Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 09:59 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Absolutely, but all in one show it was IMO too much.
  • Rick battles hundreds of zombies and never once seemed to be in real danger
  • Glenn leads zombies away and with not one behind him, shot by gun fire and a bullet doesn't even graze him
  • Mom and two sons get eaten, yet Rick and Michone don't have a zombie attack them
  • Rick and Michone run through hundreds of zombies, carrying Carl and make it away
  • Wolf guy decides to save the doc as she gets away
  • Darryl and the gang happen to have a firearm that blows away the motorcycle gang just in time

If it was one or two maybe. For me it was too much.
1) Rick got saved from being bitten from behind at least twice in that sequence, but maybe it went too quickly?
2) Abraham is a former soldier, and Sasha is the top marksman in the group.
3) Sam was making noise and his mom was screaming. Rick and Michonne were not.
4) Rick and Michonne can move a lot faster as two fit and athletic adults that are used to fighting zombies on their own than can the entire group with childish Sam, whiny Ron and sedentary mom Jessie slowing them down. They were all also holding hands before Sam got bitten.
5) Maybe Denise finally got through to Wolf Guy?
6) They had a whole entire episode in the first half of the season that focused on Sasha, Abraham and Daryl acquiring the RPG. Why would they have dumped it in the trash? https://youtu.be/aGrR4X2KsMo

Last edited by NewJeffCT; 02-16-2016 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 11:12 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
It's called suspension of disbelief..... something fundamental when watching a show about zombies....
Do you listen to the walking dead cast podcast????

Old 02-16-2016, 11:27 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,358 times
I thought it was an epic episode! I am with Chris Hardwick on this one one of the best episodes of the series! Started off with a bang then got a little devastating! I thought they would keep Jessie around seemed like she had good potential and being Ricks new girl and all but she had two idiot kids that ruined it like seriously why did she let Sam talk her into him going he should of went with Gabriel! So intense at the end too I also thought Glenn was one for and surprised he didn't get shot, should be interesting now with Negans crew in the mix!

Old 02-16-2016, 11:36 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
Do you listen to the walking dead cast podcast????

never even heard of it....

Old 02-16-2016, 11:43 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Uh oh... good catch by some folks. In the scene with the bikers, there is a car way in the distance that turns around and drives away after the biker gang gets blown to bits.

Car Spotted: Who Was Watching Daryl & The Saviors In The Walking Dead 'No Way Out'? - moviepilot.com
I wouldn't be surprised either way but I tend to lead towards it being an errant production vehicle or local traffic driving in to the shot. Either way, Negan is going to know when his boys don't come back or when he interrogates the couple that Darryl ran into when they get back or get captured.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:48 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,439 times
so glad Jessie and her annoying brats are gone. people are hyping her up to be more important than she was when she was a red shirt. nothing more.

one of these days glenn is not going to make it. he has been almost killed so many times. his luck is going to run out.

father Gabriel and Eugene really stepped it up. It's about time!!!!

carl getting shot sucked. I wish they hadn't followed that part of the comic.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:09 PM

also - I agree on Jessie. I thought she had a pretty face, but was nothing special when compared to Rosita, Maggie, Beth and a few others on the show. She also looked better in comparison because she was always neat & clean because she was sheltered in Alexandria, while Maggie, Rosita and the others were out getting dirty and not showering for days and weeks at a time (though, the women did take time to shave under their arms!)

Old 02-16-2016, 12:17 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,934 times
I enjoyed the episode. I'm not a fan of using the Kurosawa quiet action montage, as it doesn't work here, but otherwise it was good. I was fine with that guy rediscovering his humanity. She did save his life. The Glenn close escape of the week I didn't like. Either let him go to the Z side or leave him alone already. It's a bit of a joke at this point. Anyhoo, definitely have to suspend logic here and there but it is a zombie show after all.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:27 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
I liked that they came out and just started fighting. I really thought they would go for the guns in the armory though. Rick made it seem like there wouldn't be enough bullets when earlier depictions seemed to suggest they had a huge supply. But I would rather had seen them work their way in a big circle towards the armory house and fight from there. Seeing teams of two shooting and helping each other reload and using stabbing weapons from the lower levels with a couple of people on the roof with rifles... well let's just say I could envision something I would have liked better. And Daryl could still be the hero showing up just when ammo was getting low and doors and windows getting pushed in by lighting the fire in the lake with a lighter or torch or errr RPG.

I was surprised by the montage...I thought it was okay and a decent touch.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I liked that they came out and just started fighting. I really thought they would go for the guns in the armory though. Rick made it seem like there wouldn't be enough bullets when earlier depictions seemed to suggest they had a huge supply. But I would rather had seen them work their way in a big circle towards the armory house and fight from there. Seeing teams of two shooting and helping each other reload and using stabbing weapons from the lower levels with a couple of people on the roof with rifles... well let's just say I could envision something I would have liked better. And Daryl could still be the hero showing up just when ammo was getting low and doors and windows getting pushed in by lighting the fire in the lake with a lighter or torch or errr RPG.

I was surprised by the montage...I thought it was okay and a decent touch.
I saw a few complaints about the montage being too much like a B movie montage you'd see on those SyFy movies of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV