Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 06:36 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times

Advertisements

I am really enjoying watching this and learning. Only problem is, I feel like I am too old now. I keep thinking that what I am watching at the time would make an interesting career choice, but it's too late.

I wish a channel like this had been available when I was young.

BTW, I am getting it on local FIOS ch 622.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 01:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
I get it as a freebie part of the time on Dish, and go through the guide and mark anything interesting to record. Their material is interesting enough to watch over and over. I like that its not so watered down either. Its among a handfull of channels I'd pick if I could choose what I wanted and didn't want.

That and PBS and when I get it as a freebie National Geographic are good mind candy but we need a lot more of it. I like to keep the best saved to make up for when all that's on is the normal brainlessness of current tv.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:06 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I am really enjoying watching this and learning. Only problem is, I feel like I am too old now. I keep thinking that what I am watching at the time would make an interesting career choice, but it's too late.

I wish a channel like this had been available when I was young.

BTW, I am getting it on local FIOS ch 622.
I get SCI channel and I love it too. I love NatGeo too. I am too old, sadly, myself. Not feel too old, I am too old. What wonderful and interesting careers there could have been!

Old 06-01-2017, 01:53 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
I figure you never get too old to learn. I don't remember my parents doing much encouragement with me, but it wasn't necessary. I LOVED science. We went rockhounding and I learned about the types of rock and how the earth made them by my own reading. I also live and breath history. It never seemed odd to me that others didn't necessarily go for those things, but then I've never been interested in stuff like sports and don't buy the mindset. But I've felt like I was different since I was a kid.

If Science channel and NatGeo and even the current watered down version of History had been then, I'd have been glued to the TV.

I wish I could get Science and a few others all the time. I'd watch some of the shows over and over.

I figure I may be too far along to be a scientist, but have embrased science since I was a kid and there is always something new to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV