Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 11:23 AM

692 posts, read 1,004,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Dunno, but did anyone think that they're trying to cram too much action into that season finale?

Yes. They could have aired 1 hour this week and 1 next week and it would not have felt rushed or overloaded. Also too many guest stars that added little to nothing. While it was nice to see them they could have spent those 5 minutes showing what happened to Vernon's body or have Cookie find out what Anika did to Elle Dallas or bring back cute little Lola. Since the show is hot, I hope they don't jam pack pack season with musical guest stars and instead follow through with storylines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 02:47 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,238 times
I liked it but I dont know I felt something was missing. And Eww to Anika and Hakeem!I dont like that they made it seem like cookie was the snitch which i'm pretty sure it was Anika and prob Andre- then all of a sudden Ms Rhonda wants to announce shes pregnant ugh give me a break! Where the heck did Malcolm go? Did he end up taking the job in DC? What happened to Vernons body? etc etc

Old 03-23-2015, 07:06 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
One of the drawbacks to them putting too much into the season finale is that details like what happened after Rhonda killed Vernon get dropped for a while. For sure we won't know anything until next season. I don't think this show really needed yet another killing! Too much violence just gets old after a while. Wonder how many people they'll kill off next season. Cookie and Jamal also came close to killing someone, not to mention the guy who came with Olivia. It's just too much violence for one family. I was also turned off with the near-incestuous relationships, both Hakeem/Anika/Lucious, but also Jamal/Olivia/Lucious. It's sick!

Old 03-25-2015, 12:24 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
Ok- But honestly its kind of getting silly now- a few complaints:

The kid pronouced the rappers name "wiz cohh-leefah" instead of wiz khalifah- I'm trying not to be that nit picky but there is no music consultant on the set of a show about hip hop who could have this kid say one of the biggest rappers name correctly? Even the actor should have known it?

The scene with him beating the manager up in the trailer- in broad daylight? Come on that doesn't really happen, and for him to just kind of walk out of there as if it's business as usual seemed dumb, as if the manager didn't have lawful business there and wouldn't be missed?

The idea that his investigator said the feds are watching cookie, and showed him a picture of it- yet he just openly believes that the lady is her parole officer was beyond stupid, he didn't even bother to seem surprised that she was the lady in the pictures, he seemed almost ignorant to the fact

The obama call was ridiculous as well- It seems like the show is lacking direction, the writing is corny, and the music is wack- I was into it at first but now I'm getting off the ride!

Like i'm having a hard time buying these jokers as "savvy, gangsters who made it big" and more like a group of bad actors who are trying their hardest to make it through an episode with the awful writing-

Maybe Terrance howard and Tarji are eating up the lions share of the budget and they are forced to skimp on production with shoddy writing and bad supporting roles?
I just recently started watching the show On Demand. I really like it. Terrance Howard and Taraji are perfectly capable of carrying the show. The writing is similar to any other nighttime soap opera. The writing is always bad, but designed to shock and get people to want to tune in the next episode. I know it's going to have silly things like the parole officer, or mine was when Cookie is in the car talking to Jamal at his studio, and her assistant calls about Tiana's girlfriend and she looks up the picture in an instant, and sets up the video shoot with Tiana and Hakeem, all while going to Philadelphia to hire a hit man. So unrealistic, but who cares? It's entertaining.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
I liked it but I dont know I felt something was missing. And Eww to Anika and Hakeem!I dont like that they made it seem like cookie was the snitch which i'm pretty sure it was Anika and prob Andre- then all of a sudden Ms Rhonda wants to announce shes pregnant ugh give me a break! Where the heck did Malcolm go? Did he end up taking the job in DC? What happened to Vernons body? etc etc
The FBI lady/parole officer told us the snitch was Vernon. When she was told they were unable to locate him, she instructed the officers to find him because he was her star witness.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
This episode was good but I'm finding Terrence Howard a little weak in his character. I've watched him in other things where he was more powerful & believing than this character is to me.

Taraji Henson is killing it!
I read somewhere (was it here?) that the show wanted Wesley Snipes as Lucious, but Taraji wanted them to cast Terrence Howard. I think Howard makes Lucious more sympathetic, but Snipes would have been far more believable as a gangsta'. I'm actually glad they got Howard because I think Taraji and Terrence Howard have good chemistry. I'm not sure how much chemistry she would have had with Wesley Snipes.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:53 PM

I'm currently watching On Demand with two episodes to go, so I'm not going to read the last couple of pages here for spoilers. I did want to see if anyone else was a little annoyed that Lucious told Andre he would never trust him after he brought that white girl home. It sounded like he (and the showrunners) were saying that Andre only married her to gain acceptance into the white world. He also sounded mad that Andre studied and went to school, like he was "acting white." Is that really a thing? Most fathers who own large corporations would be pleased that at least one of his sons got a business degree.

After seeing Andre go crazy I thought I understood why Lucious never wanted him to run the company, but the previews make it seem that the family had no idea Andre was going crazy. So Lucious really doesn't want him to run the company because he's too smart. He's right that Andre seems like a bad choice just because of his scheming, but the reality is that Andre schemes because he knows his dad would never let him have it any other way. Lucious is pitting all his sons against each other when the company should be run by all three. Andre run the financial side of it while Jamal and Hakeem run the artistic side of it. Hakeem is way too young and immature to be trusted to run the company by himself. What the hell is Lucious thinking?

That boy would bankrupt the company in two or three years. He's got a posse! Imagine Justin Bieber and his posse running a multi-million dollar empire? That just wouldn't work.

Maybe all this is answered in the next two episodes? I'm going to watch them tonight to see. I wish they would have had more faith in this show and made at least 20 episodes.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:59 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Empire returns for second season

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/ar...av=bottom-well

Old 09-23-2015, 12:15 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
Yeah, we'll see how it goes tonight! Hopefully, Luscious being in prison where he deserves to be will help the sons sort their problems out. Luscious thought of himself as a good father, but he was absolutely the opposite! But mostly, I watch becuse of Cookie and Jamal.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 755 times
Just saw this Supreme Court parody of Empire.
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geKMY9rXHzQ[/url] You know it's only a matter of time before they start with the spin-offs and turning it into a franchise. We're just a year away from Empire: Supreme Court, Empire: LA, and Empire: Cyber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV