Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:24 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,689 times

Advertisements

I really like Matt and Redmond, but they seem to have had plenty of fulfillment and recognition in their lives, so they don't really need an Amazing Race win to validate their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 01:50 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Of the three teams, I'd like to see Logan & London win. I absolutely can't stand Brooke. Either Scott has amazing patience or Brooke isn't as bad as she's being portrayed. She grates on my nerves and I yell at her through the TV "Brooke, SHUT UP". Whine, witch, cry, scream, blame Scott or others, ad nauseum.

I like Tara, but Joey can go the way of Brooke. Maybe Scott and Tara should have paired up, and Joey and Brooke.

The L's are okay. They didn't really stand out, and I didn't really follow them, but they're compatible, don't whine and fight, and seem to like each other. So, I'll be good if they win. I rarely remember too many of the teams, but some are memorable. I don't think Logan/Landon will be memorable.

I also used to get upset when teams were bunched up at airports, or at exhibits that didn't open until morning, but this season, they've bunched them all at the airport every leg of their trips. It would be nice if they'd go back to some more classic twists and turns.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:39 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
All the strong teams are getting eliminated. After the first 3 episode it was clear TeamFun and Theboys were lighttime ahead of rest of the team. But they r both gone. The existing team none of them are good but somehow made it. I guess thats real life for u, obvious is never obvious. On other than I would love to visit South Korea for the culture aspect. Dont care for Vietnam

Old 05-28-2017, 09:45 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
All the strong teams are getting eliminated. After the first 3 episode it was clear TeamFun and Theboys were lighttime ahead of rest of the team. But they r both gone. The existing team none of them are good but somehow made it. I guess thats real life for u, obvious is never obvious. On other than I would love to visit South Korea for the culture aspect. Dont care for Vietnam
Sad thing is the strongest team of all, forget their names, got eliminated thanks to a U-turn early on. On some level is adds intrigue to have U-turns, but I'd much prefer TAR not have them so that the strongest teams have a fair chance without being targeted in that way.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:02 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Sad thing is the strongest team of all, forget their names, got eliminated thanks to a U-turn early on. On some level is adds intrigue to have U-turns, but I'd much prefer TAR not have them so that the strongest teams have a fair chance without being targeted in that way.
I actually wrote that teams name too Seth & Oliva in my initial comment but I wasn't sure if that was their name so took it off

Old 05-28-2017, 03:15 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I actually wrote that teams name too Seth & Oliva in my initial comment but I wasn't sure if that was their name so took it off
They went out early enough I couldn't recall their names either. She reminded me of another blond that was maybe a little smaller than her but was a dynamo, one of the best contestants ever when her team won their season. Don't recall her name but they had a challenge where one of the team members had to throw bales of hay down and the other one had to stack it properly. I was amazed they finished before two strong young guys. Her partner kept throwing them down, she got overwhelmed but struggled on and got the job done.

Not much left of the season unfortunately. Still waiting for Hulu to get the previous season which is the only one I haven't watched yet.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:40 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
That Brooke needs to learn how to use an indoor voice. I swear she screams too much and at everything. Very annoying. Did much care for Tara's partner mocking the video gamer guys. They weren't acting from malice but simply doing what they were asked to do. It wasn't their fault she was awful. Not a good look for that dude. Was hoping Matt got a chance to run the entire race. Like him and his attitude.

Seoul looked really interesting. The direction on TMR really makes cities look great. Like to visit.

On a side note, I miss the airport action and flights. That was always interesting and a game changer. Now they all have the same flights and there's no scrambling. I understand it's probably a function of the times but I do miss that. The train/taxi thing proved transportation can make the difference. They need to somehow re-introduce that factor more.
I miss the airport drama too. There were times when it was too much and it felt like half the episode was taken up by airport drama but much of the time, it was fun to watch. I've read production budget cuts have made it so that they just get the cheap tickets on the same flight much of the time now. Also, many seasons ago I believe they implemented a rule that once you had bought plane tickets, you couldn't change them which eliminated scrambling to find a better flight in a layover city that used to happen.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:44 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
I still feel like I couldn't pick Logan out of a lineup. Even if you showed me pictures of everyone from this season, I still don't know if I could pick out with absolutely confidence which one is Logan. I feel like we only ever see and hear from London, which isn't a problem, she's a cute girl, but still, where has Logan been?

Old 05-30-2017, 08:54 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
London has some intense eyes! So when the team is on screen I really only stare at her eyes. lol Logan also seems pretty quiet as a person.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:00 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I still feel like I couldn't pick Logan out of a lineup. Even if you showed me pictures of everyone from this season, I still don't know if I could pick out with absolutely confidence which one is Logan. I feel like we only ever see and hear from London, which isn't a problem, she's a cute girl, but still, where has Logan been?
Which almost seems counterintuitive because he's so good looking, and people like that usually stand out. But you're right, he just sort of fades into the background. Not sure if that's because he doesn't have a loud, brash personality, purposeful editing on the part of the Producers, or both.

I was pulling for Matt and Redmond, but as several people have pointed out, if the team of the physically strongest and/or most cooperative teammates always won, the entire show would be pretty pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV