Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 03:26 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,384,966 times

Advertisements

The worst thing that any shows does is make two characters fall in love that had an center ground with various subjects. It turns the entire series upside down. Take "Saved By the Bell:College Years" After that it was downhill from their with the Hawaii episode and so forth. All they needed to do was rebrand it "90210" the college years. In fact that is why blah blah failed because they got too serious and made everything into an drama.

I hate that Robot-Cop show on FOX. They made him into some sorta snively crybaby suckup and even featured bit-coins and the "White Dragon" stand from "Blade Runner". Even popped in an ***** reference/joke about cleaning your *****. I mean the show could have been nice but seriously make it stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 04:08 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,856,088 times
Having Cybil Shepherd and Bruce Willis finally hook up in Moonlighting. I thought that was a great show and the sexual chemistry between those two would ooze out of the TV screen. This was before Bruce become a big star. I know they thought they had to end the series that way but it just wasn't the same after that. The hook up actually came off pretty stupid, not at all giving the characters their due. I think it would have been a been a better ending and much less predictable if they had just left us hanging and using our imaginations. I wish they would put it back on TV on syndication instead of some of the garbage that is on now.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:50 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,263,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Getting rid of Will on The Good Wife. The terrible storylines make no sense, and they have wasted Matthew Goode.
I love The Good Wife and have generally enjoyed the script writing. However, Kalinda gets on my nerves in the worst way.....but I hear this is her last season on the show

Old 11-11-2014, 04:47 PM

41,990 posts, read 75,271,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Thanks for the spoiler alert, dik.
Back at ya. This happened three years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Having Cybil Shepherd and Bruce Willis finally hook up in Moonlighting.
Agreed; I had to quite watching after that because the show had grown so lame.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:18 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,735,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
The worst thing that any shows does is make two characters fall in love that had an center ground with various subjects. It turns the entire series upside down. Take "Saved By the Bell:College Years" After that it was downhill from their with the Hawaii episode and so forth. All they needed to do was rebrand it "90210" the college years. In fact that is why blah blah failed because they got too serious and made everything into an drama.
You might be a little confused here. "Saved By the Bell" Hawaii episode was toward the end of season 4 of the original series.

"The College Years" came after that and was meant to be a new show that only lasted one season. It was a completely different show. It just never caught on.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:08 PM

13 posts, read 33,768 times
Waking this thread because I had to contribute.
Dan and Rosanne Conner winning the lottery. That last season was embarrassing.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:10 PM

862 posts, read 1,198,817 times
American Bandstand in the late 80s when the show moved from ABC to syndication and tried to be more than just a dance show with a singer/group popping in to lip-synch their latest hits. I can remember one very early Sunday morning in the Fall of 1987 catching AB on our local CBS affiliate. Everyone seemed to be bored..Dick Clark, the dancers, the rock band who was the guest and even the stand up comedian whose name just like with the rock band I have long since forgot..all having the look of "....we rather be doing something else". Even the two or three music videos AB would show was boring. Looking back perhaps during the mid 80s with MTV being the "big" thing at the time Dick Clark should had taken American Bandstand down the oldies route and feature acts from AB's glory years and replace the teenagers with older adults doing the dancing since it was during the late 80s was when oldies radio really stated to take off. Heck even Clark himself made big bucks with that sort of thing with "Rock Roll and Remember.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:46 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,140,554 times
I will add one more. A&E recently dropping Longmire.[/quote]

That charles s dutton character ruined the whole show for me.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:52 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,140,554 times
The Law & Order franchise incorporating way too much of a political agenda. Just entertain us with good crime stories. They lost me, and I used to love those shows, both new and syndicated.

Above is very very true. But the show suffered mostly from the departure of Jerry Orbach.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:46 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,957,261 times
I love the show Community, but I think one of their biggest mistakes (there are a few) was when they dumbed down the character of Brita. She started off as a completely different person and then all of a sudden she was this dumb blonde. Once Troy left, the show was over.

Penny and Leonard getting married on the Big Bang Theory. Worst mistake. Honestly, I don't even like the character of Penny any more.

The Walking Dead screwed the pooch with the whole Glenn thing. I felt the way they handled it was such a let down. I am glad he is alive as he is one of my favorite characters, but make the scenario at least a little plausible. It just made no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV