Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 09:50 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

Ok.. So.. Last night's episode.. this show more and more in the first 5 minutes leaves me completely confused, only to show me the light by the end of the episode.. I'm sitting there trying to figure out Mike in a therapy group and they paid it off. Of course, it just didn't click with me that being the support group he's attending

The judge.. First, I was sitting there for a couple of minutes trying to figure out who that was, because I knew the actor playing the role but just couldn't place him.. It's Neelix from Star Trek Voyager. Kinda ruined the part for me, because then I kept replacing everything he was saying to Kim as being prefixed by "Mr Vulcan". For the non-Star Trek fans, or even the non-Voyager fans.

That's him.

Mike has some balls. Standing his ground against Gus.

Jimmy declining the job then accepting.. Ok.. That's good info there, and a total Jimmy situation so far as what he painted on the windows. also explains his collection of burner phones and likely how he has inroads to get them. He's going to wind up going from a store that has no customers all day to probably the busiest store in the chain. And I have this feeling it's going to be that the regional guy wants to fire him, but then all the business.. And Jimmy quits looking good.

One thing that I kinda glossed over and need to watch this episode again.. Did I hear Jimmy say that he just needs a job for 2 months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 11:04 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The judge.. First, I was sitting there for a couple of minutes trying to figure out who that was, because I knew the actor playing the role but just couldn't place him.. It's Neelix from Star Trek Voyager. Kinda ruined the part for me, because then I kept replacing everything he was saying to Kim as being prefixed by "Mr Vulcan". For the non-Star Trek fans, or even the non-Voyager fans.

One thing that I kinda glossed over and need to watch this episode again.. Did I hear Jimmy say that he just needs a job for 2 months?
I didn't make the connection with the judge, as I stopped watching Star Trek after Star Trek: The Next Generation (with Captain Picard and Lt. Data). There were just too many of those shows, IMO, and they're all basically the same storyline: a group of Federation men and women on a ship traveling through space, encountering alien civilizations and trying to defend themselves from attacks by hostile forces. How many of those shows do we need?

Back to BCS: I believe what Jimmy said was that once he started working at the cell phone store, poof, in 10 months he'd be back to being a lawyer again.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
Just a theory:
If Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are parallels, then like Walter White losing everything he loved and held dear, Jimmy will lose everything too. We know that Kim isn't in BB so maybe she dies in BCS.
Why do so many people seem to think that just because Kim isn't in BB that she must die during the course of BCS?

Isn't it possible that Kim just gets fed up with Jimmy's shenanigans (his lies and his outside schemes to make money illegally and/or unethically) and they break up and each go their separate ways?

Old 08-28-2018, 11:42 AM

Did anyone else notice that when Jimmy was creating the distraction for Ira (to get out of the copier store) by breaking into the car he was not wearing gloves on his hands? Meaning that if the guy calls the police about someone attempting to steal his car and they fingerprint the car door, guess whose fingerprints are going to turn up? We already know that his fingerprints are on file with the police after he was booked for breaking into Chuck's house to find and destroy the cassette tape.

Anyone else think this is going to come back to bite Jimmy in the ass?

Old 08-28-2018, 12:17 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Did anyone else notice that when Jimmy was creating the distraction for Ira (to get out of the copier store) by breaking into the car he was not wearing gloves on his hands? Meaning that if the guy calls the police about someone attempting to steal his car and they fingerprint the car door, guess whose fingerprints are going to turn up? We already know that his fingerprints are on file with the police after he was booked for breaking into Chuck's house to find and destroy the cassette tape.

Based on real life, not a chance. Cops don't do anything more than take a report. CSI is only dispatched to murder scenes.

But in a TV show, anything goes.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I didn't make the connection with the judge, as I stopped watching Star Trek after Star Trek: The Next Generation (with Captain Picard and Lt. Data). There were just too many of those shows, IMO, and they're all basically the same storyline: a group of Federation men and women on a ship traveling through space, encountering alien civilizations and trying to defend themselves from attacks by hostile forces. How many of those shows do we need?

Back to BCS: I believe what Jimmy said was that once he started working at the cell phone store, poof, in 10 months he'd be back to being a lawyer again.

Thank you.. I had to believe that I had misheard it. I was eating dinner while it was on, so.. A touch distracted during last nights show and need to watch it again while focused on it.

Quote:
Why do so many people seem to think that just because Kim isn't in BB that she must die during the course of BCS?

Isn't it possible that Kim just gets fed up with Jimmy's shenanigans (his lies and his outside schemes to make money illegally and/or unethically) and they break up and each go their separate ways?

We've covered the theories, I think. She is either dead, has left Jimmy's life or.. The latest theory is that she's in prison over Mesa Verde.. Those are the three that have been, in one form or another, bandied about.

Quote:

They don't fingerprint for a vehicular accident. They'll assume, if they're even called, which I doubt they would be, since there was no property damage or injury, that the copier guy just accidentally left the car in gear and it rolled off.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Based on real life, not a chance. Cops don't do anything more than take a report. CSI is only dispatched to murder scenes.

But in a TV show, anything goes.
Quote:
We've covered the theories, I think. She is either dead, has left Jimmy's life or.. The latest theory is that she's in prison over Mesa Verde.. Those are the three that have been, in one form or another, bandied about.

They don't fingerprint for a vehicular accident. They'll assume, if they're even called, which I doubt they would be, since there was no property damage or injury, that the copier guy just accidentally left the car in gear and it rolled off.
I wasn't even thinking about the car rolling backwards and crashing into the support pillar. The car alarm went off twice. If I was the copier guy, I might call the police thinking that someone had attempted to break into my car. As the exterior lights on the car were on and it rolled backwards, I might think that a thief was trying to steal it but got scared off by something and jumped out, leaving the vehicle to roll away on its own.
But as oceangaia said above, even if the police did come to investigate, I guess they wouldn't bother to collect prints in that situation.

About Kim and Mesa Verde - My own thinking is that when she was showed the bank models, she suddenly thought to herself, is this what all of my effort is for, just to open a bunch of bank branches? Wasn't Kim a criminal defense attorney at HHM? I think that as the judge suggested to her in his chambers, her sitting in his courtroom was just to get back in touch with the type of work she had done in the past, and rediscover her passion for the law. Doing corporate law can't be very interesting really. I worked near some corporate attorneys in the headquarters of a large bookstore chain many years ago, and the work that they did was very routine and uninteresting. I'd even go so far as to say that one could probably do what they did without really having a legal background. Kim probably feels that her legal talents are being wasted working with Mesa Verde (which is why she passed off work to her paralegal and opted to sit in court instead).

Old 08-28-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
About Kim and Mesa Verde - My own thinking is that when she was showed the bank models, she suddenly thought to herself, is this what all of my effort is for, just to open a bunch of bank branches? Wasn't Kim a criminal defense attorney at HHM? I think that as the judge suggested to her in his chambers, her sitting in his courtroom was just to get back in touch with the type of work she had done in the past, and rediscover her passion for the law. Doing corporate law can't be very interesting really. I worked near some corporate attorneys in the headquarters of a large bookstore chain many years ago, and the work that they did was very routine and uninteresting. I'd even go so far as to say that one could probably do what they did without really having a legal background. Kim probably feels that her legal talents are being wasted working with Mesa Verde (which is why she passed off work to her paralegal and opted to sit in court instead).

As good a theory as any other. I've been struggling to explain the reason she was in the courtroom. I've been thinking that perhaps she feels guilty about the work with Mesa Verde in some way.

The previews seemed to indicate there's going to be an issue with them next week.. Hopefully we'll learn more about this situation.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:40 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
As good a theory as any other. I've been struggling to explain the reason she was in the courtroom. I've been thinking that perhaps she feels guilty about the work with Mesa Verde in some way.

The previews seemed to indicate there's going to be an issue with them next week.. Hopefully we'll learn more about this situation.
I think it's a combination. She feels guilty about how she got Mesa Verde and unfulfilled by the corporate work. If she profited heavily from Mesa's expansion it would be like ill gotten success. She did have a life threatening event with the accident so she had a wakeup reminder that life is short. I hope she does go for her calling and somehow through that realizes Jimmy doesn't fit into her new future. I don't know if she gets away that easy in this show.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:50 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,949 times
How cool would be if Kim make his appearance in the last chapter of BCS rescuing Gene from his miserable life in Nebraska?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV