Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 02:38 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times

Advertisements

I really could care less if she adopted or had a surrogate. My dad was adopted and I have one friend that had to have a surrogate to have kids. Doesn't bother me at all. Another close friend that went thru fertility and everything that has reached out and been a great support to others. I knew Lynn was joking when she said it and I know that sometimes the editing gets chopped up to make some expressions appear like a reaction to something when in fact they are not. Just thought it was odd, that's all. Nothin more. I mean thinking about it now that it has been brought out (didn't even think about this but...) ............ if she is a Christian and she did have trouble conceiving and had to adopt or have a surrogate she COULD use this chance to be a good spokesperson for those that do have to go that route if they want children. Just sayin....... what a great chance and opportunity she has to be a POSITIVE spokesperson for those families and women. A lot of times women and their spouses don't have anyone to relate to during that time of finding out they can't have kids or their own and then the entire adoption process. She could SO use this as a pedestal to be a light on that area for everyone. Actually, it would make her a lot more likeable to a lot of women and could get more to turn in to this show if that was the case and she took the right path with it. This is all IF and that is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE "IF" it happens to be the case. My friend that had to go thru a lot of fertility treatments and all before finally having a child is one that has been a true angel to others in the same situation. She is always saying she just happens to be in the right place at the right time to be near someone that she doesn't even know that is going thru it. She has really taken an active stand in being someone that other women in that position can count on to understand them. She even started a group to help others going thru it.

Then again, she could have awesome genes that let her keep the body after having 3 kids that quick and the drive to workout non stop.

Last edited by momof2dfw; 11-24-2009 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 02:48 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Look at Heidi Klum, it can be done esp. if someone has naturally thin genes. I think it would be wonderful if one of those women, or any women on TV had adopted and chose to talk about their experiences. I am in health care and I see the pain of infertility, it's hard for people to talk about and people going through often feel alone. It was not a good joke esp. if the person was not 100% certain that that was not the case, no one should ever be forced into talking about personal decisions like that.

I really don't think women are using surrogates to keep their bodies, it's a huge ordeal.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:46 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
And, Heidi has no visible stretch marks and 6 weeks after having a baby can be in a bikini for all the world to see. I hate her and Alexis too. They have GREAT bodies, no wonder Tamara is jealous.

BTW, can't believe at Tamra's age she admittedly has jealousy issues with another woman. Especially, since she has no idea about what Alexis' life is really like.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:04 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
BTW, can't believe at Tamra's age she admittedly has jealousy issues with another woman. Especially, since she has no idea about what Alexis' life is really like.
Ummm...it's Tamra you're referring to right She has nothing else better to do

Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
George, yes I was referring to Tamra. She needs to get a job and worry about the house she is about to loose instead of sizing up other women. You are right though, she probably has nothing else better to do.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I think a big problem with these shows is that the 'stars' think it IS their job.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:04 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,870 times
I'm sure Alexis was taken aback from Lynne's rude question. In addition to having good genes, there are all kinds of ways to stay in shape during/after pregnancy....like not 'eating for two', excercise and a safe diet during pregnancy, not to mention the old standby- plastic surgery.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I'm sure Alexis was taken aback from Lynne's rude question. In addition to having good genes, there are all kinds of ways to stay in shape during/after pregnancy....like not 'eating for two', excercise and a safe diet during pregnancy, not to mention the old standby- plastic surgery.

Lynne could have phrased her "compliment" more like,"wow you look awesome for someone who had twins"..............

Old 11-27-2009, 07:32 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Lynne could have phrased her "compliment" more like,"wow you look awesome for someone who had twins"..............
Lynne is a dim bulb. I don't think she meant anything by it, and yes...editing is editing, but at the same time, Bravo edits things in a certain way for a reason.

Maybe Alexis and Jim had a night nurse (no need to interrupt the marriage/marriage bed/Jim's sleep with two screaming infants every night) and hired two nannies to take care of the 3 kids 2 seconds after the twins were born. All so Alexis could be the "traditional mom" and get to the gym every day to work off any baby weight Jim didn't approve of. OR it could be that Bravo knows something that we don't and that something will eventually come out in the dirty wash. Or it could be nothing.

We'll have to watch and see!

Old 11-27-2009, 08:32 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times
Did the show come on last night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV