Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2016, 09:02 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times

Advertisements

that was a great episode - very intense with a lot of great action, but also some nice character moments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 09:21 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
DAMN!! This episode was BONKERS!! Happy to see Ron get wacked, but dammit Sam why did you have to go and get Jessie killed?!?!!?!

Seriously I was hoping she would stay for a while and become a significant character but nope, they had to go and kill her off. And as much as people joke about this show killing off black people, they are just as bad if not worse in killing off all the hottties. I can't count how many times I've seen a hottie on the show and thought to myself 'Damn I hope she hangs around for a while!' and then she dies shortly after. This show seriously hates attractive women.

Overall I thought it was a great episode and think its definitely one of the best in the entire show's run.
Maggie, Rosita, Tara, Sasha, Michonne.... all still alive and have been around for a while. Maybe you don't consider them hotties but I'd say they count. I get that Jessie is arguably the prettiest woman they've had on the show but I'd still lay odds on some random black dude getting chopped before any of those women. Heath better watch his cornrows.

Last edited by Tourian; 02-14-2016 at 09:30 PM..

Old 02-14-2016, 09:29 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
I kind of felt like Sam got a raw deal. Yeah he did stop but he only whimpered a little bit when he got attacked. The others did more than that when they were trying to convince him to keep going and where left alone.

Still a kick ass scene though and I only thought of this on the second viewing.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:45 PM

537 posts, read 769,408 times
The problem with the Alexandrians is that many of them were sheltered for too long. That's why Sam is dead. If he had been out in the world like Carl, he wouldn't have been so freaked out walking out there ALIVE and unharmed. All he cared about was eating cookies and talking about what the world was like outside the walls in abstract. When it was literally in his backyard, he was just another traumatized child instead of a traumatized child who has gained defense mechanisms.

Sam was his mom's Achilles heel (probably would be for most moms...clearly not Carol). That's why she's dead.

Ron's teenage angst/desire for vengeance, denial about his dad, and his own trauma of his dad's death are why he's dead.

All of that said, I did not see that coming. All I know is Rick should be glad he never ran Michonne off. This woman is ridiculously loyal and has saved him and Carl a thousand times.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:50 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
My sweetheart, Carrie Underwood loves "Walking Dead" too.....

Old 02-14-2016, 09:54 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
So what happened to Carl? I watched the scene a couple of times and couldn't figure it out. Did he accidentally get shot?

Old 02-14-2016, 10:04 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
So what happened to Carl? I watched the scene a couple of times and couldn't figure it out. Did he accidentally get shot?
Yes.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:10 PM

2,322 posts, read 923,819 times
Writers went balls out and gave us one of the best episodes in a long while. Kudos

Old 02-14-2016, 11:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
So glad that Jessie and her brood are gone.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:35 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
THANK YOU Walking Dead. You redeemed yourselves tonight! I nearly didn't watch it, but thought I'd give it one more chance. Glad I did.

Looks like Rick and Carl learned their lesson about giving people second chances. Shouldda killed that rotten kid the first time he threatened Carl. And Carol killed the little boy by putting the fear of monsters into him.

I'm gonna miss Wolf Boy, he was just getting interesting.

They really need to go get themselves some armor if they plan to hold Alexandria.

PS - Carol please just use your usual style and shoot Morgan in the back of the head when he isn't looking. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV