Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 06:24 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,112,574 times

Advertisements

I bet Ken is kicking himself that he didn't get rid of Adam and kept Dave in the game. He would have saved face regarding loyalty and maybe would have had some votes...

I am glad filthy Hannah didn't get any votes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 06:30 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Alright, my thoughts. I thought that was a crazy and very fun finale! I honestly had no idea who was going to win, even during the jury questions I went back and forth! At first, when David was voted out, I immediately said "Well, I guess Adam wins." And it seemed to be going that way at the beginning of the jury questions. Then it started to lean more toward Ken and I thought "Wow, maybe Ken will win this." Then it seemed to start leaning toward Hannah and I was thinking "Wow, maybe Hannah really could win this!" And then the last few of Jay, Chris, and David sealed it for me that Adam was winning. I didn't think it would be unanimous but I figured he won at that point.

Hannah I thought had an amazing final tribal council. She really stood up for herself but I think it was too little too late. She tried to own all the gameplay elements and I think she honestly may have come on too strong for this jury. Ken.... I don't know. I don't get all the love for Ken winning. Yes, he was a nice guy. Yes he was loyal almost to the end. But while he really played up the loyalty part, David, easily his closest ally since the very beginning, was sitting on the jury because of him. And he really never owned up to that. He never said he had no choice but to vote David out because he knew he had no shot next to him. That was my biggest problem with Ken. He talked about his loyalty being the reason he should win. But in the end, he wasn't loyal. He should have dropped the loyalty idea and owned the David vote, saying he made the biggest move in the game when he really needed to.

Adam had a good but not great final tribal. His biggest problem was Hannah came out swinging. But the biggest thing going for him was the jury respected his game play. Last season with a more bitter jury, I think Ken wins.

As much as it pains me to take away Yau-Man's amazing fake immunity idol, David's fake idol last night was a work of genius! Even hiding it in the fake coconut and painting the symbol on it. And it was a good looking idol! At first, I wasn't sure what exactly the point was. But then I thought about it and Jay finding that idol meant he was much less likely to try to scramble and make moves because he would think he was still safe.

Still, congrats to Adam on the win! He had several blunders this season but he somehow overcame them all. He desperately tried to get David out so he saw what the jury saw long ago, that David was by far the biggest threat. Look at how often the jury referred to David. The final tribal was almost more about him than the three finalists! The jury wanted the finalists to see David as the huge threat he was and Adam was the only one that saw that. Ken kept following him. Hannah kept him around for whatever crazy reason. Adam repeatedly tried to get him out. His failure to do so wasn't really his fault and the jury saw that and respected the fact that he was at least trying.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:32 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post

ETA, I agree that Chris was an ahole. You could tell he was so bitter every tribal council. He hated Ken, who never did anything to him. Idk why. And where does he get off telling others how to vote? So what that you're a trial lawyer, dude? It didn't help you make it to the end, did it?!?
As a Trial Lawyer he felt he was above the other losers and had an obligation to instruct them on what needed to be done.

Last edited by longneckone; 12-15-2016 at 07:46 AM..

Old 12-15-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Now he'll always have to wonder if he won because of sympathy, or because of his game.
If it were me for a Million bucks I would not care.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:07 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
As a Trial Lawyer he felt he was above the other losers and had an obligation to instruct them on what needed to be done.
I can see that. Unfortunately for him, Chris didn't realize that that kind of arrogant pomposity and bossiness was probably a big part of why he was sitting in the jury instead of with the finalists, and why lawyers are consistently rated as the most despised profession.

I still think that Ken deserved to win. I wish he would've spoken better for himself to the jury. He should have hammered home his acheviements: winning 4 immunities, always working around camp, providing food for everyone with his fishing, and (the biggest one of all) that HE took out David. Idk if it would have saved him from Adam's seeming sympathy-win, but it certainly would have been worth a try.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:17 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I really really don't like Adam' win and resent feeling like I'm some sort of beeotch because his mother had cancer. Which makes me dislike his win even more.

The whole tribal council thing felt flat to me, like everyone knew that you can't fight a guy whose crying because his mother has cancer.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:25 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
My DVR messed up and I only saw the parts after Jay was gone. Seriously bummed out but oh well. I knew Adam would win if he got rid of David. That was his only play and it worked. No way the other 2 win. They simply didn't do much and weren't liked much. Hannah won't be quiet - ever, and Ken won't talk. Can't like that. Anyhoo, I don't think Adam won on sympathy votes, I think he got a clean sweep because of that but wins no matter what.

I like the way they washed over stoner-Failures and his kid. The audience is left with, 'oh hey, he's a scumbag!!' haha Well deserved.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:31 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I really really don't like Adam' win and resent feeling like I'm some sort of beeotch because his mother had cancer. Which makes me dislike his win even more.

The whole tribal council thing felt flat to me, like everyone knew that you can't fight a guy whose crying because his mother has cancer.
My own sentiments exactly. The minute he played the cancer mom card I realized he had been very smart to keep that mostly under his hat until Final Tribal. Had he played it sooner, they would have realized that he was as dangerous as David or Bret in the end. Fact is, she was dying, and none of this money was going to help her. In fact, at that point, odds were good she would be months deceased by the time the winner was learned (and that turned out to be correct, unless everyone broke draconian contracts).

Old 12-15-2016, 08:33 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Ken should have won this season, imho.....
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
We thought here that he really thought it was an idol and was being smug to the others because he 'was saved again'. Then again we were laughing so hard about him playing a fake idol we could have interpreted it wrong too.
Glad that is over. I was loling so hard at Jay's reaction to the fake idol! I was disgusted at his commentaries about "the LOSERS" he was walking behind. He thought he had it "made in the shade". LMAO.....LOSER!!

How come Hannah always was so dirty? I hate to think of how lovely she must have smelled even to the others who at least looked like they went into the ocean occasionally. Yuk.

I don't get how Dimples could say "best ever" Survivor over and over. Except for TCs, it was the almost worst. (#32)

It was fun, as usual, guys. Thanks to our Jax for all you do. See ya all in March, Lord willing.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:03 AM

During the last segment when they were all there who was the guy in the back with the long white hair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV