Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 03:18 AM

2,322 posts, read 923,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
Thanks winrunner! Such a long wait but Greys Anatomy returns that week also so I guess it's the norm now
You're most welcome. It is a long wait but I have to admit that the lack of a compelling(?) cliff hanger is making the wait easier. Sure, there are some questions that need answering, but had Glenn fallen off the dumpster in the mid-season finale, it would've made the wait a little more difficult. This weak finale may explain why some people were expecting a new episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 09:26 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
Thanks winrunner! Such a long wait but Greys Anatomy returns that week also so I guess it's the norm now
Yeah, most of the shows I watch don't come back until mid February or even the beginning of March. I guess I would rather have the break rather then having random weeks of repeats throughout the year. At least this way I know when it will be on, and won't be disappointed when I tune in only to find two weeks of repeats. But then three months between episodes is such a long time!

I guess its time to restart my Netflix subscription and find some new shows to watch on there.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:50 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah, most of the shows I watch don't come back until mid February or even the beginning of March. I guess I would rather have the break rather then having random weeks of repeats throughout the year. At least this way I know when it will be on, and won't be disappointed when I tune in only to find two weeks of repeats. But then three months between episodes is such a long time!

I guess its time to restart my Netflix subscription and find some new shows to watch on there.
I think it was done quite often in the past - the networks at the November sweeps, and then aired mostly reruns in December and January because of the holidays and then the NFL playoffs/Super Bowl. However, it was never something they talked about - they wanted people to tune in every week just in case there was a new episode.

Somebody in TV marketing was finally smart enough in recent years to actually call the last episode after the November sweeps the "mid season finale" and then the "mid season premiere" again in a few months and you can charge advertisers more and promote the midseason finale and midseason premiere and get more ratings. (Season 2 of TWD was the first time I remember it happening, but I don't know if that was the reality out of all broadcast/cable TV)

Old 12-08-2015, 09:59 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
My wife used to be an avid viewer every Sunday but lost interest with all the breaks in between. It was the one show we were both excited to watch every week and now its just me watching it.

Usually the mid season finales are pretty good but this one seemed like any other episode. I think that the mid season finale should have ended with the tower falling on the fence and all the walkers starting to pour in. That would have left a much better cliffhanger I think. After all, isn't a good cliffhanger the reason many return to watch it?

Old 12-08-2015, 11:05 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I think it was done quite often in the past - the networks at the November sweeps, and then aired mostly reruns in December and January because of the holidays and then the NFL playoffs/Super Bowl. However, it was never something they talked about - they wanted people to tune in every week just in case there was a new episode.

Somebody in TV marketing was finally smart enough in recent years to actually call the last episode after the November sweeps the "mid season finale" and then the "mid season premiere" again in a few months and you can charge advertisers more and promote the midseason finale and midseason premiere and get more ratings. (Season 2 of TWD was the first time I remember it happening, but I don't know if that was the reality out of all broadcast/cable TV)
If you buy the seasons individually, they also charge you twice. Once for part one and once for part two. $$$

Old 12-09-2015, 12:06 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xSukCnrHA
Attached Thumbnails
The Walking Dead II-twd-daryls-walker-stalker.jpg   The Walking Dead II-twd-daryls-biter.jpg  

Old 12-09-2015, 12:16 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times
pretty funny - I saw he posted a picture of himself in a shirt that said "Don't Bite Me" on it on Instagram or Twitter. He seems to have taken it well.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:40 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
A lot of Reedus's fans are batcrap crazy. When Laurie Holden was on the show, there was a rumor that they were dating and she actually got death threats. By all reports he's a hell of a nice guy, so it sucks that this chick took it so far. Ugh. Biznitches be crazy.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:17 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
If they follow the book when the season picks back up, the opening few minutes will be horrifically epic. I cannot wait.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:27 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Fox tv started from the beginning again with the first episode, I forgot just how great this show truly was in the beginning. I got to hear Glenn calling Rick a dumb A all over, it was so surreal. Even though, I've re-watched episodes a dozen times, I somehow had missed the repeats of this, so when you all were talking about it, I really couldn't recall the moment and thought, it was sweet. Now I'm going to have to turn on my netflix account to re-watch those early episodes again without commercial interruptions, maybe that will hold me over just a bit till the show returns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV