Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,282,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
On a lighter note, the HP GoT Facebook spoof of Episode 3 has been posted!

Game Of Thrones Facebook Recap Season 4 Episode 3 | Happy Place

Some of those "recaps" are pure genius...And they've got a new special word! Dare we use it here? Referring to a certain scene, seen from below and behind..."Underd**k"! Cracked me up...

Let's just say the episode broke several barriers...
The eye cookies thing is hilarious. They really did look like those prefab cookies you get in the refrigerator aisle during the holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 11:26 PM

37,646 posts, read 46,061,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Getting back to the rape scene. I really didn't like it...for a lot of reasons. For one thing, Jamie was supposed to be somewhat rehabilitated. For another, the book version is very clear that Cersei chooses to have sex with him next to their son's dead body, she does not get raped. But in the show it seemed clear to me that she resisted until it was no use. But guess what? The director and the co-writer can't agree on what happened! Great episode-postmortem and analysis here: What the rape scene on last night’s ‘Game of Thrones’ means for the show
But according to David Benioff, the co-writer,
Hmmm...I wonder how the actors felt? Was it supposed to be consensual, or wasn't it? We know they're both kinky, but I really don't think of Jaime as a rapist--on the other hand, the writer thinks he is! I think an insert of Cersei's face would have been helpful. Instead we got a close-up of her clutching, what? Joffrey's cape? Doesn't look consensual to me...I think I have to unfriend Jaime...
This was completely different than the book. There was no rape in the book. The directors took a lot of creative license here.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:54 PM

45,457 posts, read 60,680,465 times
5 Hilarious Career Lessons from Game of Thrones

Career lessons.

Warning there's at least one partial spoiler, maybe.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:54 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,672,707 times
Jaime was reasserting his power, since Cersi has basically had a "what I say, goes" attitude which has gone unchecked basically since Jamie left...from her co-signing everything her evil son did as king, to her relationship with Jamie, to her wanting her younger brother dead (evidence or not)...was probably too much for Jaime to bear. Rape is probably the most unsettling of all the crimes we see on the show (as it probably should be), but Cersi is the least deserving of sympathy, next to Jeoffrey. I feel more sorry for the poor farmer who the Hound robbed, and will probably be dead within a year as a result.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:30 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,996,050 times
I DVR'ed it and finally watched it before reading spoilers and HONESTLY I didn't see it as a rape scene.

Cersei kept saying "no, it's not right" and "no" and I took that to mean while they were next to Joffery's body in the Sept.

Their ENTIRE relationship is "not right" so sex with Jamie has been right for her. So I 100% took it to mean at that moment and because she's not into him not being perfect. I think had he came to her in her room for comfort she would have had sex with him.

But that scene? Uh, who has sex near a dead body? Necrophiliacs wanting to dabble before getting to the final show? Maybe.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:37 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,624,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This was completely different than the book. There was no rape in the book. The directors took a lot of creative license here.
I think they were trying to be ambiguous. Unfortunately, ambiguity when it comes to rape is not great when you seem to have your character in the middle of a redemption arc, when the audience is supposed to like him - or at least think he is one of the 'good' guys.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:11 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,323,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
i still do not get how Khaleesi feeds all those people. 8K unsullied, 2k brothers of arms, 200k slaves, 20+ dothraki crew, etc. She needs to settle somewhere and establish her rule. Her advisers are idiots.
She doesn't. She doesn't rule. She doesn't govern. She just doesn't. She is so busy doing she doesn't.

Mired up in one situation after another. None of which is getting her any closer to retaking her homeland throne.

Last edited by theoldnorthstate; 04-23-2014 at 08:20 PM..

Old 04-24-2014, 05:46 PM

45,457 posts, read 60,680,465 times
An interactive map:

Interactive Game of Thrones Map with Spoilers Control

Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,550,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

That is cool! Thanks.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,777,818 times
Question...

Is there a lot of overlap between GOT and Lord of the Rings fans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV