Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 10:40 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times

Advertisements

This season seems to be even more crowded with people every where. Last season had so much blood and junk just thrown in the floors but now it's people, doctors and nurses packing the aisles and spaces. Can't call them cubicles as they are lined up beside each other. Patients just wandering around. I like the show and I like Rob Lowe, didn't think he would fit in but he is good in the part.

Good episode last night.

@jay5835 Thanks, I didn't pick up on that. I knew last season Dr. Guthrie's son had an attitude. But I still don't like Dr. Campbell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 04:48 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
This season seems to be even more crowded with people every where. Last season had so much blood and junk just thrown in the floors but now it's people, doctors and nurses packing the aisles and spaces. Can't call them cubicles as they are lined up beside each other. Patients just wandering around. I like the show and I like Rob Lowe, didn't think he would fit in but he is good in the part.

Good episode last night.

@jay5835 Thanks, I didn't pick up on that. I knew last season Dr. Guthrie's son had an attitude. But I still don't like Dr. Campbell.
I think the crowded ER is pretty realistic for an inner-city community hospital in code black. Every major city has a city owned, community hospital that takes in all the uninsured, homeless, accident victims. They're usually really chaotic.

I agree that Rob Lowe is good in his role. I was leery of his casting because he hasn't been known as a dramatic actor, but I like him a lot. I liked that he was able to help the daughter and her mother to an understanding and acceptance as it's a very tricky subject. Boris Kodjoe's Will Campbell was especially good as he showed some humanity over his not being able to sway the young woman from assisted suicide.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:12 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Boris Kodjoe's Will Campbell was especially good as he showed some humanity over his not being able to sway the young woman from assisted suicide.
Like Carolina Woman, I do not like Will Campbell, but I was even more shocked than he was that Willis actually assisted in Whitney's suicide. My jaw may have literally dropped. I know it did in the figurative sense. Whether this will humanize Campbell for me, I can't say, but I had a dream about Raza Jaffrey last night. I still wish they had not gotten rid of Neal and Christa.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:37 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
okay this show has been cancelled so no more watching this for me and also pure genius has been cancelled also .

Old 11-14-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
okay this show has been cancelled so no more watching this for me and also pure genius has been cancelled also .
This article, dated today, November 14, 2016, says CBS asked for three more episodes of Code Black, bringing the episode count to 16.

Code Black: CBS Wants More Episodes for Season Two - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale

Old 11-14-2016, 09:49 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I think the crowded ER is pretty realistic for an inner-city community hospital in code black. Every major city has a city owned, community hospital that takes in all the uninsured, homeless, accident victims. They're usually really chaotic.

I agree that Rob Lowe is good in his role. I was leery of his casting because he hasn't been known as a dramatic actor, but I like him a lot. I liked that he was able to help the daughter and her mother to an understanding and acceptance as it's a very tricky subject. Boris Kodjoe's Will Campbell was especially good as he showed some humanity over his not being able to sway the young woman from assisted suicide.
Hi March

I agree with what you wrote. But, surgeons aren't the physicians who follow oncology patients. In one way it doesn't matter, this is just entertainment. As long as viewers understand the multiple surgeries done in the E.R. this season don't happen there. And while Code Black tried for medical accuracy last year and came a lot closer then, the show has changed. No resident does a surgery without an attending. I've resigned myself to see the show try to deal with some medical issues, but usually out of context.

No E.R. is going to give an Oncology patient drugs to end her life. It may start a discussion, but no one should go to an ER to thinking an Attending Surgeon and an E.R. doctor are even going to talk about letting an Oncology patient end his/her life. Surgeons turn care over to an oncologist (where is his fictional office to see patients? Campbell is a Trauma Surgeon. He doesn't see oncology patients each month for their visits etc.).

Rob Lowe really does add to the cast, IMO. They have slowed LeeAnn down so she actually talks to her patients some. They've also added interesting new story lines: The Leighton brothers and the Medical Power of Attorney with Angus, not the dad being Mike's voice, the tremor in Dr. Guthrie's hand, the interiworking of different facilities working with the military and all things LeeAnn and maybe Rob Lowe?

MSR

Old 11-19-2016, 10:05 AM

679 posts, read 810,100 times
I really liked season 1, and although Season 2 feels a lot different than season 1, I still find I enjoy it just as much! Rob Lowe's character has been great to watch. I still miss Neal and Christa (mostly Neal) though. Dr. Campbell is becoming more tolerable but I still don't like him.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:10 AM

I am hating Season 2. They know they have to soften their two monsters, so they created that prison storyline to get us to like Heather, then attempted to humanize Campbell by sending him out on that mission with Rob Lowe that ended up with their drinking vodka together. The height of bogosity. If they didn't want monsters, they should have kept Christa and Neal and fired the monsters. Oh, and they can send Rob Lowe's character back to the military branch from which he hails from any time they like. I will shed no tears if he disappears.

The worst part about Code Black, though, is its timeslot. I'm one of those oddballs who would rather watch a program IRT, and Code Black is up against two of my favorites, Designated Survivor and Chicago PD. Designated Survivor wins, and I end up forgetting to watch Chicago PD and Code Black (yes, I know about DVR--I don't want one). I wish CBS would put both Code Black and Madam Secretary on Fridays before Blue Bloods. That would be must-see TV.

Last edited by jay5835; 11-19-2016 at 11:21 AM..

Old 11-24-2016, 10:42 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
In real life could they continue treating them once everyone said they did not want to be treated??

Old 11-26-2016, 08:52 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
The worst part about Code Black, though, is its timeslot. I'm one of those oddballs who would rather watch a program IRT, and Code Black is up against two of my favorites, Designated Survivor and Chicago PD. Designated Survivor wins, and I end up forgetting to watch Chicago PD and Code Black (yes, I know about DVR--I don't want one). I wish CBS would put both Code Black and Madam Secretary on Fridays before Blue Bloods. That would be must-see TV.
I can't stand to watch anything in real time. A 60-minute show can be watched in about 40 minutes if you have a DVR. I just don't have that much time to waste sitting through commercials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV