I'd read co-stars mentioning that it was "very different" from the original, especially in that NewIronside's personal life is expounded upon, something omitted back in the 60s/70s. Also, they ditched the opening (who could forget that music and Burr falling in silhouette?) for one that doesn't repeat the original shooting.

Another change mentioned in the media was that NewIronside doesn't need an assistant (I remember Don Galloway and a blonde woman as regulars), but I don't recall Burr's character needing that much assistance. As I remember, he got around fine and independently, and rammed into more than a few perps with his wheelchair.

Anyway, I liked the star (can't remember his name), and will probably watch again. That's a big change for me, because I'm not into the current crop of dramas and situation comedies, and haven't been for some time.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:08 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,116,362 times
well i just got through watching it and im not impressed with it at all. I usually dont like cop dramas either and would rather watch something like downton abbey or etc ...this one did not strike me as good . sorry probably wont watch it again .

Old 10-04-2013, 01:27 PM

313 posts, read 402,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Memorable Entertainment (ME network) airs the original Ironside
weekdays 11am.
Thanks for this. I'll keep an eye out. Right now I have DISH and don't see ME listed there, but I'm looking to change to Direct/Cable, so hopefully I can catch the original. Always loved Burr.

In this new one, Underwood did a decent job but he doesn't have the screen presence of Burr, IMO. Of his side kicks, the only memorable one for me was Pablo Schreiber who I remember from The Wire.

Wonder why they had to resurrect the Ironside character. All it's going to do is bring up comparison w/ the original. Reminds me of Dragnet remake w/ Ed O'Neill, which was a decent show but people like my hubby kept comparing it to the original and saying it didn't measure up. I quite liked that one, but no surprise it too was cancelled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV