Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 08:47 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,628 times

Advertisements

The worst season ever in terms of designs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
Overall, I liked the designs better than the LA season (worst season ever, IMO) or the season w/Kenley. I think people tend to forget there were some really crappy and/or uninspiring designers in every season. I've been rewatching S1 and Wendy Pepper's stuff was just...not good. It's just really sad when someone like her or Gretchen makes it to Bryant Park & someone like Austin or Michael C. doesn't.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Overall, I liked the designs better than the LA season (worst season ever, IMO) or the season w/Kenley. I think people tend to forget there were some really crappy and/or uninspiring designers in every season. I've been rewatching S1 and Wendy Pepper's stuff was just...not good. It's just really sad when someone like her or Gretchen makes it to Bryant Park & someone like Austin or Michael C. doesn't.
I've never missed a season and I know there were lots of uninspiring designers on them all. But not a season where ALL of them were. Until now.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:14 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
What do you think I did, design and sew a nearly identical top, put it on a mannequin, take a picture of it, merge it with Andy's design and then upload it here?

Here you go. Scroll down.

I'm not sure why it matters that the tails appear thinner (it very well could be because his fabric is lighter weight, so they hang thinner than a stiffer cotton would). It's the same freaking design. Aside from color, it doesn't get any more identical than that.
Oh my gosh....now some of THOSE designs were just bazaar! Gotta love the skirt and dress that look like someone sewed a bucket in the front! Guess the design would be handy if you needed a diaper bag or were hunting Easter eggs.

Truthfully, I tend to agree with you. Even if the fabric or length of the tails were longer, it is still the same design. This would be okay if it were a sewing contest.....but it is a design contest. Copying any look from someone else isn't acceptable. I think it is totally possible in looking for a softer design (as per the judges) that Andy had to look elsewhere outside of his own gut since he generally designs that Matrix looking stuff.

Like you, I wonder if the judges are/were aware.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Oh my gosh....now some of THOSE designs were just bazaar! Gotta love the skirt and dress that look like someone sewed a bucket in the front! Guess the design would be handy if you needed a diaper bag or were hunting Easter eggs.

Truthfully, I tend to agree with you. Even if the fabric or length of the tails were longer, it is still the same design. This would be okay if it were a sewing contest.....but it is a design contest. Copying any look from someone else isn't acceptable. I think it is totally possible in looking for a softer design (as per the judges) that Andy had to look elsewhere outside of his own gut since he generally designs that Matrix looking stuff.

Like you, I wonder if the judges are/were aware.
I clicked on that site and scrolled down and I don't see what you guys are talking about

Old 10-24-2010, 03:29 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I clicked on that site and scrolled down and I don't see what you guys are talking about
Down under the main design for sale.
Down under the dress with the little box designs on it.
Scroll down 4 rows.
The blouse on the right. (Linen - white)

Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
I think Michael should have been in the F3 also. I also couldn't stand Mondo's work either. I was bawling more than Michael. That was so sad. His parents must criticize him a lot!

Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Gotta admit I had NO idea he was gay. Knock me over with a feather. I am dead serious!
Really? You gotta be joking, right? He pinged my gaydar off the radar from the first. In fact, I was surprised to find out he had been married and had a kid.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:15 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I think Michael should have been in the F3 also. I also couldn't stand Mondo's work either. I was bawling more than Michael. That was so sad. His parents must criticize him a lot!
Get's his side on...

Dude, Mondo's black and white poke dot dress slammed! And his skirt with the blue top and the same black and white dots accenting the sleeve was just as good as any separate that has gone down PR's runway.

But I also agree that Michael C should have sent Andy or Gretchen packing.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Get's his side on...

Dude, Mondo's black and white poke dot dress slammed! And his skirt with the blue top and the same black and white dots accenting the sleeve was just as good as any separate that has gone down PR's runway.

But I also agree that Michael C should have sent Andy or Gretchen packing.
Mondo's black and white polka dot dress was ok, kinda TOO busy and looked almost impossible to walk in. I was surprised the judges didn't mention that. Oh but wait--Mondo is their pet project so.........
The blue top and the skirt were cute but NOT anything new. omg we have seen that look forever. That was THE problem this season--people could sew, fine, good but no one really created anything new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV