Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 11:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times

Advertisements

Spoiler

so happy Dom won!!!! She's so very talented and seems genuinely nice. I could
not be happier!!!!

Justin's designs were divine!!! I would love to have several of his
outfits.

Alexandria's was nice. Some chic pieces.

Braden's was just a disaster-start to finish. Too bad too because he can and did do better all season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 03:44 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Alexander was one of the decoy designers. I found this pic of him with one of his creations.
Saw Helen's line too---it was fugly!!!!

Attachment 119607

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 12-24-2014 at 10:05 PM..

Old 10-18-2013, 04:57 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
The runway shows were not that impressive, though I liked a few pieces from each designer. I loved Bradens silk charmeuse multicolor fabric but I only liked the dress made entirely out of that fabric. The rest he ruined it by pairing it with shiny cheap looking fabric.

Not really a fan of Dom. IMO the prints were garish and her plastic cape looked like a shower curtain draped over a dress.

Zac Posen, as usual was his snarky self when it came to Alexendria. "Let me see how good her construction is since she bragged about it". "oh.....it is well made". Not surprised Alexandria didn't win. Zack and Nina haven't liked her look all season.

It will be interesting to watch the reunion show next week.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
<sigh>

Heidi to Janey, Contestant A: Why do you deserve to win Project Runway?

Janey: Well, I was raised by wolves the first 10 years of my life and they didn't teach sewing so I think I deserve to win.

Heidi to Joey, Contestant B: Why do you deserve to win Project Runway?

Joey: I spent the last 5 years of my life teaching inmates on death row how to sew when I was in prison for embezzling money and Murderin' Mike the Masher and Shazaam the Slicer are counting on me to show the world that embezzlers and killers are people, too <sniff>, and can be somebody...if, you know, they could only get paroled. Mike and Shazaam, love you guys! Doin' it all for you! Keep sewing! <blows kisses to the camera>

Heidi to Juniper, Contestant C: Why do you deserve to win Project Runway?

Juniper: Like when I was surfing, a shark bit off 3 of my fingers and I learned to design and sew with my toes because, like I can't go surfing anymore, so like I had to do something with my life, right? I incorporated the blood and waves in my designs because like that's who I am as a person...and you know, I'm only 22 and like these other guys are at least 28 so I think I know what young people want more than anyone else here on the stage.

Heidi to Joon, Contestant D: Why do you deserve to win Project Runway?

Joon: Because my stuff TODAY is better than their stuff today.

Zac: Well, that isn't enough.

Nina: I don't like you.

Guest Judge: Oh golly, I'd wear everyone's designs. You guys are just the greatest designers in the whole world!

(Note to moderator: I made this up so don't suspend me for copyright stuff.)

Old 10-18-2013, 06:08 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Tim Gunn made the decision to not allow designers to work as long as they wanted to. His thought was it would be a contest of endurance rather than skill.

Have to say I was impressed with all the collections, not sure I liked the collection.
Okay, this is what happens writing half asleep! I meant to say I wasn't all that impressed with all the collections. They were very drab, hard to pick a winner.

Dom's I agree looked like cheap plastic capes. I figured she would win, because the judges loved her all season. But overall it was meh.

Laura C--excellent 'recap' of why they should win reps!

Old 10-18-2013, 07:10 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times
This season was better than last season for sure!

I was not wow'ed by any of the collections. I figured Dom would win because the judges liked her so much all season. Was not really impressed by most of her collection though.

I thought for a little while that Justin would win. He had too much white and SHORT dresses, I thought we were going to see too much of some of those models!

Bradon was a big disappointment. The gold lame was just too much on some of those designs. Tacky!

I thought for a while that Alexandria was going to win too. I actually did like a lot of her designs maybe because I like casual wear myself. Her woe to me speech was a too much though. The other designers worked just as hard as her and I'm sure gave up things like she did to be on the show. No sympathy for her here.

I can't wait to see the reunion show!

Old 10-18-2013, 12:55 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
I happened to love Braden's gold-lame pants. Those were seriously hot!!!

I liked this finale better than last year's. And I am happy Dom won. I think she has talent and its neat to see a young person living out their dreams. I hope she goes on to have a successful career- she seems like a good-hearted person.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:25 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,096 times
I think the right one won. Look, I didn't understand putting the plastic shower curtains on some of her models either - but then I'm no fashion designer. Alexandria sort of made me anxious watching her. She was too neurotic. I will say one thing about her though - as much as I say that Dom was the RIGHT one to win; there is no doubt in my mind that Alexandria's collection is far more sellable in the "ready-to-wear" market. She would make a KILLING on those trousers and vests if someone would back her. I wouldn't want to be the one working with her - but it could make decent money.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
Alexandria's stuff looked better on the runway. But she reminded me too much of Gretchen and maybe the judges thought the same. Dom's collection was very fashion forward and cohesive, and she's got a pleasant personality, so I was happy for her. I particularly liked her unconventional dress.

I have a soft spot for Bradon, but he didn't show anything that hasn't been done before. Hopefully he will keep refining his designs and come back for an All-Stars show. And Justin too (as long as he recognizes that we all know he's deaf by now! )

It was nice to see Dmitry there...I love him!

Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,528,298 times
My favorite clothing was from Alexandria. It was real-life wearable. I didn't like Dom's prints, but maybe my reaction would be different if I understood anything about fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV