Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:28 PM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,503 times

Advertisements

Same opinion here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 03:35 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Sheesh what a disappointing group. I doubt I'll even watch the finale, I'll just find the vid of Jesse's performance to watch. Of course I'm rooting for him.

I think Vanessa was robbed too. What happened? That one rap performance couldn't have turned everybody off, could it have?

Brennley must have heard the speculation about religious people voting for religious songs and for their own what with her obvious praying act up there. I'm glad she was sent home just for that. LOL
I cannot agree more strongly.

Far more often than not I agree with Lilly and this time the only exception is that I'm not, at all, a fan of Jesse.

Since it will be my last opportunity to reference Vanessa- yes, she was so robbed. I'm not really invested in anyone else so my last viewing of this season was last night. Maybe if Hunter had made it to the finale I would have stayed.

Yes, Jeffrey Austin was one of my favorites, one whose music I actually purchased. His performances of "Jealous" and "Dancing with Myself", both done this season IIRC, were excellent.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:03 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I think Stephanie's instant save song did her in.
Agree 100%. I think Stephanie knew it too. When she was standing there waiting on the results, she looked completely defeated, which she was. I am so tired of Carson's filler questions. Over and over he asks the same things season after season. "What has being coached by X meant to you?" or "How has The Voice experience been for you?" What are they supposed to say, "I hate it and it sucks?" They have next week to get through. But I can't FF through those because then I miss the results.

I was very surprised Jesse had to sing for the save. He (or possibly Lauren) was my bet for the win, but people in the bottom have never won that I can recall. I'm surprised Chris Blue made it to the final 4. Really liked Hunter, so I'm disappointed that he was cut. I couldn't stand Brennley's overly dramatic voice. She displayed no control, and the difference in vocal abilities was quite obvious when she did the duet with Lauren.

I'm glad Aaliyah made the final 4, although I'm a little surprised at that as well. But Chris and Aaliyah sang religious songs, so that can give them an edge among the religious crowd, I'm sure. I agree that they went overboard with the Mother's Day thing this year. It felt forced and contrived, and they harped on it too much. I'm thinking Lauren will win. She is an extremely gifted country singer and it's been a while since a woman won. Is it my imagination or do guys win the lion's share of these vocal talent contests?

ADDENDUM: Did anyone notice that Shania Twain only came for one week instad of the two that they said she would appear? No one explained her absence the second week, but it looked to me like she did not appear to enjoy giving feedback to the contestants on camera.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:43 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Agree 100%. I think Stephanie knew it too. When she was standing there waiting on the results, she looked completely defeated, which she was. I am so tired of Carson's filler questions. Over and over he asks the same things season after season. "What has being coached by X meant to you?" or "How has The Voice experience been for you?" What are they supposed to say, "I hate it and it sucks?"
They can see the graph on their monitors just like the home audience can, until Carson says to take it down. You can see all the contestants standing there glance down to see it.

I hate those questions too. They make me cringe. And the what do you want to say to your coach and to your contestant in case they are eliminated questions to the instant save performers while waiting for results are bad too. The answers from both the coaches and the contestants are so redundant they could be scripted.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:53 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:
I'm not really invested in anyone else so my last viewing of this season was last night. Maybe if Hunter had made it to the finale I would have stayed.

Ditto. No interest now.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:46 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,736,446 times
I would like to see Chris Blue win, but that's because it has been a while since a non-white, non-Country singer has won. Plus, is like to see someone not on Team Blake win.

Honestly I wonder if Stephanie lost partly bc she had no mother for the next week.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post

Honestly I wonder if Stephanie lost partly bc she had no mother for the next week.
LOL That would be awkward wouldn't it?

I think others have brought on people who they consider their adopted mother or role model.

This is a rare season where there wasn't an "anointed" from the very beginning. I do remember a lot of people hating that you pretty much knew who was going to win. But unfortunately without the anointed, we're left with subpar talent. At this point I don't really care who wins. Jesse is my favorite but liek others have said, he's not swoon-worthy. Too bad they can't find a dozen really great people to compete.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:33 PM

They have been showing that Chris Blue is special from his blind audition on, I think the powers that be want him to win.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:35 AM

Kinda fun Q&A session with the final 4.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/voice-to...234847452.html

Old 05-22-2017, 12:00 PM

I'm anxious for tonight and tomorrow! Who is going to win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV