Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,514,009 times

Advertisements

Production hiatus/network decision--next new episode scheduled for Aug 3.--6/40 episodes filmed--

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

From that I infer that the contractual obligations will result in something similar to 'specials'.

With the kids in school full time what could really be filmed even without the impending divorce?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,957,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Production hiatus/network decision--next new episode scheduled for Aug 3.--6/40 episodes filmed--

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

From that I infer that the contractual obligations will result in something similar to 'specials'.

With the kids in school full time what could really be filmed even without the impending divorce?

It would have been more appropriate if TLC just did one year specials to show how the kids have grown etc when they knew that Kate and Jon were having marital problems and saw how the children's best interest and safety was put at risk by certain paparazzi.

Regarding what can be filmed while the kids are in school, they will probably show them around dinner time and on Saturdays etc, but Kate has been known to take the kids out of school for filming purposes and photo opportunities, I'm sure it will happen on occasion.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:32 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,602,765 times
Let me add if I may: I will admit I watch some reality shows, heck they have taken over the airwaves, but really has it occured to anyone how scripted and planned this whole divorce thing is? Really how all of it is just some writers idea? Make Kate a b ! t c h make John the victim, make Kate the mean MaMa, make John the guy who needs another womans shoulder to lean on and feel better because he has a broom hilda for a wife

Give me a flipping break...the rumors start...they are all over the rag mags and then they make it a part of their show. I mean c'mon the show isn't live. I think I feel a migraine coming on. Ok I've said my piece, I'm done!!!!! Please for the sake of those poor children, boycott this retched excuse for entertainment!!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,957,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
only watched last night's show-barely.............enough to see that Kate seems bitter and bitchy and Jon seems resigned.
Seriously, Kate has such a chip on her shoulder that I'm surprised she can walk upright.

To me it seemed she was being more of a victim rather than being angry. The first episode of the season she was pretty t'd off.

I saw a statement from her that said "Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children"

I wonder if he blew his stack or if she is referring to him being caught with the plastic surgeon's 20 something year old daughter.

She is not doing her children any favors by making a statement like that. I saw a comment here that Jon is bashing Kate behind the scenes, I consider this bashing as well, and inappropriate for someone that wants to protect her children and remain "friends" with her estranged husband.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,464,034 times
My husband and I watched the show last night and we collectively thanked God that when times were hard in our 23 years of marriage, we didn't give up and throw the towel in. That would have been the easy way out. Instead, we sought the help of a counselor and today our marriage is solid. Not every day is perfect, but most days are good. We are committed to one another and our marriage. As we watched the show, we both had tears in our eyes. The breakup of a marriage/family is an incredibly sad thing.

I think Jon and Kate have become selfish. I wish they would have sought counseling. I feel that with so much at stake and so much lost, they should have at least TRIED.

It's going to be interesting to see how the divorce affects the childrens behavior. It certainly won't be positive. Children tend to act out when there is trouble in the home. Mady and Cara have become obnoxious. They sense better than the little kids somethings wrong. Kate may put on a happy face, but kids see right through that.

Down the road things are going to get so complicated. Dating others, remarriages, step-children, new in-laws. Makes my head spin.

We said a prayer for Jon, Kate and the kids last night.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 AM

862 posts, read 1,645,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
While I agree with you that it was kind of stupid that Jon got both his ears pierced, I am surprised at your double standard way of thinking. What Kate's hair do, her plastic surgery, her tattooed ankle, her new expanded wardrobe, her tanning and going to the "spa" as she calls it is JUST as bad as Jon getting earrings. It's ok for her to splurge all kinds of money and time on herself but not Jon ? I disagree.

Isn't this exactly what Kate said in last night's episode ?? He admitted to being passive on last night's episode, and that it caught up with him. What would you have to say if he put her in her place every time she spoke to him as if he was a child and rolled her eyes when he DID express his feelings ? What if the news got out that he hauled off and slapped that dead beaver hair do off her head ? Then you'd be mad that he was being agressive.

unfortunately for who? His life hasn't been a picnic living with her, I sure as hell wouldn't live with someone that acts like her.

Yes and so did she. But apparently it's ok that she is gone most of the time with a male body guard by her side traipsing all over the country, after talking Jon into quitting his job to stay home with the kids.

Do you live in that house with them ? Are you one of Kate's confidant's ? How do you know exactly what happened ? You don't know if and how many times he expressed his feelings towards her. None of us really do.

Yes, you keep repeating that over and over, we get it.

And there is a difference between being passive agressive, and being outright agressive. Again, you'd be tearing him to pieces if he put her in her place, which I think he should have done a long time ago.

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with a woman being strong and being able to take care of herself and her kids without a man. However, it doesn't make it right for a woman to be verbally and emotionally abusive to anyone. You fail to see or admit that Kate had anything to do with the failure of this marriage. She even admitted that she was too hard on him, but it was too little too late.

I don't think that Jon is entirely innocent in this situation at all. The way he is behaving now reminds me of a 20 something year old. However, ever since a couple of seasons ago when I noticed that Kate was always correcting him, sometimes to the point where she was berating him, I knew that this marriage was going to end. Nobody in their right mind would take that, and if the shoe were on the other foot where he was constantly talking down to her and being a control freak, we would be having an entirely different situation between them.
Excellent post!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM

88 posts, read 203,925 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I can't wait for SNL to do a Gosselin skit.
LOL never thought of that until you said it, but you're right, that's gonna be GREAT!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,644,439 times
TLC just announced they have halted production of J&K Plus 8.

Thank goodness!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,464,034 times
Yeah, I'm glad to hear it too. The American public has a short attention span. By the time the show returns most people won't care. The ratings will fall, imo.

On a side note....I hated it when HBO let an eternity of time go by between seasons (episodes) of The Sopranos and Six Feet Under.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:25 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,540,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
TLC just announced they have halted production of J&K Plus 8.

Thank goodness!!!!!!
Only because they have no good juice new footage. The will have fresh new juice stuff for the public Aug. 8th. Unless there is a up to date moments ago report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.