Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
Great comment. My husband, probably about 10 years older than a-viva also attended Vassar (but graduated from an affiliated school) and is a law school graduate. He would never speak that way to or about anyone.

Yes, you have to pass language competency exams, but it is not the same as speaking fluently.

Was it she (a) who said to Jacques, "you are mean" en francais? Was that good french- I didn't catch it?
It was she, Aviva, who said it. I have no idea if it was proper French or not. My high school French is not up to par and I really couldn't hear her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 04:10 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
VaVaViva has got to be regretting being on this show. It sort of reminds me of Camille's first season on BH ...

She's probably on the top ten list of most despised women. What a moron. She comes on the show, acting all high and mighty, everyone must kiss her husband's rearend, she brings her pervert father into the mix (who tells his own daughter to get the angus hot dog and it turns out to look like.... ya know), turns out her father, husband, and brother in law are all implicated in SEPARATE cases of stealing from investors, etc etc etc....

Yeah, I think she's regretting it!!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
She's probably on the top ten list of most despised women. What a moron. She comes on the show, acting all high and mighty, everyone must kiss her husband's rearend, she brings her pervert father into the mix (who tells his own daughter to get the angus hot dog and it turns out to look like.... ya know), turns out her father, husband, and brother in law are all implicated in SEPARATE cases of stealing from investors, etc etc etc....

Yeah, I think she's regretting it!!!!
What I don't get is...they have to KNOW everything is going to be dug up about them as soon as they're on the show. Right? Why do it, if you or your family doesn't want something out there? I know I would never go on one of these shows, and there is nothing nearly as "interesting" with my past or family. Maybe stupid things I did in school and college, Many stupid things (!) but nothing criminal or terribly shocking.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
What I don't get is...they have to KNOW everything is going to be dug up about them as soon as they're on the show. Right? Why do it, if you or your family doesn't want something out there? I know I would never go on one of these shows, and there is nothing nearly as "interesting" with my past or family. Maybe stupid things I did in school and college, Many stupid things (!) but nothing criminal or terribly shocking.

I think because Aviva thought she would just be known as Fran Drescher's cousin and could get some recognition for her charity. For an educated woman, though, she's pretty stupid. First, did she even watch the show to see what it was all about before signing on?? Second, in this day and age, you can find out anything about anyone at any time! What made her think ANY of their dirt would remain hidden??? Idiot!!!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I think because Aviva thought she would just be known as Fran Drescher's cousin and could get some recognition for her charity. For an educated woman, though, she's pretty stupid. First, did she even watch the show to see what it was all about before signing on?? Second, in this day and age, you can find out anything about anyone at any time! What made her think ANY of their dirt would remain hidden??? Idiot!!!!!
Just goes to show you, an education (even from Vassar) doesn't mean a thing if you have no common sense!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Just goes to show you, an education (even from Vassar) doesn't mean a thing if you have no common sense!
Yep!!! Nor does speaking 3 languages or her "law" degree (which I find hard to believe).

The reunion was taped today. I can't WAIT to see it!!!! I hope Aviva gets it good and I hope there were some great Qs from viewers. I know I posted one on Andy's FB page but I doubt he'll use it.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Just got finished reading Aviva's BRAVO blog.

Yes, she acted like a jerk. In fact, her BRAVO post about St. Barths was named "The Jerk". She said she got tired of watching herself overreact, and acknowledged that Carole was reliving the memories of her deceased husband in St. Barths and handled herself more gracefully than she did.

She ended the blog entry with this ...

"Clearly, the only banner the girls should have hung in my honor was "AVIVA WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS IN ST. BARTHS." Next time I need to leave my anxiety on the tarmac"

Old 09-21-2012, 07:10 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Just got finished reading Aviva's BRAVO blog.

Yes, she acted like a jerk. In fact, her BRAVO post about St. Barths was named "The Jerk". She said she got tired of watching herself overreact, and acknowledged that Carole was reliving the memories of her deceased husband in St. Barths and handled herself more gracefully than she did.

She ended the blog entry with this ...

"Clearly, the only banner the girls should have hung in my honor was "AVIVA WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS IN ST. BARTHS." Next time I need to leave my anxiety on the tarmac"
Well, maybe there is hope yet for Aviva.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Well, maybe there is hope yet for Aviva.
I have to give her credit for acknowledging her bad behavior rather than making excuses, or trying to deny it somehow as some other "housewives" have done. Maybe this will prove to be a self growth experience for Aviva.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I have to give her credit for acknowledging her bad behavior rather than making excuses, or trying to deny it somehow as some other "housewives" have done. Maybe this will prove to be a self growth experience for Aviva.
I hope so. She started out so well, and then ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV