Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 04:52 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,549,134 times

Advertisements

Spoiler
So, I saw the latest episode just now. So Brian's dead?

Why was that done? Is the guy who plays the voice leaving the show? That episode was quite strange (even for Seth McFarlane).

Kinda surprised no one has mentioned it yet here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 05:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Seth does the voice of this character so your logic is flawed.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:34 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Seth MacFarlane had commented that he'd like the show to end. It's been on for 11 seasons and he feels that is too long. Maybe he can't end the series, because of his contract, but the network can cancel it if the ratings drop too far. So maybe he did that to get the ratings to drop.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Seth MacFarlane had commented that he'd like the show to end. It's been on for 11 seasons and he feels that is too long. Maybe he can't end the series, because of his contract, but the network can cancel it if the ratings drop too far. So maybe he did that to get the ratings to drop.
A self-sabotage? That's a stretch. There are at least two episodes in the future that include Brian in the plot that have been discussed, so I honestly have no clue where they are going. It has not been nearly as good as it once was.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,549,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Seth does the voice of this character so your logic is flawed.
Thank You for the insight. I didn't know he was the voice of Brian. Somehow I thought he was Peter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
A self-sabotage? That's a stretch. There are at least two episodes in the future that include Brian in the plot that have been discussed, so I honestly have no clue where they are going. It has not been nearly as good as it once was.
I agree, it's been probably 2 seasons beyond where it was actually truly great. It's good and something to watch but not the slap your knee kind of funny.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:59 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,902,478 times
I haven't thought it was good ever since it came back on the air. American Dad is far better, IMO.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:23 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Thank You for the insight. I didn't know he was the voice of Brian. Somehow I thought he was Peter.
He is also the voice of Peter. And Stewie. And Quagmire. And Tom Tucker and about a zillion other characters on the show.

Some of the episodes are so mean spirited, cruel or dark that I lost interest in watching it. I think the bank vault episode was the one that ended my love for the show.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:32 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Not really. He has a lot of other things that he wants to do .. remake the Flintstones, make more movies (including Family Guy movies), bring Star Trek back to tv (good luck with getting them to let him do that one, lol), etc. He said that he'll keep doing Family Guy episodes as long as the ratings are up, but he's hoping the ratings will drop so he can end it ... sounds like self-sabotage to me.

Who knows if they will bring Brian back, even if it's just for an episode or two. They already have a new dog (Viinny) and a new voice for Vinny (Tony Sirico) lined up to replace Brian.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Not really. He has a lot of other things that he wants to do .. remake the Flintstones, make more movies (including Family Guy movies), bring Star Trek back to tv (good luck with getting them to let him do that one, lol), etc. He said that he'll keep doing Family Guy episodes as long as the ratings are up, but he's hoping the ratings will drop so he can end it ... sounds like self-sabotage to me.

Who knows if they will bring Brian back, even if it's just for an episode or two. They already have a new dog (Viinny) and a new voice for Vinny (Tony Sirico) lined up to replace Brian.
He also has American Dad and Cleveland Show as well to write. Oh and remember the movie Ted? That got greenlit to ave a sequel done for it.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:08 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Maybe he took Brian as far as he could. Tough to stay fresh after a decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV