Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 08:27 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,408,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaMoBThere View Post
I think they recruited John Rocker for the show, and when he admitted he knew nothing about it and hadn't watched it they decided not to clue him in. There is no way he could have made the choices he's made if anyone had said, 'Better get up to speed and watch a season or two.' They probably figured he would make one mistake after the next and that a large part of the audience was going to love seeing that.
He did have a pretty easy time finding the hidden immunity idol. I wonder if he was lucky or planned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 02:16 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,025,579 times
I think it was planned, then lunkhead wasted it when he didn't use it.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:04 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,201,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
He did have a pretty easy time finding the hidden immunity idol. I wonder if he was lucky or planned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I think it was planned, then lunkhead wasted it when he didn't use it.
Too bad they did not explain what to do with the idol. You would think anyone going on a show with a $$$$$MILLION prize would have watched several of the past seasons.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:29 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,213,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Too bad they did not explain what to do with the idol. You would think anyone going on a show with a $$$$$MILLION prize would have watched several of the past seasons.
You'd sure think so but look how many past players came on not knowing "what they signed up for" or not knowing how to make fire.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:45 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,281,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
You'd sure think so but look how many past players came on not knowing "what they signed up for" or not knowing how to make fire.
Or swim! That's the one that always gets me, though there seem to be less water challenges these days. But still.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:16 PM

3,989 posts, read 5,023,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Or swim! That's the one that always gets me, though there seem to be less water challenges these days. But still.
Agree with you there...I would think one would learn how to start a fire but it doesn't come up too often in everyday life unless you really like to camp...but even then, you have tools.

But the swimming thing...you'll likely be shipped to an ISLAND...you will come in contact with WATER. One would really have to live in a hole to not know how to swim and want to be on Survivor. Crazy!

Old 10-14-2014, 05:53 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,213,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Oh yes I forgot this one that drives me nuts too.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I don't think it was either. The clue was pretty specific about 7 paces in a certain direction from the watering hole. Who knows how much was editing out, too.

Speaking of editing, I've read confirmation on other blogs that the reward challenge 2 weeks ago, Julie (going against her boyfriend Rocker) dropped her ball at least once, possibly twice, but it was editing out of the episode to make her look better than him. I do know for a fact this isn't the first time in the show this has happened. They edit the show a certain way to tell a story and make the viewers think about someone in a certain light. This is most evident when players return and seem completely different than their first time out. Stephenie was America' sweetheart her first time out in Palau but was a complete.... horrible person her second time out just one season later in Guatemala. I don't think either of those personas are completely true, but just the way she was edited to look to the viewers. Same with many of the players in Heroes vs Villains. That season I found myself liking some of the villians I couldn't stand before like Coach and Jerri. And hating some of the Heroes I loved before like Colby and James. And it's all because of how they were edited. We've heard complaints from contestants before that they were edited in a certain light, specifically I remember Jerri complaining about it in the first All-Stars season that she was edited to seem like a horrible person. Each season has a villain, each season has an underdog, each season has the "nice guy" and I would be much of the time these roles are created by editing tricks. That's why sometimes tribe members seem to hate someone in their tribe but we the viewers really don't understand why. Other times, we hate someone on a tribe but the tribe itself doesn't seem to and we don't understand why. We're essentially brainwashed into thinking a certain way about the people on the show. I'm not putting down the show. I love Survivor! And it is what they have to do to make the show interesting. It would be completely boring otherwise.

Ok, my soapbox speech is over. lol

Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 AM

350 posts, read 478,746 times

Survivor Live - John - YouTube

Wasn't much interested in John's interview ... UNTIL I saw Malcolm ... one of my favorite "Survivors" ... good seeing him again !

Old 10-15-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
Wasn't much interested in John's interview ... UNTIL I saw Malcolm ... one of my favorite "Survivors" ... good seeing him again !
I haven't watched this clip yet but I have to say Rocker left with more class than I thought he would. He didn't appear to be or act mad at the tribe at all. More he was mad at himself for being blindsided and not playing his idol. He even said of the blindside when Probst snuffed his torch "It was well played." I kind of half expected him to go off on his tribe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV