Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 04:33 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
And it seems at Hilltop, only Jesus and Sasha and Maggie were able to figure out how to get out and fight the Savior's equivalent of a TP-ing.
Hahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 07:40 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I also don't get why Spencer takes crap from Rick. After Rick threatened me, I would have said "Oh, you're a big man now, aren't you? I didn't hear you talking all big and bad when Negan was around." I also would have pointed out that he was almost choked to death by Crazy Pete, so he might want to reconsider taking on a bigger man.
Because Spencer is spineless. That'll eventually get him killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think we need to get the group back together.
Last nights episode was sort of dull after last weeks brilliant one with Daryl and Dwight and of course the season opener.
This spending entire episodes focused on one out of four places? is ridiculous. Harkens back to the terrible writing of the series. If they're going to continue like this they need to adopt something like GOT where they can have one episode showing several different settings. But I have no hope of that. That 1.5 hr long episode was pretty bad.

It's getting harder and harder to tune in. If it wasn't the fact it was Sundays at 9pm and I've got nothing much going on, I'd probably be catching up later. First and last episodes seem to be the only important ones.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:53 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Yeah..im getting bored. lol
I miss it when they were all out fighting together.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:45 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Ugh, the puppy love was so bad and ill-conceived. I expected the Osmond's to start singing any minute. The writers can be pretty heavy handed but that, oy. The rest was alright. A bit slow.
And this coming from a user named Jonas who lives on the Island of Misfit Toys.

Hey, you set yourself up for it s/

Old 11-22-2016, 01:34 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
I wish they would just all go out in a blaze of glory, full frontal attack with pitchforks and spears against their ex-rocket launcher. I want to see Rick hit about 200 times, blood and body parts spraying everywhere, in slow motion.

That spineless shell of a former man. One eyed Carl is tougher than he is. And Enid needs to be walker food, but we can spare her, because she's Carls main squeeze now.

Oh, and I want to see the tiger eat Negan and Dwight. And Daryl can go down fighting against insurmountable odds.

The final scene a slow drone roll over the decimated armies, with only Carl and a pregnant Enid and Carol left alive, as they start the long walk to Colorado to join the survivors from "The Stand," and start a new story line.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:22 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,258,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
as they start the long walk to Colorado to join the survivors from "The Stand," and start a new story line.
LOL LOL - Great idea. I love it!

Old 11-22-2016, 06:33 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,356,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
The final scene a slow drone roll over the decimated armies, with only Carl and a pregnant Enid and Carol left alive, as they start the long walk to Colorado to join the survivors from "The Stand," and start a new story line.
Yes! Well, I would modify it to be Rick, Michonne, and Carol, but definitely going to Colorado to meet Randall Flagg.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:35 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
From reading the recent posts I think that others are feeling that the show is stretching, getting a bit boring and at times ridiculous.
Roller skates that actually fit? though it looked like Enid had several pairs of socks on ? OKay but wouldn't those skates be all rusty from lying on the road for how many months or years?
It was a cute moment...

What is really bothersome is the supplies that keep popping up. When you thing about it there has been several large groups of people living near each other from the start of the series and Negan has been taking half of those found items. His group came in and cleared out Alexandria and they will return next week to take half of what? If you don't have anything even after scrounging the countryside what are they going to do?

Well from day one we have had to suspend our common sense that Zombies exist to enjoy the show so I guess we need to give the writers/ producers other passes as well.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:32 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times
hi folks -have not been online as much lately. the show is getting really disjointed. Game of Thrones can show 3-4-5 settings in an episode and maybe drops one setting per week. TWD drops every setting except one most weeks, it seems. And, now we get another setting (Oceanside) coming up next week. So, we're going to have characters in Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom, the Sanctuary and now Oceanside. So, a character may only show up in 2 episodes per half season. And, we have GoT winning all the awards, while TWD gets nothing.

I complained about this back in season 4 when they had those two "bottle" episodes featuring the Governor. It wasn't bad on its own, but it would have worked WAY better if they had 10-12 minutes of Governor flashback at the start or end of each episode instead of shutting down the entire rest of the show for 2 weeks.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:36 PM

56 posts, read 60,976 times
Default This season is in free fall ratings down 25-30%

Unfortunately, it is now a fact that this season is one of the worse.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/walking-dea...190236582.html
Viewership dropped 25 percent for the season’s second episode down to 12.5 million. Such a drop may have been expected somewhat given all the hype around the premiere resolving last season’s fateful circle-of-victims cliffhanger. But then the third episode dropped too (11.7 million), and so did the fourth (11.4 million) and now the fifth (11 million), with TWD marking a low point for the show since 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV