Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 12:44 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,689 times

Advertisements

If Ben hadn't won, this would have been the most disappointing ending ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 04:44 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
What an awesome ending. One of the BEST yet!!

Ben was so bummed out losing that challenge, and then he heard what the final twist was. It sure saved his bacon!

I totally enjoyed the look on Devon's face as he was desperately trying to light the fire and knew his smug goose was cooked. It sure wiped the smile off his pretty face eh? HA!

Old 12-21-2017, 04:51 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I am reading on other forums that some folks feel this season was rigged - giving Ben so many extra chances near the end so that the vet/hero would win.

..I'd like to think the producers are above that... but I hope its not true.
I can't see it being true. I can't see them directing him over beside that box where the final immunity necklace was, and the final fire challenge would have been decided long before the game ever began.

To have a "fixed" game would wipe the credibility of Survivor off the map and people would quit watching a rigged show. I think/hope Ben just got VERY lucky.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:30 AM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Glad to see that Ben won, he seemed to put his heart into this game and deserved it. He was extremely lucky to find that last idol. and his second chance for the final 3 with the fire making challenge was much deserved after losing immunity.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:02 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Ben "finding" three idols in a row will always put an asterisk on this one for me.

I liked the season but the last few episodes kind of ruined it for me.

Enough with all the damn idols.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:21 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
Finale/reunion, same difference IMO. I just lump it altogether as one. And they still have always had tons of commercials during the finale and the reunion. I doubt that will ever change. I am sure that the advertisers pay a lot extra to get in that time slot with the volume of viewership so they are going to squeeze in as many commercials as they can just like they have always done.
It doesn't change the fact that as viewers we don't want to see commercials, it just ruins the show. They break for five minutes of commercials, then go back to the show for 18 seconds, then go back to commercials! CBS Sucks, Big Brother is the same way.

Last edited by NYTom; 12-21-2017 at 07:32 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 08:11 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
OK tonight's everything has been chest pounding exciting!

Guys I'm back in my original boat of Ben that dude deserves it all after what he has overcame the past few weeks.

I hope Chrissy doesn't get one vote just because her attitude and superiority mannerism we all know Ryan won't get any surely he won't?
I was so happy with the outcome of the fire challenge. So happy Ben won.

I lost respect for Devon when he voted for that whining POS Ryan. I thought Dimples was a tall guy, how tall can Devon be??? The kid was handsome with short hair.

I loved the looks on Chrissy and Ryan's faces when Ben won the fire.

The vets reunion was awesome. Brought tears to my eyes.

Good ending. Gave me back a little faith that good can overcome bad. Sometimes.

Hope to see y'all next season.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:50 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
I thought the same thing! How tall is Devon?! lol I actually looked up Dimples height, seems he's 5'9"ish, looks a bit shorter than that, dunno. So Devon is probably 6'3"ish.

Glad to see Ben win. Lawl - I thought for sure he was done but he got very lucky, or made the luck looking all night. Never liked Chrissy but have to give it to her, she dominated challenges by never giving up. Probably a few too many puzzles but meh, mixing it up is good. Anyway, pleased he won and she got a big taste of humble pie.

Lost respect for Devon based on his vote. I mean, Ryan?! Heh, kind of a wasted vote on a floater.

The after show thingy was shorter this time and too frantic. It seemed loud and moving too much. Disappointed Probst now ignores the other players. They showed up so let them say something. Seems only fair.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:51 AM

5,891 posts, read 6,958,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
It doesn't change the fact that as viewers we don't want to see commercials, it just ruins the show. They break for five minutes of commercials, then go back to the show for 18 seconds, then go back to commercials! CBS Sucks, Big Brother is the same way.
I set the DVR to record the show(s), then wait until about 20 minutes in and start watching. I can speed through the commercials and watch the show in near real time.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:53 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I set the DVR to record the show(s), then wait until about 20 minutes in and start watching. I can speed through the commercials and watch the show in near real time.
Exact same. I watched the King of the Hill rerun at 8:00 on Adult Swim, then switched to Survivor and fast-forwarded the commercials. It's the only way to travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV