Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times

Advertisements

If Strand were a comic book character by the time the story progresses to where Rick is, he'd have a whole fleet of ships including aircraft carriers and subs and Abigail would be his inner sanctum where he kept his harem. And it would be floating in a swimming pool aboard a much larger cruise ship.

I want to see his end game too. He has to sleep but he is too afraid to close his eyes around them. Things will probably get a lot dicier if they come up against real confrontation and they lose the boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 09:28 AM

2,322 posts, read 923,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
If Strand were a comic book character by the time the story progresses to where Rick is, he'd have a whole fleet of ships including aircraft carriers and subs and Abigail would be his inner sanctum where he kept his harem. And it would be floating in a swimming pool aboard a much larger cruise ship.

I want to see his end game too. He has to sleep but he is too afraid to close his eyes around them. Things will probably get a lot dicier if they come up against real confrontation and they lose the boat.
LOL Love this.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:29 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Maybe also give him a monocle and a long haired white cat to stroke while he plots his next evil deed All of this sounds about as plausible as Negan...

Old 04-12-2016, 09:56 AM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
As nonsensical as Strand's character (and his entire story-the house, the yacht, etc...) is, they definitely have me hooked into seeing what his endgame is. Obviously he is planning on using the survivors as some sort of bait, bargaining, or leverage, since its pretty clear the guy is stone cold dead inside and wouldn't p-- on someone who was on fire unless it ultimately benefited him and in some way. The survivors themselves are over a barrel because none of them know what the hell they're doing with regard to piloting a large yacht (he probably doesn't either, but that's besides the point), so it will at least be interesting to see what happens there. I'm wondering if the guys the teenage girl was talking to will turn out to be some rogue Navy or Coast Guard officers who are pirating supplies from anyone they can find on the water? From the looks of that capsized boat it looks like they were packing some serious firepower.
Yup....Strand is going to have an interesting story-line. Should make for an epic confrontation with his "guests" at some point.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:44 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Yup....Strand is going to have an interesting story-line. Should make for an epic confrontation with his "guests" at some point.
by the progress shown I would say Strand will be the first dead of the group.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:37 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
by the progress shown I would say Strand will be the first dead of the group.
"That would be unfortunate."

Old 04-12-2016, 11:40 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I don't know why everyone is so suspicious of Strand. If I were him, I would do the same thing. Gather a small group of people who seem moderately competent, grateful and pliable to help you on the boat. You're certainly not going out on the water alone. You would lose your boat to the first group of pirates you see.
This^^^
Strand mentioned in one of the scenes that he is a genius of some sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Because it's obvious the guy would sell his grandmother for a quarter. He may need them now, but once he doesn't he'll either trade them away for something else or toss them overboard.
I disagree!
I think everything he has done to this point is for survival. He i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I can see Strand becoming a warlord like The Governor or like Negan. If he is still alive in The Walking Dead timeline that's probably what he is.
This^^^^
He's a sales man and tells people what they want to hear.
One Final point on the young girl Alicia and the rest of her family.
Keep in mind that this is the very beginning of the apocalypse (Hell rick is still in a coma).
The Characters are going to make mistakes and screw up because, most of us have seen The Walking Dead and know what happens.
I agree that the Characters are naive and have lot to learn, but watching as they learn these lessons and grow is Part of the Journey

Old 04-12-2016, 12:58 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Well, I liked the episode and I like the show.

I think people have unrealistic expectations about Alicia. She's 16. Yes, she is naive. So are the vast majority of all 16 year olds.

Chris is beyond surly, but is reacting to his mom being shot. He doesn't get it yet. It's still early in the ZA for him. Herschel was MUCH further into the ZA and still clinging to the notion that zombies could be cured somehow. Herschel was a veterinarian with many years of experience; Chris was a kid in high school. I'd be a bit surly towards someone who had just shot my mom dead, too.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:01 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
For a season premier this was a really slow, uninteresting episode. Feels like season 2 of TWD already.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:40 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Well, I liked the episode and I like the show.

I think people have unrealistic expectations about Alicia. She's 16. Yes, she is naive. So are the vast majority of all 16 year olds.

Chris is beyond surly, but is reacting to his mom being shot. He doesn't get it yet. It's still early in the ZA for him. Herschel was MUCH further into the ZA and still clinging to the notion that zombies could be cured somehow. Herschel was a veterinarian with many years of experience; Chris was a kid in high school. I'd be a bit surly towards someone who had just shot my mom dead, too.
But if seeing two of her neighbors killed right up close, living in a military camp for a couple of weeks, knowing her boyfriend is surely dead, almost getting taken by some AWOL military guys and narrowly escaping LA onto the yacht doesn't wake her up...what will? I am all for seeing characters grow and maybe we will watch her grow but right now she is just a liability designed to move the plot ahead by making terrible decisions. It doesn't seem like she will ever learn. Travis asked her to get on the radio and see if she could raise some help or get anyone to respond. She scans through a few channels and finally gets someone...so what does she do? Does she go tell Travis? Nope. She slinks around the boat to find a private spot to talk so no one knows. Why? Why wouldn't she let him know? Maybe they could help. Maybe they could pump him for info. Maybe they could go rescue them for all she knows. But instead she treats it like her own little secret and doesn't share. That is tough for me to reconcile. If she can still be a bratty selfish teen after all that has happened to her then she is only going to be a liability.

I can understand Chris' pain. I would think his mother would leave him a note or something. I can understand her not telling him goodbye so he wouldn't anguish over it or worse...witness it. But she should have left him something behind to at least try to keep him from blaming those around him for the tragedy. Actually, hell with a note she could've taped a quick goodbye using her cellphone or borrowed a digicam from strand. I'm sure he had one in that house. Punching his dad being angry i get all that. But jumping into the ocean? WTH? Makes no sense and is incompatible with natural nonsuicidal tendencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV