Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 03:45 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblank View Post
Unfortunately, it is now a fact that this season is one of the worse.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/walking-dea...190236582.html
Viewership dropped 25 percent for the season’s second episode down to 12.5 million. Such a drop may have been expected somewhat given all the hype around the premiere resolving last season’s fateful circle-of-victims cliffhanger. But then the third episode dropped too (11.7 million), and so did the fourth (11.4 million) and now the fifth (11 million), with TWD marking a low point for the show since 2013.

I didn't even pay attention most of the last episode I was so bored.

I used to be so excited for Sundays to come around and now I can wait a few days or not watch at all. Such a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 03:57 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I know it's so wrong to say so, but I really think Jesus is sexy.
lol. I love him. and he is cute!

Old 11-23-2016, 04:01 PM

56 posts, read 60,983 times
It makes me so angry they ruined one of my favorite shows. I only watch a handful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I didn't even pay attention most of the last episode I was so bored.

I used to be so excited for Sundays to come around and now I can wait a few days or not watch at all. Such a shame.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:02 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Still...over 11M viewers. Thats a lot.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:05 PM

56 posts, read 60,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
True, I have been there. Hoping to fall in love again. At this rate they will be at 10,5 by next week.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:51 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,016,642 times
I was late to TWD, but I caught up and enjoyed it. I guess last season and especially this season, I have been asking myself, what is the plan to end this series? It can't last much longer. Can it?

Old 11-23-2016, 05:46 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I was late to TWD, but I caught up and enjoyed it. I guess last season and especially this season, I have been asking myself, what is the plan to end this series? It can't last much longer. Can it?

That's just it, they're plan is to make it last as long as unreasonably possible. I have to admit though, I was ready for the show to conclude, but, now I ask myself, if the writing gets back on track, I could handle the show going on indefinitely with varying story lines as long as the stories are as interesting as the earlier ones like with the Kingdom and when the numbskull Dwight had a moment of reflecting and and short lived empathy. Well, this being if they tidy it up and kill of Negan within the coming weeks. Yes, I know I'm in dream land on that last bit for sure if not all of it. But at least wrap up the Neejerk, (negan,) storyline by the second part of this season 7, they cut Terminus short, they can do the same with Neejerk.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:16 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,780 times
TWD is based on a great b&w comic book that is still ongoing (which I read in the Trade Paperback form) & the storyline in the comic is way ahead of what we're seeing on the show. So, I can easily see the TWD TV series last indefinitely...

Old 11-23-2016, 07:17 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Yes, in the very last episode, the last 7 seasons have all been just a dream. Carl was at a rave with Enid and was tripping on some bad acid. All these characters are his highschool teachers.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:42 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
It makes me so angry they ruined one of my favorite shows. I only watch a handful.
They didn't ruin it. It's pretty much always been kinda bad. It's always had great acting and absolutely terrible writing. Problem is, the longer the show goes on the harder it is to hid the terrible writing.

If they had better writers just imagine TWD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
It's like down to season 3 levels, and it's seeing steeper declines per episode than the last few seasons.

Quote:
True, I have been there. Hoping to fall in love again. At this rate they will be at 10,5 by next week.
I've been that way for a couple seasons. While I've always been able to find some amusement, the last few episodes have been absolute yawn feasts I've had difficulty staying awake through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
That's just it, they're plan is to make it last as long as unreasonably possible. I have to admit though, I was ready for the show to conclude, but, now I ask myself, if the writing gets back on track, I could handle the show going on indefinitely with varying story lines as long as the stories are as interesting as the earlier ones like with the Kingdom and when the numbskull Dwight had a moment of reflecting and and short lived empathy. Well, this being if they tidy it up and kill of Negan within the coming weeks. Yes, I know I'm in dream land on that last bit for sure if not all of it. But at least wrap up the Neejerk, (negan,) storyline by the second part of this season 7, they cut Terminus short, they can do the same with Neejerk.
I wouldn't be surprised if they stretch Negan into another season. I think there's still quite a bit more material they can pull from for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV