Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 04:50 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,603,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
I thought it was pretend Sansa in the books, but it's been a while since I read them...

In the books, it was fake-Arya, impersonated by Jeyne Poole, who married Ramsay Bolton.

Jeyne Poole was the daughter of the Steward of Winterfell. She grew up as Sansa's best friend and companion, and was close to her in age. Jeyne accompanied Sansa to King's Landing. When the Lannisters struck down all the Stark guards and retainers; they killed Jeyne's father. Jeyne was staying with Sansa and was frightened and upset. Cersei ordered her taken away from Sansa; and Littlefinger offered to take her. Sansa never saw her again.

When Jeyne reappeared in later books, it was as "Arya Stark", who the Lannisters sent North to marry Ramsay; though they knew that she was not really Arya. Jeyne is about 13, 14 at the most, when she nervously marries Ramsay; with Theon (as a reluctant accomplice) as a witness. Ramsay abuses Jeyne horribly. Jeyne implies that she had also been beaten and otherwise abused while in Littlefinger's control; Ramsay alludes to her having been "trained" to please men (presumably in one of Littlefinger's brothels). Theon observes whip-scars on her back.

Theon, with the help of others (who don't survive), escapes with the terrified Jeyne, they jump from the walls of Winterfell, the snow breaks their fall and they flee and are found by Stannis and his armies. Jeyne is sent to the Wall; she has a frostbitten nose that she is in danger of losing. Theon is detained and imprisoned by Stannis, who intends to execute him.

Meanwhile, Sansa is in the Vale, pretending to be Littlefinger's bastard daughter; hosting for him and flirting with Vale-knights while babysitting Robin Arryn (who doesn't know she's his cousin) and contemplating a possible match with a young knight named Harry, who is the next heir to the Eyrie after Robin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 08:58 AM

677 posts, read 652,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
he had the original three books somewhat planned out, which is why they came out in a relatively short time span - 1996, 1998 and 2000. However, when he was a good ways into book 4, he decided it wasn't working, so had to rework almost everything he wrote, and then he later broke it into two books that focused on mostly different characters. Then, when A Dance with Dragons came out, he said he took so much time out to publicize both his new book and the TV show that he lost writing momentum
Not entirely true but close. From the start book 4 was a new venture, as originally he planned to skip forward in time, but then chose to write the intermediary period. Book 4 didn't take so many rewrites, it's just that it became so massive that it had to be split, and he chose the stupid decision to break it apart geographically, splitting some characters out to the second (i.e. fifth) book.

That didn't really slow down book 4. What it slowed down was book 5. Book 5 was supposed to be a quick write since a large chunk of it was just the sections cut from book 4. But instead virtually all of that wound up rewritten, and the writing of book 5 took forever with rewrites and reworkings.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:02 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,956,682 times
season 7 is likely delayed?

Game of Thrones Season 7 Delayed: Find Out Why the Wait Will Be Even Longer Than Usual | E! News

Old 07-07-2016, 11:30 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Well I am not too worried. Since it's a season that is three episodes shorter, maybe it will balance out. I will say I am ready for the series to end and I mean that in a good way. Now that we are getting to the end I just want to see how it ends and what Westeros will be like at the series finale.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:44 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Longer wait - less Episodes - Sucks...........

Old 07-08-2016, 03:20 PM

212 posts, read 417,551 times
I ask again - where is Gendry? Is he still rowing? Will he play any part in the final game?

Old 07-08-2016, 05:48 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
I ask again - where is Gendry? Is he still rowing? Will he play any part in the final game?
If you look very closely in the scene at the end, with Danaerys on the ship, queen of the world headed towards Westeros, way off in the distance you can see Gendry rowing his boat.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:12 PM

HA Ha! Really? The war will be over by the time he gets there. Poor Gendry, I had high hopes for him.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:58 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
If you look very closely in the scene at the end, with Danaerys on the ship, queen of the world headed towards Westeros, way off in the distance you can see Gendry rowing his boat.

And shouting "I'm the King of the World !"

Old 07-10-2016, 02:37 PM

He might be if they all annihilate each other by the time he gets there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV