Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 03:52 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
See, now I have thought all along that if it were me, I would want to be someplace that freezes during the winter. Those zombies have to lose body parts to frostbite. Walkers without arms and legs will be less of a threat come springtime.
Problem with that is winter is tough on live humans too.

Quote:
He told her he had fallen in love with her, right before he opened the door for the "dog" and the walkers streamed in.
I don't think that is quite what he said, but it was definitely opening the door to some possible intimacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I don't want to see any more of the characters "get together." I just don't understand why people keep trying to pair this one up with that one, or say that this one needs a girlfriend, etc.

We already have the one love story with Maggie and Glenn; isn't that enough? I love that the show has so much going on that you don't need to add in love triangles, sexual tension, or hooking up to try to make it "interesting."

And frankly, if I were in the world of the Walking Dead, the LAST thing on my mind would be hooking up. I mean, no one bathes or brushes their teeth, not to mention that survival needs to be your first priority.
I think needs and biology would over come old reservations about hygiene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 03:52 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah, Gabriel held the door while Michonne and Carl (and Judith) got out under the floor. Then he lets go and starts running and the walkers piled in behind him. Then he got lucky when the first walker about to get him fell head first on the machete he had left behind.

I think the show is trying to tell us that there is a God and he is looking after Gabriel. At the end when Morgan leaves his offering at the altar he prays, but then laughs too as if he is still struggling at the absurdity of praying in a world gone to Hell.
Somebody has to be looking out for Gabriel, as he was alone and had never harmed a walker. I don't believe in "God", but immediately thought this was implied.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I don't want to see any more of the characters "get together." I just don't understand why people keep trying to pair this one up with that one, or say that this one needs a girlfriend, etc.

We already have the one love story with Maggie and Glenn; isn't that enough? I love that the show has so much going on that you don't need to add in love triangles, sexual tension, or hooking up to try to make it "interesting."

And frankly, if I were in the world of the Walking Dead, the LAST thing on my mind would be hooking up. I mean, no one bathes or brushes their teeth, not to mention that survival needs to be your first priority.
Oh, come on. You're at risk of dying every minute and you're not going to be thinking about sex? Of course people would be thinking about sex.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Problem with that is winter is tough on live humans too.
Sure. But, I would take tough winter over tough every day of the year.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:03 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,126,017 times
Quote:
Oh, come on. You're at risk of dying every minute and you're not going to be thinking about sex? Of course people would be thinking about sex.
Not to mention once you find a safe place and hole up there is nothing to do.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:04 PM

Here's a funny. While visiting with my nearly 83 year old mother recently, we had the following conversation:

Her: "Chris got some old zombie movies from the library and we watched them."
Me: "You did? Really?"
Her: "Yes. They were kind of gross, but I liked them. There was a policeman looking for his family."
Me: Incredulous "The Walking Dead? You watched The Walking Dead? And you liked it?"
Her: "Yes, that's what it was."

I could not believe my ears. I guess TWD really does appeal to a large audience.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Sure. But, I would take tough winter over tough every day of the year.
It will be interesting to see if the spin off show explores some aspect of this. These guys can't find a usable vehicle and make it three miles down the road without it doing a somersault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
Not to mention once you find a safe place and hole up there is nothing to do.
Exactly. I remember talking about this. I probably don't see how Glenn and Maggie could do it in the drug store, or perhaps MAYBE Andrea and Shane in the Hyundai - but as soon as they got behind closed doors in that prison, all of them would be like jackrabbits IMO.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
They left that one hanging out there, didn't they? Beth's taking seemed to have been by design--first sending the one-eyed dog to the door and then later a horde of walkers. I thought she had been abducted by some type of religious cult. But the best story they could come up with was a bunch of cops and doctors hunkered down in a hospital way over in Atlanta. What were they even doing out there so far away from the city? Were they preying on people they could capture and hook up to an IV? If so, why? That makes no sense. And then after seeing what happened to Carol, and then hearing Dawn's explanation about her group, it seems out of character for them to go hunting down "victims" to bring back to the hospital. We'll never get an explanation for any of this.

I also don't understand what Dawn meant when she said they "found" Beth. She was with Daryl, escaped the house full of walkers, and then a few minutes later we see a black station wagon with a cross speed away. Did the black station wagon hit Beth too? There's really no plausible explanation as to how Beth ended up in the hospital.

To be honest, the whole hospital thing was a bit pointless. Yeah, we were introduced to Noah, and yeah, we we got to see what happened to Beth (the writers didn't have to write her abduction into the show, though), but the hospital didn't push the story forward at all. It was filler. And uninteresting filler at that.
I wondered about all of this too. The only thing I can think of is Beth is young and pretty. Some of those cops were raping that Joan girl. Perhaps Beth appealed?

I hadn't thought they had arranged the dog and the herd of walkers, but you're right, that makes more sense than them just happening to show up at that exact moment. And they had to have run out and grabbed Beth, because it happened so fast. I can't believe she would have willingly gotten into the car with strangers and left Darryl behind.

I don't understand why they would cart injured people into the hospital, only to decide they weren't worth the resources and let them die. It took resources to go hunt for them, didn't it?

Old 12-04-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Also, a head shot seems utterly unrealistic from that angle. If you look at the freeze frame, Beth has an entry wound on her forehead, which could not have been possible from a shot coming from underneath.
Maybe someone behind Dawn shot Beth?

Old 12-04-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I wondered about all of this too. The only thing I can think of is Beth is young and pretty. Some of those cops were raping that Joan girl. Perhaps Beth appealed?

I hadn't thought they had arranged the dog and the herd of walkers, but you're right, that makes more sense than them just happening to show up at that exact moment. And they had to have run out and grabbed Beth, because it happened so fast. I can't believe she would have willingly gotten into the car with strangers and left Darryl behind.

I don't understand why they would cart injured people into the hospital, only to decide they weren't worth the resources and let them die. It took resources to go hunt for them, didn't it?
Exactly. Why doesn't Beth remember being abducted? Why does she entertain/believe/accept the notion that Dawn gives her in that she was "saved" by the cops? They would have had to have taken her away from Daryl kicking and screaming but instead she "wakes up" in the hospital.

Quote:
Maybe someone behind Dawn shot Beth?
No. Everyone saw it happen. Daryl shot Dawn because Dawn shot Beth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV