Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 07:41 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,689 times

Advertisements

Suppose Keith has hidden the Immunity Idol somewhere at camp but gets switched to the other tribe. Does he lose the idol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 08:39 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
not certain how the executives of this show can possibly get away with NOT giving the contestants more food. They aren't eating enough to remain healthy on the beans and rice provided. Granted they should be and maybe are out looking for other food sources but we don't see much of that going on.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:48 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
not certain how the executives of this show can possibly get away with NOT giving the contestants more food. They aren't eating enough to remain healthy on the beans and rice provided. Granted they should be and maybe are out looking for other food sources but we don't see much of that going on.
It is Survivor I would think part of the game should be to go out and find food/fish, For any one who has watched the game to pig out on food they know has to last all season is pretty stupid.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,724 times
I'm sure that he'll take all their comfort items back in exchange for the rice.

Surprising vote tonight. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:32 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
I was surprised they were going to make a bargain again with Jeff. Geeze. Don't these guys watch past episodes? In the good ole days, rice lasted a whole season and when a storm washed away the rice in Season 2, it was horrifying. Then when Brandon Hantzed the rice, again, horrifying. Rice is sacred, you don't gorge on it and you don't trash it in any way. Geeze-o-Pete, people.......this team has got to be the wussiest team there is. Now the newbies get punished because the originals squandered their rice.

I have no idea why they voted Kelly off. I would have thought Baylor or her dumb-a$$ mom. Mom is not making any friends at camp and I'm wondering why she's staying, or if she's staying much longer. At least now both the old guys are on the same team and they can make an alliance...I like both of them.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:12 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I'm sure that he'll take all their comfort items back in exchange for the rice.

Surprising vote tonight. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me!
After other seasons of Survivor and BB it is refreshing to see surprise votes!!!

Old 10-23-2014, 05:34 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Oh, Lets bargain to get more rice. Lets not "try" to find food, hunt, fish. Lets just sit around camp, complaining there is no rice...

And Probst allowing to bargain crap for rice is absurd... It's SURVIVOR.. No other Seasons, has this happen... Let the sissy babies go home... There's no one I even like - this season...

Old 10-23-2014, 06:20 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Tonight's vote didn't make sense - instead of keeping the stronger couple at least until the merge - you keep the trouble makers. So now Dale and Keith have to work on Jon to break up mom and Baylor because chances don't look good that they'll win immunity next time.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:50 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
First, I apologize. I'm a week late on Survivor! So I haven't seen last night's episode yet and I'm still commenting on last week's episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I wish Keith had kept that tidbit to himself...that was a foolish mistake...especially since Jeremy is so emotional. His wife being gone and his personality just won't allow for a simple error on Keith's part. I worry about him since I like Keith more than some of the other guys.

No, funny thing...Jeremy NEVER looked for the idol that we've seen. But Keith found it! GOOD FOR HIM! I'm glad he didn't use it at Tribal and I'm glad he's keeping that info to himself. Perhaps he learned his lesson with Jeremy...

Those boys just couldn't get it together...I kept saying during the reading of the votes..."WHY can't Big Brother be like this at voting time????????????"

It was awesome!
I don't understand why, instead of going off on Keith, Jeremy didn't just says "Hey, think about it! Keith probably found the idol and is trying to get the heat off of him by saying I have the idol!" He might have gotten more people to side with him on voting Keith out, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
So, they lost the original flint, and then when it turned up, it was in brand new, never been used condition. Wouldn't they have used the flint to make a fire prior to losing it, meaning that it was no longer in brand new condition?
Why do you think it was brand new? It was probably just used to start the fire once. We know they lost it within the first couple days. The flint Drew tried to trade back to Probst was the replacement they got from him which they hadn't needed to use yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I can't believe no one noticed that he was throwing it given how many times he screwed up! I'm actually impressed he didn't spout off about throwing it...but seriously, what a dummy!

I am actually glad they lost but only because they've gotten a bit big for their britches...if only a little!

I wonder if it'll be a twist on the "buff dropping" (sounds like cow paddies...) Anyway, they haven't done anything like Season 5 (Thailand) where they share a beach but not yet merged...and don't they usually merge around 10 or 11 people? We still have 14 people...I hope they have some kind of twist on the merge...
Drew was an idiot. It was very clear the editing was done to make him look like an arrogant fool to us so we'd be happy he was voted off. It worked because I was giddy when he was! I mean, he was talking about voting Kelley off RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER! When someone pointed that out, he said he didn't care. What a doofus!

I don't know that they will ever do anything like the Thailand fake merge again. There was a lot of controversy behind that and Shii Ann blamed the whole thing and producers for her getting voted off. If you don't remember, they all thought they were merged and Shii Ann, who was an outcast on her tribe, started socializing hard with members of the other tribe. And when it turned out they weren't merged yet, she was voted out because her tribe saw she was obviously going to flip on them. She's publicly stated the producers cheated her. I never cared for Shii Ann so I don't care but it may have scared the producers off from doing it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Any one else notice that the tribe's fires are a little far from where they sleep and all their shelters are fairly similar each season? I watch a lot of survival shows and the shelters are always very different and usually their fires are very close to them for warmth. As close as they can without setting the shelter on fire.

The producers must coach them on the type of shelter and location of the fire.
Maybe they've learned lessons from the Exile Island season when the merged tribe had their fire, with a roof, next to the shelter and while they were away at a challenge, the fire spread and their entire camp burned down. Or maybe it doesn't get as cold overnight in Nicaragua. We did see 2 weeks ago one tribe redo part of their shelter, especially the roof because it wasn't rain proof.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:13 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Suppose Keith has hidden the Immunity Idol somewhere at camp but gets switched to the other tribe. Does he lose the idol?
Here is Jeff Probst's explanation to that question from Entertainment Weekly.

"Depends on the situation. If you took your idol out of your bag and “hid” it under a rock and left without it, then the rules of Survivor don’t allow for any “help” for you to get it back. So, in that sense, it is your responsibility to have it with you. But if you left it in your personal bag and just didn’t bring your bag with you, then yes, we always move all of their personal items (clothes, water container, bag, etc) to their new island. So if you had it with your possessions, you are fine; if you hid it, you are not. We always remind the players at the start of the game of one big idea: Survivor is unpredictable. No matter how well you know it, you can’t be certain that it is going to go the way you think it is — so be prepared at all times."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV