Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 11:21 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,194,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
CBS should just start prime time at 8pm during football season and have a 3 hour lineup instead of 4 hours. Most games end around 7:30 EST right? So have a half hour of post game highlights of the day and start prime time at 8pm.
I live on the west coast so it doesn't affect me, but I can understand how it is frustrating to the viewers. However, CBS doesn't seem to care. I guess they don't get enough complaints to make them bother changing it.

Marie: oh I hate eating gross things...so I am going to go on a reality show where people have to eat gross things sometimes.
Think BIG advertising bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 10:51 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,579,481 times
It's only the East Coast that gets screwed. I know that FOX and CBS have a deal that they alternate weeks of double headers. Technically, CBS should only have one late game every other week, but you have to also figure in your home team which might play in an afternoon when a national isn't scheduled. Moving prime time to 8:00 p.m. won't work for the majority of the country as the Mountain and most of the Central time zones have a 7:00 - 10:00 prime time with news at 10:00. I think it's only the coasts that have the 8:00 - 11:00 primetime. The other option would be to start the games earlier on Sunday, but, in Hawaii, the morning game is already at 8:00 a.m. and the afternoon game is at 11:00 a.m. How much earlier can it start? The logical option would be to put TAR on at 8:00 and The Good Wife on at 7:00. But, then you run into "family hour" restrictions. The last option would be to move it to Thursday where POI used to be....

Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,214,643 times
TAR IS on at 8 p.m. here on the East Coast. That's why it starts late so often. 60 Minutes is what screws everything up, being on at 7 but they will never move that show. We just need to adapt our DVR's. I even set the DVR to record the local 11 o'clock news sometimes so I can catch "The Mentalist" which is the last show in that bloc of shows.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:17 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,674,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
It's only the East Coast that gets screwed. I know that FOX and CBS have a deal that they alternate weeks of double headers. Technically, CBS should only have one late game every other week, but you have to also figure in your home team which might play in an afternoon when a national isn't scheduled.
Not even just that because as far as I know the latest CBS late game has to end before they'll put the next show (60 Min) on in Eastern time. Double header or no, they will cut the national feed to the end of whatever game is running past 7pm, and it seems like on some double header weeks they just go ahead and schedule 60 Min as 7:30.

Keep in mind the Eastern and Central schedules are the same if you ignore the time zones (with Central at one hour earlier their time) which means even if it's not every late game, it's at least every late game that is relevant to Eastern and Central time zones that has to end. The network feed is the same for Eastern and Central, a centralized feed at the same time. Which in this day and age is pretty stupid for recorded shows, but that's still what they do (to my knowledge).

Old 12-07-2013, 11:58 PM

9,774 posts, read 7,487,391 times
So, onto the series finale, the 2 leg, 2 hour episode. I'm gonna make some predictions, and on Monday morning, when these turn out horribly, you can laugh at me

So, for the first leg we have Jason & Amy, the ER DR's, The Afghanimals, and Pinky & no brain. The Afghanimals have the speed bump to complete in the first hour. I think the ER Docs and Jason & Amy are 2 of the 3 teams in the final; the last spot comes down to between: A) What the 2 detour tasks are B) What the road block is and C) What and how time consuming the speed bump is. The Afghanimals seem to get flustered rather easily, so if the detour are both time consuming/challenging they could be in big trouble. Also, I believe Maria has to do the roadblock since Tim has done 6 already, and if it's eating bugs or boiling/cooking something again?? See Yah! I'll say pinky & no brain get through to the final.

For the final leg I'll take: ER Doc's #1, Pinky & no brain #2, Jason & Amy #3.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 AM

9,774 posts, read 7,487,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Kim DeJesus is supposed to be ridiculously hot. Hope her & Nicky Getz stick around for a while.

I'm thinking a final 3 of Jason & Amy, Tim & Marie and Chester & Ephraim with the ex-NFL players (Chester Pitts and Ephraim Salaam) winning.

WOW, not bad going on no known knowledge a month before the first episode aired. Chester & Ephraim turned out to be dumb picks (especially them winning), but Jason & Amy and Tim & Marie are 2 of the final 4 left.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:39 AM

I feel like the best teams were eliminated, and I'm not excited about any of those left. I've never liked the ER Docs or Pinky and No Brain; I like Jason and Amy, but not so much for helping the ER Doc. Which leaves the Afghanimals. This has been the first season in which I haven't liked any of the final teams. Same with Survivor. I don't like any of them, either. What was with CBS casting on those shows this year?

Old 12-08-2013, 05:47 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,019,788 times
Quote:
I feel like the best teams were eliminated, and I'm not excited about any of those left. I've never liked the ER Docs or Pinky and No Brain; I like Jason and Amy, but not so much for helping the ER Doc. Which leaves the Afghanimals. This has been the first season in which I haven't liked any of the final teams. Same with Survivor. I don't like any of them, either. What was with CBS casting on those shows this year?
You forgot Big Brother.
No clear favorite for me as well, only as long as, Pinky and Hubby doesn't win. Cann't see how they would be able to fall into position to win though. Do they still have their Express Pass?

Old 12-08-2013, 07:09 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,194,428 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
You forgot Big Brother.
No clear favorite for me as well, only as long as, Pinky and Hubby doesn't win. Cann't see how they would be able to fall into position to win though. Do they still have their Express Pass?
I am glad it'snot just me. I have not seen anyone I really support on any of the shows lately.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:06 AM

For MST Residents: The Amazing Race shouldn't be a problem unless you're in Denver (or Tennessee). For the rest of the MST, no afternoon game....so we'll get 5:00 news, 5:30 CBS News, 60 Minutes, TAR Finale....

Football today in Tucson is:

FOX: 11:00 a.m. Lions-Eagles
2:00 p.m. Rams - Cardinals (home team)

CBS: 11:00 a.m. Colts - Bengals
2:00 p.m. Skiing -- Deer Valley Celebrity Ski fest

For me: NFL Sunday Ticket Directv:
11:00 a.m. Chiefs - Redskins (Go Redskins)
2:00 p.m. Broncos - Titans (Broncos are MY home team even though I don't live there....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV