Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2017, 11:06 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Need to take the show back to LA. Bring back Tobias and Alex. And add a lot of zombies.
I agree. They need to be in a city. I had a lot of hope for this show. I hate that they decided to focus on Madison and her family. They should have focus on random people that were brought together due to the incident.

I would have liked: Victor, Nick, Travis, Daniel, Luciana, Alicia, and Troy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 09:02 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I was thinking it was his way of getting rid of the old Nick and becoming the Nick of the ZA. Just like Strand shed his old identity I think this was Nick's way of doing the same.
I wish Daryl, in TWD would cut his hair, he always looks so greasy and dirty...even in real life, that hair style is not at all for him. Just my 2 cents

I do not like Madison, and haven't since the beginning....

Old 09-13-2017, 11:00 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,757 times
I really did try to watch this season...really did. I was ready to give up on the show at the finale of the last season, but when this one premiered I thought I'd give it one more chance.

Travis seemed to be the only character left who held promise of having some sort of interest. At the beginning of the series he was rather apathetic, slow to catch on to survival of the fittest, but then, when he sought revenge for his son's death and went absolutely insane, I thought...now they're giving him some substance. NOW there might be some hope for this show.

And then the writers killed him off. An inane, senseless death. And that was it for me. I haven't watched it since.

What I believe is seriously lacking in this show is character substance. The actors go through the motions, act scared, tough, traumatized, but...that's all it is, acting. For myself as a viewer, there is no sense of camaraderie amongst the actors and their characters, there is no sense of family and loyalty. And when that is missing, the viewer tends to not care, and loses interest. Yes, there are still fan followers of this show (many in this thread, I'm assuming) and for those who do follow it, I hope it continues to be a favourite for you. But for me, the show is hollow, and I'm really disappointed that it went this way, given the potential it held.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:02 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
So we have Americans in a compound with a fence around it trying to keep out "terrorist" Indians being invaded by zombie Mexicans.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,519,654 times
Yawn. The same thing over and over. People on a boat and they messed it up. People in a hotel and they messed it up. People in a stronghold town and they messed it up. Now people on a ranch and they're messing it up. Madison is in desperate need of some psychotherapy and the show is in desperate need of anything to make it interesting. They don't have a clue what to do with the characters they have so they kill them off, sometimes bring them back. Yawn.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:40 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
yeah, I'm not liking this show but have stuck with it b/c there was nothing else on.....I cannot believe the same writers do TWD, b/c this show doesn't nearly live up to TWD. I do not care at all for the Madison Character. Actually all the characters are so self imposed...in TWD, there is a family unit of people who work together....the main characters in this show, are incredibly narcissistic and unconcerned with the others, even Madison, leaves her kids way to much....she is brutal....don't care for Nick, or his sister....there are no characters in this show that permeate a charisma of goodness and care...they're all out for themselves...

however, I did enjoy the ending of the first show, where they all put down their weapons and started digging together....that was human....

Old 09-14-2017, 09:03 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
Watched it last night. I think the big problem with this show is that the characters lack emotions, emotions of any kind. So no empathy whatsoever. No one wants to watch that. It makes the show pointless as you don't care what happens. Kill 'em all, meh, no loss. This kind of show needs emotions and empathy to make any sense. Oh well, at least Strand is back.

Also, Alicia actor still cannot act, at all. Oy, she is bad.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:14 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Yawn. The same thing over and over. People on a boat and they messed it up. People in a hotel and they messed it up. People in a stronghold town and they messed it up. Now people on a ranch and they're messing it up. Madison is in desperate need of some psychotherapy and the show is in desperate need of anything to make it interesting. They don't have a clue what to do with the characters they have so they kill them off, sometimes bring them back. Yawn.
I agree. I wish they prolonged the initial outbreak and gave different viewpoints. The airplane outbreak was pretty cool. They should have done it Asian girl POV, Strand POV, Madison Fam POV, the latino POV and then bring them all together at a point in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, I'm not liking this show but have stuck with it b/c there was nothing else on.....I cannot believe the same writers do TWD, b/c this show doesn't nearly live up to TWD. I do not care at all for the Madison Character. Actually all the characters are so self imposed...in TWD, there is a family unit of people who work together....the main characters in this show, are incredibly narcissistic and unconcerned with the others, even Madison, leaves her kids way to much....she is brutal....don't care for Nick, or his sister....there are no characters in this show that permeate a charisma of goodness and care...they're all out for themselves...

however, I did enjoy the ending of the first show, where they all put down their weapons and started digging together....that was human....
The reason why the TWD is better story-wise is that they have the comics to use as reference. For FTWD they don't so they are just making up as they go. (Similar to GOT)

Old 09-16-2017, 04:53 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Default gold coins?

I watched last week's mid-season-premiere (is that even a thing?), and could not figure out that the things in the metal canisters that Madison and Walker were trying to trade were gold coins.
I only learned what they were by watching Talking Dead on-demand.

First, when they briefly showed the coins, they did not look gold, but more silver in color. Maybe my screen is dusty.
Second, I never saw gold coins being stored in metal canisters like that. And I actually buy bullion! Why would you put gold coins in metal canisters? It's freaking GOLD. Plastic containers or canvas bags, sure, but metal canisters that make transport even more awkward and heavier?
Third, in the zombie apocalypse, gold would not have any value. If you can't eat it, drink it, or kill something with it, it has no value. Why would the Asian gangster lady care about gold?
Honestly, those pieces of chocolate wrapped in gold foil and shaped like coins would have more value.

This is the stuff I lie awake wondering about....

I'm also getting annoyed with this show because I'm constantly thinking "that thing that person did doesn't make any sense" "That person just made a choice that has no logic to it" and "what the hell could be the person's motive?" In the mental health profession, we'd call that non goal-directed behavior.

And why did people all decide that Nick was suddenly on Troy's side? He was trying to get him to give up, and everyone around there could see he was just trying to get him to give up. But then boom, they all think he's joined Troy. To jump to that conclusion would just be illogical.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:45 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
I think gold could still be used as a currency. I mean, it has no value now but is used as a universal. I think that would hold in the ZA as well - especially this soon into it.

To so illogical action, that's been that way since day one on this show - and the TWD. It gets annoying but some times you just gotta go with it. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV