Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 08:23 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times

Advertisements

It's no wonder Jon cheated...what guy wouldn't jump at the chance to be treated special and spoken to in loving and admiring ways rather than the way Kate talked to him. Some young girl paying attention to him and admiring him is no contest to Kate's verbal abuse.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:24 PM

Did anybody catch the name of the company (or phone number) to that company in Maine that built those "crooked houses"?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:30 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,338,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Wait till the money runs out and she ends up on meth.

don't take this the wrong way but I laughed when I saw your screen name after this comment!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:30 PM

Funny how Kate now says she never wanted to do it all alone. The way she knocked anything that Jon did...she'd like us to believe that he has been doing nothing and she's been doing it all alone...all along. Personally, for the kids, I thought Jon's laid-backness was a perfect balance to her OCD ways. Two opposite extremes probably worked well for the kids. Without this, I fear the kids will all end up neurotic (i.e., Maddie) with Kate's style of raising kids. Granted, it was bad for J&K's relationship...but it was just what the kids needed.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Wait till the money runs out and she ends up on meth.
I think the "crooked" haunted house will double as a Meth lab. If anyone sees propane cylinders piling up next to it...I'd be suspicious.

Last edited by jfkIII; 06-23-2009 at 09:08 PM..

Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,893 times
[quote=Sunil's Dad;9418931][quote=JerseyG;9418591]

[No, but you sure have a lot to say about his "bling" earrings. How soon we forget..............What does that have to do with Jon's worth as a father?]

Most men take their earrings out in their 30's, not get double piercings. And it has the same thing to do with his worth as a father that Kate's hair/tummy tuck has to do with her worth as a mother.

Quote:
OK......so how do you explain Kate's nasty behavior? She treats her children badly as well. And why do you continue to attack Jon for his bling and hair plugs repeatedly? You're not being fair.........If I didn't know any better, I'd think you had an agenda........
I don't see her as treating her children badly. Never did. I see her as the type of mother I wish more of my friends would be to their kids...I can't stand children who run all over their parents and in turn, everyone else around them. I'm totally not sure what you mean by agenda?

Quote:
You seem to have so many things prescribed and proscribed for Jon to do. What about Kate? Oh, I get it. She's perfect. She had nothing to do with this split.........
Ok, that's fair. My issue with Jon is that he stepped out on his wife in public with other women while they were "supposedly" working on things. His attitude about being excited to start anew also bugs the heck out of me.

Quote:
I think Jon has tried to communicate with his spouse. She's the one whose head was so high up in the clouds with her own self-importance to hear him. So he gave up.
He's known to say that he's not great at communicating.

Quote:
What? Kate wasn't cheating with her Kiwi bodyguard? My bad.
She's denied it, he's denied it...there are no pictures unlike Jon boy.

I would "spin" it to mean, simply, that he is tired of her antics. And what sane man would not be?

Quote:
Have you had relationship problems? You seem to have some esoteric expertise on this marriage..........
Huh? Not even close. I was, however, good friends with a couple (not as many kids) who acted the same way. It was "poor husband" and "what a biotch that wife of his is"....unless you knew what went on behind the scenes and I did. They got to be too much and when they moved 4 years ago my husband and I slowly stopped all contact. Too draining.

Quote:
I think you're the one with the issues. I watch the show, and I see how the interpersonal dynamic goes. You seem to think it's OK for Kate to be the insane, controllling, domineering b---h she is, and that Jon should just sit there passively and take whatever abuse she dishes out.
I don't see her as insane. I see her as a woman who has 8 kids and a house she needs to manage. I see her obvious contempt toward Mr. Passive/Agressive as just that.

Quote:
You have no idea what my perception of sex roles within a marriage is. I suggest you get over your myopic set of assumptions and think a little bit.
Oh come on...if Kate was kissing Jon's behind and "yessing him" all the time and the house was a mess and the kids were dirty and living off of fast food and everything was done half-arsed who would everyone still be blaming? Kate.

Obviously they weren't happy. IMO he went about everything regarding the ending of the marriage like a whiney 22 year old. Total turn off and I could care less how he was treated by anyone because of it.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
[quote=JerseyG;9435679][quote=Sunil's Dad;9418931][quote=JerseyG;9418591]

[No, but you sure have a lot to say about his "bling" earrings. How soon we forget..............What does that have to do with Jon's worth as a father?]

Quote:
Most men take their earrings out in their 30's, not get double piercings. And it has the same thing to do with his worth as a father that Kate's hair/tummy tuck has to do with her worth as a mother.
I know men of all ages who wear earrings......YOU were the first to bring up the bling and used it to bolster your laughable claims of his incompetence as a father. Why can't you remember this?

Quote:
I don't see her as treating her children badly. Never did. I see her as the type of mother I wish more of my friends would be to their kids...I can't stand children who run all over their parents and in turn, everyone else around them.
I can't either. But I also can't stand people who act like Kate.

Quote:
I'm totally not sure what you mean by agenda?
Your biases (anti-Jon, anti-male, pro-Kate) permeate all of your statements, and you can't seem to look at this issue with any sense of fairness.

Ok, that's fair. My issue with Jon is that he stepped out on his wife in public with other women while they were "supposedly" working on things.

Quote:
His attitude about being excited to start anew also bugs the heck out of me.
As much as I hate divorce, if there's a guy who should not have been married, it was Jon Gosselin. Problem is, he waited until after he had 8 kids to figure that out.

Quote:

Yeh, that is obvious. Still, not a reason for her to "communicate" the way she does.

Quote:
There are lots of pix of her together with the bodyguard.

Quote:
Huh? Not even close. I was, however, good friends with a couple (not as many kids) who acted the same way. It was "poor husband" and "what a biotch that wife of his is"....unless you knew what went on behind the scenes and I did. They got to be too much and when they moved 4 years ago my husband and I slowly stopped all contact. Too draining.
What went on behind the scenes?

Quote:
I don't see her as insane. I see her as a woman who has 8 kids and a house she needs to manage. I see her obvious contempt toward Mr. Passive/Agressive as just that.
Some of the things she has said to him, and some of the things she has berated him for are beyond picayune. The woman is petty and mentally ill.

Quote:
Oh come on...if Kate was kissing Jon's behind and "yessing him" all the time and the house was a mess and the kids were dirty and living off of fast food and everything was done half-arsed who would everyone still be blaming? Kate.
That is mere speculation and has no basis in the actual facts (that are known) about what is going on in that relationship.

Quote:
Obviously they weren't happy. IMO he went about everything regarding the ending of the marriage like a whiney 22 year old. Total turn off and I could care less how he was treated by anyone because of it.
Again, this speaks to your biases, not any objective assessment of the situation.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:18 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,562 times
[quote=JerseyG;9435679][quote=Sunil's Dad;9418931]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post

I don't see her as treating her children badly. Never did. I see her as the type of mother I wish more of my friends would be to their kids...I can't stand children who run all over their parents and in turn, everyone else around them. I'm totally not sure what you mean by agenda?

Ok, that's fair. My issue with Jon is that he stepped out on his wife in public with other women while they were "supposedly" working on things. His attitude about being excited to start anew also bugs the heck out of me.

I would "spin" it to mean, simply, that he is tired of her antics. And what sane man would not be?

good post---you make sense---i don't think all the kate haters want to be in her shoes nor would they stay married to a man like jon--no job---no direction--poor communicator---whiny----he could probably turn mother theresa into an angry woman!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:22 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
[quote=returningtonepa???;9436111][quote=JerseyG;9435679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post

good post---you make sense---i don't think all the kate haters want to be in her shoes nor would they stay married to a man like jon--no job---no direction--poor communicator---whiny----he could probably turn mother theresa into an angry woman!
Kate could certainly drive any man to suicidal ideation............

Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM

I don't know...both Kate and Jon seem a little unstable to me right now. I just hope that she doesn't drown those kids in a bathtub, like that whacky mom from TX did a few years back. Her husband was kind of like a Jon type.

And I hope he doesn't become one these Daddy Killers who kills his whole family before killing himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV