Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 02:35 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I agree with all this. I thought it was just me that felt like this.
I loved season 1 Whitney... who seemed like she was trying to get healthy and seemed like she had a great attitude and there was some sort of sparkle about her personality....

she tried her best to say she is loving her body how it is and also wanting to change for health reasons, but it seems like she has given up on herself and is now - if I'm unhappy then everyone else should be, too!

If she and Lennie break up, there is no doubt in my mind, she'd try to sabotage Buddy's relationship.

She just doesn't seem to be a good friend to anyone, which is so sad! she has so many great friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I saw the first episode of season 3, then I changed my cable subscription so I do not get that channel anymore.

Supposedly Buddy (the male roommate) is dating Whitney's best friend now. I find this odd for two reasons 1. I do not remember ever seeing this "best friend" before (granted I do not pay close attention to the show, lol). 2. They do not at all seem like a likely couple. This "new" girl is attractive, fit, and normal. Buddy, is goofy looking, out of shape, and just overall goofy. It is like they needed some new plots and some eye candy so they brought in this new attractive girl to work into the mix.

I am not sure if we met Heather prior to this, but I can believe her dating Buddy. On her social media accounts that I've seen through Whitney's twitter, it seems like this friend is a single mom. I can see how some of Buddy's traits are attractive, especially once you have children and see the type of man you'd want them to be around. (ie. he seems very loyal, funny, caring)

Old 07-24-2016, 06:40 PM

Anyone see the last episode with the comedian??

Old 07-25-2016, 08:06 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
Yes. (Soooo staged)
However, I'm not sure this will help her (comedian) career. I was appalled.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:19 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Yes. (Soooo staged)
However, I'm not sure this will help her (comedian) career. I was appalled.
I was appalled also. It's one thing to make fun of yourself, but another to make fun of someone else's appearances.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:09 AM

The comedian did a reddit where she said that she was definitely hired to do this, but that her feelings and opinions that she said were not forced. She only said that they definitely made her set appear more mean spirited than it was and that she contractually can't admit to much, but it almost sounds like they hired her to essentially create conflict.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:21 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Do you think she would still have a show if she lost 100 pounds?

I would love to see her contract. I guarantee there is a stipulation that she maintain or even gain MORE weight.

People don;t watch because she is fabulous; they watch because she is fat.

(That's why there is no show "My FIT Fabulous Life.")

Old 07-26-2016, 06:30 AM

I think it is because the Healthy At Every Size movement is gaining a lot of momentum. I think you can be healthy and a little overweight... but not healthy and morbidly obese.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:32 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
She doesn't fit the "healthy" movement. Being morbidly obese is not healthy. She has a show because she is fat. It's the hook, it's why people watch. If she suddenly dropped 100 pounds, no one would watch. You can be healthy and overweight. You cannot be healthy and obese.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:07 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She doesn't fit the "healthy" movement. Being morbidly obese is not healthy. She has a show because she is fat. It's the hook, it's why people watch. If she suddenly dropped 100 pounds, no one would watch. You can be healthy and overweight. You cannot be healthy and obese.
Actually, I would still watch if she lost 100 pounds. She'd still be morbidly obese anyway. She would have to lose 200 pounds at least to be out of the obese category. I doubt they're requiring her to maintain a super morbidly obese weight.

As for the comdian, I thought she was a little harsh. I think Whiney is in some deep denial about her weight though. It's one thing to say you are happy with your size if you are overweight or even slightly obese, but when you are unable to participate in activities that you enjoy due to your size, it is a problem. I think Whitney is in denial that her weight is impacting her life, but it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV