Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 01:41 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
What a dumpster fire of a show.

It took until the end of the trial for them to find a few additional cameras?!?!?! Absurd.

Never seen a series start so strong just to morph into absurdity and abysmal writing.

OBJECTION!!!

Ummm ok, what are your grounds for objection Chondra? I mean just lol, this was so bad. Why is she questioning witnesses sitting down? I have never seen that ever!

The cat is the MVP, the rest of this show can be locked in a dumpster.
That's what you don't seem to understand. It wasn't at end of the trial they found additional cameras, it was that during the initial investigation, they didn't bother because they thought they had the right guy. That's the whole point of the show. It was about the system screwing over this kid because everyone wanted to take the lazy way out. The detective was lazy, the judge was lazy, the DA was lazy and it was because they didn't care. It is all about the public appearance. The public sees someone they know nothing about is found guilty of murder, the public chalks it up to great work by the state and the police department. You (as the public) don't care what type of detective work was done or if there is the possibility that this person didn't actually commit the crime, you just want someone to be found guilty. Meanwhile, this kid's life is being ruined. Eventually the detective started questioning his own detective work starting doing what he should have done in the first place. This show was portraying just how screwed up our judicial system can be. As for the objection issue, you had two defensive lawyers who didn't know all that much about a true trial. Chandra is very inexperienced in all of this and Jack does everything possible to stay out of a trial situation. Also, all the things you see wrong in the show are things that probably go wrong on a daily basis in our real life courtrooms. Notice even this show didn't tell you exactly who did commit the crime. Heck, it still could have been Naz, but we will never know. If you want crazy unrealistic drama in courtrooms, watch Law and Order or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 01:55 PM

862 posts, read 519,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
That's what you don't seem to understand. It wasn't at end of the trial they found additional cameras, it was that during the initial investigation, they didn't bother because they thought they had the right guy. That's the whole point of the show. It was about the system screwing over this kid because everyone wanted to take the lazy way out. The detective was lazy, the judge was lazy, the DA was lazy and it was because they didn't care. It is all about the public appearance. The public sees someone they know nothing about is found guilty of murder, the public chalks it up to great work by the state and the police department. You (as the public) don't care what type of detective work was done or if there is the possibility that this person didn't actually commit the crime, you just want someone to be found guilty. Meanwhile, this kid's life is being ruined. Eventually the detective started questioning his own detective work starting doing what he should have done in the first place. This show was portraying just how screwed up our judicial system can be. As for the objection issue, you had two defensive lawyers who didn't know all that much about a true trial. Chandra is very inexperienced in all of this and Jack does everything possible to stay out of a trial situation. Also, all the things you see wrong in the show are things that probably go wrong on a daily basis in our real life courtrooms. Notice even this show didn't tell you exactly who did commit the crime. Heck, it still could have been Naz, but we will never know. If you want crazy unrealistic drama in courtrooms, watch Law and Order or something.
I hear where you are coming from, a big portion of the show was to show us how it was all too easy for them to pin it all on Naz. I get that, but it is just to much or a stretch to simply believe that they had this footage the entire time but just were to lazy to make a few more mouse clicks. I can't buy that.

And speaking of "crazy unrealistic court room drama", why wasn't that knife bagged and documented? They are handling it without gloves, basically throwing it around the court room. Come on.

Where is the rest of Weiss's prosecution team?

The court room scenes were pretty much the definition of unrealistic courtroom drama and the weakest part of the show. Yes, somehow even weaker than the jail scenes.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
I hear where you are coming from, a big portion of the show was to show us how it was all too easy for them to pin it all on Naz. I get that, but it is just to much or a stretch to simply believe that they had this footage the entire time but just were to lazy to make a few more mouse clicks. I can't buy that.

And speaking of "crazy unrealistic court room drama", why wasn't that knife bagged and documented. They are handling it without gloves, basically throwing it around the court room. Come on.
How do you know it wasn't? I'm not a trial lawyer by any means, so I don't know if it is against the rules to have evidence outside of the bag. I think of the whole OJ Simpson trial and the glove. That glove was all over the place including in the defendants hand. Why wasn't the glove bagged and documented? Chances are, it was initially bagged and documented so having it out of the bag wouldn't change anything except for dramatic effect to the jurors. For instance, why did they have Andrea's lamp there covered in blood? This definitely wasn't evidence, but it sets a mood for the jurors. After all, the prosecution is trying to convince the jury to find him guilty.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:30 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Good post headingtoDenver.

There should be a way to keep the first offenders awaiting trail away from the hard core criminals. Naz should never have been allowed to shave his hair or get those tats. Now he LOOKS like a druggie gang thug.

Yea for the cat!!!

Old 08-29-2016, 04:09 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Not to be inappropriate, but umm.....Chandra was gorgeous. geez.
This^^^
I don't blame Nas, i would have been trying to set up some conjugal visits after i fired from being my Lawyer
I mean Nas should get the "Pimp of year award". This dude had his Lawyer go buy drugs for him then he had her smuggle them into jail for him.
When he left the house i was hoping he was going to Chandra to Cement the relationship( which he should of) but sadly like most drug addicts getting high takes precedence over everything, even hot sex

Old 08-29-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
This^^^
I don't blame Nas, i would have been trying to set up some conjugal visits after i fired from being my Lawyer
I mean Nas should get the "Pimp of year award". This dude had his Lawyer go buy drugs for him then he had her smuggle them into jail for him.
When he left the house i was hoping he was going to Chandra to Cement the relationship( which he should of) but sadly like most drug addicts getting high takes precedence over everything, even hot sex
If I were Chandra, I would be REALLY worried about going to jail. If they have video evidence of her kissing Naz, they have video evidence of her pulling drugs out of her bra and crotch.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:09 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Not to be inappropriate, but umm.....Chandra was gorgeous. geez.
I'd give this comment a rec but I've given you too much already. The "Man" (City Data) says I need to spread more love first! Saying she's gorgeous is not inappropriate at all. If you go on the Walking Dead forum of City Data, plenty of women say how attractive they think Norman Reedus is.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:14 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:
How do you know it wasn't? I'm not a trial lawyer by any means, so I don't know if it is against the rules to have evidence outside of the bag. I think of the whole OJ Simpson trial and the glove. That glove was all over the place including in the defendants hand. Why wasn't the glove bagged and documented? Chances are, it was initially bagged and documented so having it out of the bag wouldn't change anything except for dramatic effect to the jurors. For instance, why did they have Andrea's lamp there covered in blood? This definitely wasn't evidence, but it sets a mood for the jurors. After all, the prosecution is trying to convince the jury to find him guilty.
To save time, they didn't show this part but we can safely assume the state admitted the knife into evidence so the attorneys are able to handle it if they feel the need. Even the jurors can handle or see evidence while deliberating.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:10 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I'd give this comment a rec but I've given you too much already. The "Man" (City Data) says I need to spread more love first! Saying she's gorgeous is not inappropriate at all. If you go on the Walking Dead forum of City Data, plenty of women say how attractive they think Norman Reedus is.
Dm5ae here, bro. Lol.

Overall, it was a good series. This is Gandolfini's final project, and I hope that, wherever he is, he's happy with it. RIP Tony Soprano.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:19 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,028 posts, read 6,545,870 times
While I enjoyed the series, my enjoyment lessened as the series progressed. After watching the final episode I felt like I had read a good book by skipping every other chapter. If the writer's intension was to leave me with more questions than answers, they did a good job. Oh well, at least I did not have to watch 20 episodes to be scratching my head......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV