Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:01 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,989 times

Advertisements

Don't forget about Lordi! Awesome that they got such recognition!

"All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn hard rock hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn hard rock hallelujah
In God's creation supernatural high!"

Last edited by The A-Team; 03-25-2008 at 08:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony from Europe View Post
The best song was Croatian on Eurosong 199
This was the most memorable performance from all the years I lived in Europe and watched the show - also from Croatia. Breathtaking high note at the end, the ladies sang and looked lovely, and I still remember this song today.

YouTube - Eurovision 1995 - Croatia

Old 03-26-2008, 03:20 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,646,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This was the most memorable performance from all the years I lived in Europe and watched the show - also from Croatia. Breathtaking high note at the end, the ladies sang and looked lovely, and I still remember this song today.

YouTube - Eurovision 1995 - Croatia
I was only 6 years old in 1995, so I don't remember this one, but it was a beautiful song, and WOW what a high note that was!

This one didn't win in Sweden, though I sure did my best (hehe, I voted 7 times). God help me, but I love it...

YouTube - Christer Sjögren - I Love Europe

This one is "better" according to the Swedish people (ok, the people that watch Melodifestivalen), so... Vote for Sweden!

YouTube - Charlotte Perrelli - Hero

I see there are some people from the US who've commented in this thread, can you guys see it too? (I've heard Japan and Australia and Canada can watch the Eurovision, so maybe you can too?)

Old 03-27-2008, 03:06 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
The Netherlands have send a singer with Arabic influences, so hopefully the Eastern Europe countries will also like our song and give us some points.

I hear that the text of the Irish(?) turkey is quite good except that the performance is 'terrible.'
It seems that most western European countries don't take the Euro Song Festival serious anymore?

I also heard that the system has been changed so neighbours can't give each other that much points anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV