Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 04:00 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I felt bad for Vicki but I felt it should have been taken off screen.

How does Brooks still have hair after 3 rounds of chemo????

Shannon is a whackball.

Jim hates his wife
Agree went on too long...I wondered the same thing...maybe it's the coffee enemas...Jim never should have put a ring on her...he could have shook any palm tree in Orange County and gotten better for a wife...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 01:01 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I felt bad for Vicki but I felt it should have been taken off screen.

How does Brooks still have hair after 3 rounds of chemo????

Shannon is a whackball.

Jim hates his wife
Chemo and hair loss varies. I have no idea if the guy is telling the truth or not, I never liked him. Had friends go through chemo for different cancers. Some lost most or all of their hair, a couple lost none even though their doctors told them it was a possibility.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear999 View Post
Just got caught up with everything and watched the episode with Vicki's mom passing away. Wow, this was heart wrenching to watch, I had tears streaming. I thought the scene was too long, and then everybody that came to her at the party she had to tell over and over again as to what happened.

You know what though, if they would have only filmed 5 minutes of the scene people would have been complaining too, that it was insensitive to only show so little time about her mom passing. It's hard hearing and watching stuff about people passing away because you feel like it's your own mom, child, sister, etc. It was so sad to hear her brother crying on the phone and him explaining how he found her. Once again, it was a very long, sad scene.

As far as Shannon extending an olive branch to Meghan, I just about went crazy when Shannon called Meghan and Meghan was STILL on the fence about going to Shannon's Bunco party!!! Meghan just won't drop it! Get over it. Obviously she did because she did show up at Shannon's party. It was so funny that Shannon said "of course Meghan would have to be the first one to show up." I have said it again and again, I know Shannon is wacky but I just love her, I find a very likable quality in her.
Wow. It ws so hard to watch and brought back SO many emotions. Losing your Mom is a hard one at any age and it reminded me of how much we still need our mother's even when we are in our 40's and 50's.

When she said - who is going to worry about me now? My mother always worried about me." While it sounded a bit juvie - I totally got it. NO one loves and worries about you like your Mom. I was 40 when I lost mine and I really had a hard time imagining a world without her in it.

Even during Vicki's later 'confessional" ~ you could still see the pain and sadness in her face and demeanor.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:27 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Chemo and hair loss varies. I have no idea if the guy is telling the truth or not, I never liked him. Had friends go through chemo for different cancers. Some lost most or all of their hair, a couple lost none even though their doctors told them it was a possibility.

I thought he had stage 3/4 cancer? IF that's the case, then serious chemo is needed..

Old 07-10-2015, 01:30 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Brooks Ayers was diagnosed With Stage 3 Non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 2013, specifically diffuse large B cell lymphoma in fall 2013

Old 07-10-2015, 01:45 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
As someone who's had that same type of call (sudden/unexpected death) about my own Mom, I can certainly sympathize with Vicki, but I feel her reaction was over-the-top. First off, it was strange that she asked for a landline. Had she gotten a text from Briana? And if so, why did she just not call her back from her cell? Then, it was like she never "broke character" to even look at the cameraman in distress. She also said a couple things that people on reality shows do all the time....there is a name for it but I forget the term, but it is when they say something unnecessary in dialogue that is just meant to explain to the viewers -- such as, "Jim, your sister Mary is here"....Vicki did it a couple times and I don't remember specifics, but she did it because the phone was not on speaker and we couldn't hear what Briana was saying, so maybe something like, "When did he find her in bed?". It was just too much, on both sides of the camera. I thought it was horrible that the cameraman didn't put down the camera or at least have a producer step in and help her, and summon one of the other girls. They just let the Bunko game go on organically until someone heard Vicki bawling.

As for the Meghan/Shannon drama -- totally scripted. There always has to be drama between somebody. And I know Meghan is tall but she has to have the longest neck of anyone I've ever seen besides a giraffe. I don't know what she could do to minimize it other than wear turtlenecks, but it's really strange.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:00 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,500,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
As someone who's had that same type of call (sudden/unexpected death) about my own Mom, I can certainly sympathize with Vicki, but I feel her reaction was over-the-top. First off, it was strange that she asked for a landline. Had she gotten a text from Briana? And if so, why did she just not call her back from her cell? Then, it was like she never "broke character" to even look at the cameraman in distress. She also said a couple things that people on reality shows do all the time....there is a name for it but I forget the term, but it is when they say something unnecessary in dialogue that is just meant to explain to the viewers -- such as, "Jim, your sister Mary is here"....Vicki did it a couple times and I don't remember specifics, but she did it because the phone was not on speaker and we couldn't hear what Briana was saying, so maybe something like, "When did he find her in bed?". It was just too much, on both sides of the camera. I thought it was horrible that the cameraman didn't put down the camera or at least have a producer step in and help her, and summon one of the other girls. They just let the Bunko game go on organically until someone heard Vicki bawling.

As for the Meghan/Shannon drama -- totally scripted. There always has to be drama between somebody. And I know Meghan is tall but she has to have the longest neck of anyone I've ever seen besides a giraffe. I don't know what she could do to minimize it other than wear turtlenecks, but it's really strange.
I agree.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:

Ohhh, interrrresting.

As an aside, did I see Vicki's rear-end wrapped in saran wrap when they were doing the facial whatever?

Pretty sure I did and it was NOT necessary.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:04 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
aside from her over the top behavior, I too found the landline call was odd-very! We don't even know if there was anyone on the other end.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:47 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,240,257 times
Quote:
First off, it was strange that she asked for a landline. Had she gotten a text from Briana? And if so, why did she just not call her back from her cell?
I read somewhere that Bravo records and has the rights to their cell phone conversations. It's very likely that Briana texted Vicky and told her to get to a private line ASAP. This would explain her walking off and not using someone else's phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV