Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 10:40 AM

861 posts, read 1,148,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
I would have put 15 eggs in the basket. Then I would have had 3 for testing to make sure they were solid all the way through.
That was my thought also. Then I figured since no one tried that, there must have been some rule in place that we weren't told about that said they couldn't test the eggs. If not, they are all idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 01:19 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,898 times
I was just in AWE when pinky said she does not know how to boil an egg!! My freaking 10 yr old niece boils eggs as a matter of fact does a mean omelette WTH!!! That was just sooo funny to me wait but not funnier than her BF actually making fun of her with all the faces and hand gestures LMAO! WOW.. I think its going to be between the afghan and jason n amy.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:26 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,085,648 times
I also found it interesting that the Road Block stated that Marie must perform the task. I understand that she probably hadn't reached the quota on roadblocks up to that point, but I also think it could have been due to the fact that the producers probably knew she wasn't an adept cook and having her do the challenge would make for good television.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:24 AM

9,147 posts, read 14,778,942 times
Usually, when they have gotten down to the point where the tasks are unbalanced, they say that. Its been done multiple times before. If they were selecting that for one person, they would be running afoul of the three letter agency rules for TV competition and game shows.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:15 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,493,391 times
I am pretty sure they did not allow the contestants to test the eggs or they would have all done that. It defeats the whole purpose of the challenge if they can do that. The whole point of it was that they had to guesstimate how long it would take and go back if they were wrong.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,214,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I am pretty sure they did not allow the contestants to test the eggs or they would have all done that. It defeats the whole purpose of the challenge if they can do that. The whole point of it was that they had to guesstimate how long it would take and go back if they were wrong.
Ya think? DUH. SMH at what some posters like to think they could do.

Absolutely correct, broken.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 PM

9,774 posts, read 7,487,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Someone sure has led a sheltered life if they didn't know how to boil eggs.
The boys got lucky, non elimination race. They may end up being the winners.
2 hour finale next weekend, hope the football games are over early.
FOX has the national game. Unless you live in Tennessee/the Denver area and have the 4:05 Titans/Broncos CBS game, everyone else in the country as the 1 PM CBS game so it will start on time for 98% of the country, the 2% of those in Titans markets, since it should start on time in the Mountain time zone anyways.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,153,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I also found it interesting that the Road Block stated that Marie must perform the task. I understand that she probably hadn't reached the quota on roadblocks up to that point, but I also think it could have been due to the fact that the producers probably knew she wasn't an adept cook and having her do the challenge would make for good television.
No probably about it. Tim had already done 6 roadblocks and she'd only done 4.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,383,835 times
CBS should just start prime time at 8pm during football season and have a 3 hour lineup instead of 4 hours. Most games end around 7:30 EST right? So have a half hour of post game highlights of the day and start prime time at 8pm.
I live on the west coast so it doesn't affect me, but I can understand how it is frustrating to the viewers. However, CBS doesn't seem to care. I guess they don't get enough complaints to make them bother changing it.

Marie: oh I hate eating gross things...so I am going to go on a reality show where people have to eat gross things sometimes.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:01 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
FOX has the national game. Unless you live in Tennessee/the Denver area and have the 4:05 Titans/Broncos CBS game, everyone else in the country as the 1 PM CBS game so it will start on time for 98% of the country, the 2% of those in Titans markets, since it should start on time in the Mountain time zone anyways.
For people with Directv Sunday Ticket and want to watch the Broncos/Titans game~~it will start at 4:05 EST; 3:05 CST; 2:05 MST; 1:05 PST and 10:05 a.m. HST. As usual, it's only the EST that gets screwed.

I'm glad I'm in the PDT during daylight time and the MST during standard time !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV