Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 07:06 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,563,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
What drives me bonkers about the SVU marathons is that they are not in chronological order..
I was at in-laws this past weekend, hiding upstairs watching an NHL game. In another room, they were watching an SVU marathon.
During commercials, intermissions, I would head downstairs and watch a few minutes of SVU.
One episode featured an obnoxious stand-up comic (played by Jonathan Silverman), making light of date-rape, another episode featured a tyrannical football player, who roughed up his wife (I guess patterned after Ray Rice). And the other minute I caught was an episode about a sadistic serial killer, chopping up women, & dumping 'em in rivers.

In fairness, I only saw pieces, but it seems like never-ending demonization of men (like the Lifetime network on steroids). Sad to me, that the writers seem locked in on a paradigm of evil men, and women as full-time victims. Guess it has some appeal, show's been running for years. I think it's twisted..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 07:09 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
What drives me bonkers about the SVU marathons is that they are not in chronological order. Would that be asking too much. I'll sit down to watch and see one from 2007 then one from 2011 and then one from 2005. Nuts. I finally had to stop TIVOing them cause I got back uped with 72 episodes.

My favorites are the old ones with Jerry - oh shoot forgot his name- Orbach? I loved him. And the dandy fine dressing one who has also died..they were my favorite.
It's on hulu from season 1. Netflix from season 4.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I'm do glad to see Alana del la Garza get another acting gig the one with gary sinese they hunt and find kidnaped victims over seas and all over the world . I liked her in law and order with the one who played the da under McCoy .

Old 03-07-2017, 05:19 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It's on hulu from season 1. Netflix from season 4.
Netflix starts at season 14.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Netflix starts at season 14.
Thanks for the correction.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:06 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Thanks for the correction.
I only knew because Netflix add it and pulls it constantly. I'd love to watch all 400 eps but can never seem to catch it at the right time.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:44 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Series creator Dick Wolf named his two lead detectives after his son, Elliot, and his daughter, Olivia; Olivia's mother (now deceased in the series), is named Serena.

Emmy-award winning producer Dick Wolf, 60, creator of the Law and Order franchise, is a new father following the birth of his daughter, Zoe Amelia, on Friday, September 21. Dick has three children, Olivia, Serena and Elliot, from his previous marriage to Christine Marburg.

Obviously, three of his characters from SVU are named after three of his children.

There are two characters which are never the same characters, however have the same names, Clayton and Denise. Who are these anonymous characters named after from Dick Wolf's life?

Old 03-07-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I only knew because Netflix add it and pulls it constantly. I'd love to watch all 400 eps but can never seem to catch it at the right time.
I meant that sincerely. After I posted I wondered is that right? Well, I got it party right. There is a 4 in 14

I am glad hulu has it from season 1 because I didn't watch back then and I love Dean Winters ever since Oz. He is one of my celebrity boyfriends!

Old 03-09-2017, 12:57 AM

736 posts, read 456,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I was at in-laws this past weekend, hiding upstairs watching an NHL game. In another room, they were watching an SVU marathon.
During commercials, intermissions, I would head downstairs and watch a few minutes of SVU.
One episode featured an obnoxious stand-up comic (played by Jonathan Silverman), making light of date-rape, another episode featured a tyrannical football player, who roughed up his wife (I guess patterned after Ray Rice). And the other minute I caught was an episode about a sadistic serial killer, chopping up women, & dumping 'em in rivers.

In fairness, I only saw pieces, but it seems like never-ending demonization of men (like the Lifetime network on steroids). Sad to me, that the writers seem locked in on a paradigm of evil men, and women as full-time victims. Guess it has some appeal, show's been running for years. I think it's twisted..
Nope, they have had plenty of episodes with female perp's.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:06 PM

Seems like it's hardly ever on. ? The current season, I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV