Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:02 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,233,634 times

Advertisements

Well here we are in early March 2016. Not any postings about the current season ending next Monday. It came on as a 5 episode story. Now does the only one show left tag refer to the season on the end of Major Crimes??? The TNT website gives no clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 11:44 AM

1,088 posts, read 1,472,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Well here we are in early March 2016. Not any postings about the current season ending next Monday. It came on as a 5 episode story. Now does the only one show left tag refer to the season on the end of Major Crimes??? The TNT website gives no clue.
The five episode "arc" concluding next week marks the end of Season 4. The show went on hiatus in December after 18 episodes which ended the contracted number of episodes for the season. The five episodes that started in February are "bonus" episodes to Season 4 bringing the total to 23.

The show has been renewed for a 13-episode 5th season scheduled to start in the "Summer". They will most likely add more episodes unless the ratings take an unexpected nosedive.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:57 AM

Default A great Darth Raydor montage!

I found this on YouTube and had to share- Raydor

What makes me appreciate her character even more is knowing that Mary McDonnell is one of the most genuinely friendly celebrities that you'll ever meet!

Old 03-08-2016, 01:39 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,662,193 times
I really liked The Closer, much more than Major Crimes! Wish they'd come up with another show for that actress!

Old 03-08-2016, 02:11 PM

12,439 posts, read 8,233,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I really liked The Closer, much more than Major Crimes! Wish they'd come up with another show for that actress!
She has a reoccurring role as a NYPD Chief on Brooklyn Nine Nine

Old 03-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Are you talking about Kyra Sedgwick (Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson from 'The Closer')? She was the one who decided to end 'The Closer' after seven seasons because she was tired of doing a regular tv series. Most of her previous work was in movies. She also wanted to give her husband, Kevin Bacon, an opportunity to pursue more work after focusing their lives on her series for seven years.

So it's not a matter of them coming up with a show for her. It's a matter of her not wanting to do a show.

I won't deny that it's a very different show, despite so many familiar faces. But I still enjoy it.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:39 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,927,747 times
I like Rusty.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I like Rusty.
So do I. There are a lot of Rusty 'haters' out there. If you read some of the episode reviews on various TV/Entertainment sites, it's amazing how many people hate the Sharon/Rusty story line and relationship. But I really like it.

I also enjoy the relationships he has with most of the other characters. It's always funny watching Provenza when he thinks the gay topic is going to come up. It's obvious that he loves Rusty, though.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:53 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,318,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoZoom View Post
I found this on YouTube and had to share- Raydor

What makes me appreciate her character even more is knowing that Mary McDonnell is one of the most genuinely friendly celebrities that you'll ever meet!
I've never watched Major Crimes, but loved the head butting between her character and Brenda. The really odd thing was how it felt like Rosyln, the President in Battlestar Galactica, had been reborn in a more mundane world.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I've never watched Major Crimes, but loved the head butting between her character and Brenda. The really odd thing was how it felt like Rosyln, the President in Battlestar Galactica, had been reborn in a more mundane world.
I've never seen Battlestar Galactica, so I'm not sure what that character was like. But the Sharon Raydor on Major Crimes is a bit different than she was on The Closer.

Raydor was introduced in Season Five as an antagonist/adversary of Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (I just like saying/typing her full title and name the way she always said it). =) She wasn't very likable but a lot of the scenes between the two were priceless!

In Season 7 of The Closer (the final season), the two become much less adversarial and seem to respect if not actually like one another. They had to do that to start humanizing Raydor so fans would like her enough to watch Major Crimes. She's still a great character, just different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV