Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 12:50 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Also, I think Daryl dropping his Treating Survivors of Child Abuse book in front of Carol was more heavy-handed than the cookie in the opening scene of the mid-season finale. We get that Daryl was abused, and we know he learned to be self-sufficient from being abandoned (as he explained to Andrea in the woods), so what was the point of him dropping the book exactly? To remind us that he's a wounded soul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 01:11 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I like Daryl, but I don't think there's anything wrong with saying he's not as complex as Jaime.
OK Even though, I never said it was wrong, just not a reasonable comparison, but, have fun doing so. I be over there talking about TWD from here on in.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:47 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
OK Even though, I never said it was wrong, just not a reasonable comparison, but, have fun doing so. I be over there talking about TWD from here on in.
Wise idea. Some people just continually to complain or go off topic.....about a fictional show about a fictional apocalypse.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:26 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
I too love the show and haven't missed an episode but there are just too many characters now muddying the waters. I loved the early episodes that seemed leaner and less crowded with extraneous characters who add little to the show and now it's looks like we're going to have even more with a new set of bad guys. There are about a half dozen characters I give a crap about, the rest could be killed off any time and no one would care. I think the show needs a reboot to get back to its roots.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
I too love the show and haven't missed an episode but there are just too many characters now muddying the waters. I loved the early episodes that seemed leaner and less crowded with extraneous characters who add little to the show and now it's looks like we're going to have even more with a new set of bad guys. There are about a half dozen characters I give a crap about, the rest could be killed off any time and no one would care. I think the show needs a reboot to get back to its roots.
That's why I say get rid of the Alexandrians. However, now this is just my thought, I wonder if the reason why this large group has been brought on & more time spent on them than our core group is to provide other people & story lines because some of our core group is going to get offed. You know, they need people to replace the core group. I really hope not & I hope these people just disappear but that's my take on it.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:13 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That's why I say get rid of the Alexandrians. However, now this is just my thought, I wonder if the reason why this large group has been brought on & more time spent on them than our core group is to provide other people & story lines because some of our core group is going to get offed. You know, they need people to replace the core group. I really hope not & I hope these people just disappear but that's my take on it.
Even the core group is pretty big with Tara, Eugene, Abraham, Rosita, Gabriel and Morgan. Even if a third of the group is offed, we'd still have enough characters to follows.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Even the core group is pretty big with Tara, Eugene, Abraham, Rosita, Gabriel and Morgan. Even if a third of the group is offed, we'd still have enough characters to follows.
You know, I still don't consider those guys the core group. To be honest, I wouldn't be upset if any of them were killed off. Well, except for Morgan, I just have a soft spot for him I guess. I know I know, they've been on for more than a season but to me, the core group, the group that I care about, is Daryl, Rick, Carol, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne....am I missing someone? Oh, I guess Carl, if I have to.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:35 PM

2,322 posts, read 923,484 times
Quote:

I found this funny for some reason (lack of coffee, perhaps?) and couldn't help thinking of Chuck Cunningham of Happy Days. He was the eldest in the Cunningham clan in season 1 and then he was gone. I vaguely remember something about him in college, but everything that I've come across state that no reason for his absence was given. Maybe the writers hoped we'd just forget about him.

Anyway, I agree. If some happened to disappear, I wouldn't be upset at all.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:39 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
That had occurred to me and has been one of my worries, one of reasons I'm hoping maybe even it might go the opposite way like when I mentioned maybe trading the guy from the wolf pack as being the one meeting his fate at the hands of Negan and Lucile instead of one of Ricks crew if anyone has to.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:19 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Ok so some things:

Sam started hiding after the Wolves came. Remember, before that he went to see Carol a few times? Also, Rick & Co only just got to Alexandria a couple weeks ago before all this went down. And yes, this half of the season has taken place within the span of about two days.

Why should it be Carol's responsibility to deal with Sam? He's a little douchebag. Maybe if his mother wasn't such a stupid a-hole, didn't stay married to an abusive monster, didn't subject her kids to that for years, and then, like two days after Porchdick killed Reg and got killed, started jumping on Rick's D train instead of looking after her kids' wellbeing... Well, maybe then Sam wouldn't be so messed up. Carol wants nothing to do with the brat. Who can blame her? He sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV