Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The second Queenie and Delphine showed up intact with just a wave of the hand to explain what happened to them, I knew I'd just be hatewatching the rest of the season. Ridiculous writing.

I still love the show, but I agree with you that they should have explained their recovery in much more detail. The show is very detailed in other ways, but they did just gloss over how Delphine and Queenie recovered.

Delphine, we know, can't die. But she was dismembered. Kyle was sewn together from various pieces, and he had big seams showing and spent several months grunting like Frankenstein. They could have taken a few seconds to explain how Queenie sewed Delphine back together and avoided those problems. Even if they said something as lame as "it's a well known voodoo rule that immortal people can be sewn back together and be totally fine" I'd have been satisfied.

Now Queenie, shot herself in the mouth, but did it as a part of her "human voodoo doll" power, to kill Hank. Hank's head blew apart, Queenie should be fine. But they had to throw in something about the bullet being a silver bullet, which according to the "rules" in this universe, should have killed Queenie, a witch. she commented that she might be the Supreme because of that, but if she ends up not being the Supreme, it's a nasty loose end that won't get tied up.

I wonder if they had included more explanation of these two resurrections, but it got chopped in editing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 AM

Wouldn't it be great if in the finale, they brought in Diana Ross as the Supreme!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:36 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times
I'd call this episode Benadryl, Blood and poop soup. Ick! Sorry, but that really grossed me out.

Yes, the writing has not been the best for much of this season. It's been all over the place. Wish that they had elaborated more on how Queenie and Delphine got put back together. Magic Biotch was not an explanation for me.

And why did Queenie come back to the Coven? And was so nasty to Delia? Queenie left on her own it wasn't Delia's fault.

It's disturbing when a live newborn baby is probably safer with a ghost butler instead of anyone else in the house.

I guess Delphine didn't learn anything by watching Roots, she tortured and murdered another servant.

I felt let down by the Witch Hunting clan storyline. If it was so easy to wipe them out in Two minutes by an ax murdering ghost why didn't they do it sooner?

Delia blinding herself to me was unnecessary, she's lost control of her academy and the student witches unless something significant happens with her in the next two episodes.

I still like this show and look forward to the next two episodes. At this point I am not expecting anything to really make a lot of sense.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:40 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post

I felt let down by the Witch Hunting clan storyline. If it was so easy to wipe them out in Two minutes by an ax murdering ghost why didn't they do it sooner?
Plus, why did the two most powerful witches in the general area need an axe-murdering ghost to take these guys out in the first place? For a show about witches, it doesn't use magic very well.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:44 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Plus, why did the two most powerful witches in the general area need an axe-murdering ghost to take these guys out in the first place? For a show about witches, it doesn't use magic very well.
I agree. Plus how did such a powerful witch as Marie allow herself to get knocked down and fall down the steps? She should have used magic to stop her fall.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:46 AM

Marie fell down because she had swallowed the Benadryl. she might be immortal, but she said she was allergic to Benadryl. So she can still get the physical effects of a severe allergy; she just won't die from it.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:56 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
This episode was over the top gory … didn't like it.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:15 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
So now we know sort of why Delphine does what she does, boredom. Unbelieveable that she did it to another man again. This episode was way to gory for me though. I admit, as a grown man, my hands were covering my eyes on some of those parts. Guilty.

The Kyle and Zoe storyline, yawn.

Love that freaking instrument Myrtle keeps playing. Just love her.

Cordelia is a mess, but what she did was horrific. Lets see if her other "site" comes back, it would really suck if it didn't.

Spaulding helping Delphine, he tells her she cannot die, but can be locked up. Now she has the "lightbulb" moment and has same idea as what happened to her. Buried in a box. Somehow we all want Delphine to get what she so deserves, she really is a horrible woman. She is so behind the times as to think "benadryl" is a potion, that really was clever

No Misty, no one even seemed to care.

Ax man at the board meeting, loved it. I didn't see that coming, I didn't really know he was the waiter. As a clerical worker that has always been my fantasy in the board room......I digress, sorry......it's an office thing. But it sort of didn't make sense, they killed the company, then killed the board of directors, then left.....Couldn't they have just put a spell on them and not made such a mess, or did they like drama.....that wasn't so clear.

I think Fiona made a deal with him to leave the ax, and this was perhaps his last hurrax!, werent they to have a life in the country or something?

I agree with the others, they didn't really give a better explanation of Queenie coming back with a "complete" Delphine, they should have at least complained about something.....I also didn't see why Queenie was so mean to Cordelia, after all, it was Queenie who chose to leave the coven.

Marie falling down the stairs, guessing she was a bit woozy from the benadryl and alcohol, then Spaulding clunking her over the head........I don't remember Marie saying she was allergic to benadryl though.

I enjoyed the episode, saw it on "demand" but Cabelvision here in Brooklyn sucks, and a lot of it was a bit distorted so that ruined my coven experience for the night, and to make matters worse, the fire dept came down the block, in the middle of the episode and stopped in front of our building and were trying to get into the old lady's house across the street, sirens, flashing lights, firemen all over, glass breaking.......they climbed up her fire escape broke her window she was in the bathroom, they had to take her to the hospital, then her sister came running down the block, please............
we got the scoop, we are friends with the tenant that lives underneath her.....you couldn't make this crap up........................................

Old 01-16-2014, 10:01 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
This episode was over the top gory … didn't like it.
Yep, I agree.
Gore and gross out seems to be filler.
Writers get lazy and have someone chopped,slashed or gouged

Old 01-17-2014, 02:09 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
I think Marie said that it wasn't ''magic' it was an antihistamine and that the only thing she was 'allergic' to was Delphine.
As to all of the gore - sometimes it pays to be blind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV