Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 08:45 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,394,485 times

Advertisements

I just saw a commercial for this show for the first time the other day and tried to find the beginning on Netflix. Was it only called American Horror Story in season 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 08:48 PM

7,381 posts, read 5,495,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I just saw a commercial for this show for the first time the other day and tried to find the beginning on Netflix. Was it only called American Horror Story in season 1?
I think so. Season two was American Horror Story: Asylum. Season three was American Horror Story: Coven

Old 01-30-2014, 08:53 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,684,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I was also very disappointed about what they did to Misty. I wish that it were reversed--that Madison had gotten stuck in hell, and Misty had died, maybe during the testing (then she could always be brought back later). Misty did nothing to deserve an eternity in hell, reliving her life's worst moment over and over. That injustice really sucked. They were all warned that the risk of going through the 7 Wonders testing could be death, but not an eternity in hell. If I were her lawyer, I'd fight her damnation on the basis of no informed consent. I was hoping that whoever became Supreme would descend down to hell to rescue Misty; that would've been cool.
I am guessing, maybe from my many years of Catholic school, that playing with witchcraft and dark sources (visiting hell), are automatic reasons why one would go to hell. Maybe that is why Misty was dealt that fate. But, yes, I didn't enjoy this outcome for her. I would have even liked her character to have been more prominent.

But, the actress playing Madison, did a FANTASTIC job of playing one of the most evil characters I have ever SEEN on TV!

Old 01-31-2014, 04:32 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,769,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Hahaha, I loved this too!

But all in all, I was a bit disappointed in the finale. I also want to rewatch this weekend, but I have questions!
I wish it would have been Misty Day. She was my favorite witch. Every one of the other ones were self loathing. Misty owned her powers. She would have been a great supreme.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:03 AM

10,199 posts, read 11,183,342 times
The season started out good - then starting dipping down. I was not impressed with the finale.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:32 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,926,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
In season One they just called it American Horror Story. I guess they didn't yet know it would be successful and go into more seasons. As of season two, when they had American Horror Story: Asylum, they started calling season one "American Horror Story: Murder House."

Old 01-31-2014, 09:00 AM

36,613 posts, read 30,945,456 times
[quote=TracySam;33256021]

Quote:
--How or why did Zoe end up getting impaled on the fence? They were playing
teleportation-tag, and all of a sudden, she's impaled. Was it accidental? Or
did Fiona do it? The reasons I was thinking of Fiona is because we later
learned she was still alive and wanted to kill each of the girls off, and in the
previous episode (maybe the one before?) Cordelia had a vision when she touched
Fiona of each of the girls dead around the house, at Fiona's hand I suppose, and
I'm pretty sure someone was impaled on the fence like that.
I think it was just an inherent danger in teleportation. Cordelia was warning the girls that it wasn't a game but they ignored her warnings and were careless with their powers. Perhaps it took more skill to teleport to the exact spot you intended.

Quote:
--Fiona ended up in her own personal hell, but we learned before that she didn't
have a soul. So if she had no soul, how could her soul end up in hell? Maybe
she grew a soul in those last few minutes, connecting with Cordelia?
My take was that when she made the promise to the ax man to live with him in the cabin that he owned her soul from that point. I could be wrong because I cant remember if that happened before or after the devil declared she didn't have one.

Quote:
--Fiona's hell seems to be the Ax Man's heaven. He wanted to spend eternity
with Fiona, and the fishing cabin was his ideal place, etc. But he was, ya
know, an ax murderer. So you'd think he'd go to hell and not be rewarded.
I was thinking he was a sort of demon.

Quote:
--I also got a little lost in the testing of the 7 wonders. It seemed like once
Cordelia entered the contest, they stopped testing the others? Who knows, maybe
Queenie could have done the divination? Maybe once they revived Zoe, she could
have performed divination too.
Queenie couldn't preform the resurgence by bring Zoe back. Madison couldn't preform the divination. When something was mentioned about reviving Zoe, Cordelia stated they must follow protocol and continue. I think by then It was obvious Cordelia was the supreme or perhaps Zoe failed transmulation by impaling herself and dying.

Quote:
--They made it sound like if you take the 7 wonders test, and you fail, you'll
die. But then when Madison failed divination, they just said "you get to go
home to Hollywood" or something like that. Then she stormed out to go pack. I
was under the impression that when you take the test, you rise as Supreme, or
you die. Either/or. If you can just take the test, and fail, and then go about
your business, then heck, what's the big risk? As long as the one you fail isn't
that getting-stuck-in-hell thing of course.
I understood it as you might die if you fail a wonder like Misty and Zoe did. Some were dangerous and some were not.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:04 AM

29,759 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
The season started out good - then starting dipping down. I was not impressed with the finale.
Like I said in the thread someone made about the finale, this episode would have been great halfway through the season. The writers could have tightened up the witches vs. voodoo conflict and the band of witch hunters could have actually been developed into a threat. What was disappointing is that this season offered to be a look into female empowerment, but it just devolved into scenery chewing and catfights.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:34 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,926,599 times
I wouldn't say Zoe failed teleporting or whatever they called it. She accomplished it, and did it really well. She just had an accident during the course of doing it. But she's already proven that she has that power. Once they revived her, it would have made sense to test her to see if she had the other powers.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:41 AM

29,759 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I wouldn't say Zoe failed teleporting or whatever they called it.
They called it "transmutation," which would actually be turning something into something else. What they were doing was teleporting, like you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV