Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 AM

15 posts, read 8,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Pretty disappointed with the outcome, but then again this entire season wasn't all that great. Nicole is not a good BB player. She never even had a strategy of "laying low," that wasn't her mindset. She was so obsessed with being Corey's snugglebuddy, she forgot there was a BB game going on around her. Corey's bromance with Paulie is the only thing that kept her safe as a veteran. Nicole did not set that up on purpose, it just "happened" for her.

Paul was the best player in BB18 by far (even though he was annoying sometimes). I wish the jury would have voted strictly on game play and not just that all the women wanted a female winner. Because if we were to actually sit down and compare notes day to day, week to week, on who played a better game, Paul would destroy Nicole.

I think of some of the greatest BB players in history. A lot of them didn't even win. And then you think Nicole....NICOLE got a win? Like, seriously? LOL
My sentiments exactly! Glad its over and glad Victor won AFP....I would have knocked myself out if james took it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 08:07 AM

794 posts, read 1,326,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
THANK GOODNESS IT IS OVER AND PAUL LOST!

Well, he didn't really lose as he got $50,000 for being a AH+++. So what if he KNOWS what he is...doesn't make it right.
Agreed. Kind of shocked that Nicole (of all people) won but I'm glad Paul didn't. It isn't about Paul winning the money that would have bothered me, but the "win" itself. He is already so freaking cocky.

And, I'm proud of Davonne. I know she wasn't wild about Nicole but she put that aside and voted for who she thought was the best player. Natalie too.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:39 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,115,390 times
I am fed up with them breaking for commercials right after they announce the winner.
Julie Chen say congratulations Nicole, and then "stay with us" I want to smack her!

...And did anyone else catch Joseah swishing around the stage like a fairy!
I can't stand him!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Pretty disappointed with the outcome, but then again this entire season wasn't all that great. Nicole is not a good BB player. She never even had a strategy of "laying low," that wasn't her mindset. She was so obsessed with being Corey's snugglebuddy, she forgot there was a BB game going on around her. Corey's bromance with Paulie is the only thing that kept her safe as a veteran. Nicole did not set that up on purpose, it just "happened" for her.

Paul was the best player in BB18 by far (even though he was annoying sometimes). I wish the jury would have voted strictly on game play and not just that all the women wanted a female winner. Because if we were to actually sit down and compare notes day to day, week to week, on who played a better game, Paul would destroy Nicole.

I think of some of the greatest BB players in history. A lot of them didn't even win. And then you think Nicole....NICOLE got a win? Like, seriously? LOL
Can't rep you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I am fed up with them breaking for commercials right after they announce the winner.
Julie Chen say congratulations Nicole, and then "stay with us" I want to smack her!

...And did anyone else catch Joseah swishing around the stage like a fairy!
I can't stand him!
That is a person I never want to see on my tv again!!! Friggin flamer.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:59 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
I always start out saying I'm not going to watch another year of BB but I always get sucked in. It's my guilty pleasure. What I won't do however, is pay to watch the CBS All Access version. That seems ridiculous.
Because it is LOL. We love BB too, probably a top 5 show for me (addiction wise). But to pay for it? Nope. I'll follow it on the BB forums just for kicks, probably.

My biggest gripe with folks on the BB forums who think Nicole played a good game is that her being safe for so long wasn't her doing. Paulie ran the house for the first 10 weeks. Corey & Paulie fell in love week 1. By default, Nic being Corey's girl made her safe too.

It wasn't some strategy of Nicole's like "Hmmm, if my boyfriend is in a bromace with the most powerful player, then I'll be safe!" That thought never crossed her mind. The fact that her being shielded by Paulie (through being Corey's best bro) was 100% luck. it wasn't some brilliant strategic move, Nicole didn't do anything to make that happen for herself. That's why I was so disappointed to see her win.

Paul survived the block 6 times. That's insane. He also won his fair share of comps and was able to battle back from being associated with Jozea & Victor to being aligned with the house leader at the time (Paulie).

Last edited by skins_fan82; 09-22-2016 at 02:26 PM..

Old 09-22-2016, 02:20 PM

693 posts, read 1,041,362 times
Wasn't excited about seeing Nicole win. Yes, she stepped up her game towards the end by winning comps, but really her only competition was Paul and Victor. Paul, on the other hand, boasted how many times he was on the block and survived, BUT how many of times was he a pawn or volunteered?

Although this was no where near one of my top seasons, it was better than the last two IMO. No, I won't be watching the online version, but might watch next Summer.

It was fun sharing thoughts/opinions with y'all. Until next Summer . . .

Old 09-22-2016, 02:28 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Agreed. Not a horrible season, but definitely not memorable. It's in the bottom half for me, as there just wasn't much to it. Not a whole lot of drama, not a whole lot of "us vs them." I dind't really hate anybody, I didn't really love anybody.

End of the day, congrats to Nicole. But 3 seasons from now I won't remember much of anything about this season.

Until next year, folks.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:01 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
I laughed when I heard Paul took Nicole to the end and she won. What an idiot. He could have beaten did nothing all season James.

Glad Paul lost. He's an ass.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:51 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Love Paul. He was funny and honest. For instance, at the end how he said he wouldn't hang out with almost all of them after. He liked Glen and Vic. They seemed the most down to Earth, and there weren't many on there I would hang with either. Da and Michelle start too much crap. James acts too immature. Natalie's voice is like Nicole's, and I couldn't listen to either of them for long. Jozea was too out there. Paulie was obnoxious. I mean really. Who would you want to hang with? Tiff was too dramatic, and Frank would only slap my butt one time.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:42 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,115,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Love Paul. He was funny and honest. For instance, at the end how he said he wouldn't hang out with almost all of them after. He liked Glen and Vic. They seemed the most down to Earth, and there weren't many on there I would hang with either. Da and Michelle start too much crap. James acts too immature. Natalie's voice is like Nicole's, and I couldn't listen to either of them for long. Jozea was too out there. Paulie was obnoxious. I mean really. Who would you want to hang with? Tiff was too dramatic, and Frank would only slap my butt one time.
I would hang out with Glenn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV